DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Taco_Rocket, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Taco_Rocket

Taco_Rocket G-G-G-Godmin VIP

I've had multiple members of the community send me this link over the past 15 minutes. I don't know what it does but it looks like a virus. Might hijack your steam account (this is where I received the link).

[​IMG]

DO NOT CLICK

@Muffin originally sent it to me.
    Seventh did as well
    Patrick as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

Tells people not to click a link, puts a link of it in the post #:sneaky:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

Seventh also sent it to me as well. Though it wasn't intentional.

4. Opii

Opii Keep it Simple. VIP

I have edited it to only include an image of the link. Anyone that tries to click the link will be disappointed.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Taco_Rocket

You can't actually click the link...

If you post it in your URL bar then gg for you.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

I clicked it. Now I gotta fix everything.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

Change your passwords and scan for viruses if you've clicked the link. Wasn't intentional, but it's a good idea not to click suspicious links from friends.

I've sent a message to anyone on my friends list who doesn't already know about the links. Please be careful and don't make the same mistake!

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

I don't click on these links. I've gotten so many scam links form people. I know how to find a bot when he tried to friend me. Plus I knew muffin wouldn't randomly PM me, xD

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I put it in on my phone and safari failed to load it. Yay for shitty service lol.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Taco_Rocket

It fails because it is a windows executable lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Mac users do not have to read. I use mac but this must be sent out. Windows users. READ! STTT is being hacked. All of the acccounts are being hacked, Ive had multiple people send me links that are .scr (Windows screen saver) but its a virus. I urge you all to enable steam guard not ASAP but NOW! Photos will be show if the virus links and how to enable steam guard

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

It's not STTT. It's steam. The reason you think it's just us is because most of us are friends.

13. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

>sees thread title "DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK"
    >clicks it
    >oh sh**

14. Serious Lawyerbot

Serious Lawyerbot Supporter

I clicked it once. Avast went beserk.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm Acting from the Shadows... VIP

To put it simply, you probably don't want to click that link or anything similar, especially sent through steam. It is basically a hack/virus that you won't appreciate. Good luck!

16. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

It's a common phishing link, I doubt it's being targeted towards our members. If you see any link that isn't a typical image sharing site ie. imgur, photobucket, tinypic. Don't click it, that goes for misspellings in website addresses.

17. LionDoge

LionDoge (◕‿◕) VIP

Muffin sent it to me too. xD
    I was like wut.

18. brinkboss

brinkboss VIP

My friend had this type of hack and got all his CS:GO stuff stolen from him. I would check just to make sure.

19. Blake

Blake Respect VIP

I'm creating this thread because users have suggested changing your password, please read.

If you have been infected, close out all programs and unnecessary processes especially steam. If you know where to look it should be simple to find it and destroy it, usually the biggest key is it will be running as a separate process, there you can trace it. And changing your password is actually one of the worst things you can do if your comp is still infected. When the trojan is uploaded he is not able to see what your password is, there's no way to be able to. Avoid everything until you have wiped the problem out, if you were to re enter your password or create a new password all "he" has to do his sniff your keystrokes out. Then he has your account, and if you're not able to close your processes because he is flooding you, I highly HIGHLY recommend that you shutoff immediately and restart into command prompt because he is not able to affect you there, except the virus will restart itself if you were to go back. So make sure you delete the source.

Also for future reference, I suggest running 2+ anti virus software, viruses are crypted in different ways that alot of software has not updated to pick up on. Norton is the biggest concern as it's known to be easily avoided.

Source: I've made and tested these.

Edit: I'll download the virus to help others, i'll post information regarding what happens.

[​IMG]

That's what it looks like, it communicates by being your screensaver. Delete the screensaver and you should be good. Make sure to not enter any passwords, it sniffs out the keystrokes and sends it in an email to the sender.

Use malwarebytes to scan and quarantine the threat if you're confused. It's a free anti virus program.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Patrick

Patrick Ex-Deathrun Administrator VIP Silver

If I use Malwarebytes scan, and then I quarantine it does that solve the problem :I