DNA Scanners as a weapon spawn

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Mr. 7-Minute Wonder, Jun 3, 2017.

?

DNA scanners as a weapon spawn

1. Yes

16.7%
  2. No

83.3%
  3. Other; specify below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Mr. 7-Minute Wonder Regular Member

I was thinking that adding DNA scanners to have a chance to spawn on the floor like other weapons, with the same chance of appearing as a double barrel, or possibly even rarer. Sometimes when there are incompetent detectives, it would be a good countermeasure to have more dna scanners. It would also make traitors more diligent in picking up dna scanners from those they kill. I've killed many traitors because they leave the dna scanner next to the dead detective.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

On a full server, there's like 5 or 6 detectives, which means 5 or 6 DNA scanners. Add on top of that the random spawn of them and it makes the Traitors at a major disadvantage.

3. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

I agree wirh Dolphin. Detectives die all the time, theres not many round i play as an inno where i dont find a scanner anyway. This feels a little unnecessary and unfair on traitors

4. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Those are fair points, it might be possible to scale the scanners spawn rate with the player count. I figure I didn't see any other suggestions like this and was looking for more reasoning through others' eyes.

5. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Yea like it would be too overpowered if everyone had a DNA scanner. It would pretty much be a guaranteed win for the innos. And it kinda takes the purpose out of the game. Actually figuring out who the t's are by what they are doing that is suspicious.

6. Mr. 7-Minute Wonder

Again, it wouldn't be everyone. It would spawn as frequently or even less so than a double barrel. Which is 0-3 per round. So, maybe capping it at one extra dna scanner somewhere on the map might be useful. Or it's a terrible idea and I just haven't been enlightened yet.

7. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

It's not a bad idea, it's just that it would make traitors' life hell. I could see it not being a problem if it was a max of 0-3 based on the players on the server, maybe anything above 24 is an instant 0?

8. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

maybe one use dna scanner? This probably wouldn't work on our servers.

9. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

Im with Toest a spawnable DNA scanner would be OP and the only way it would work would be one use, but thats still much

10. Senpai Reich

Senpai Reich THANK YOU FOR REQUESTING A STAFF MEMBER VIP

This suggestion is alright, but I still believe the DNA Scanner should be Detective-exclusive. It makes the detective role and his/her equipment much more valuable, which promotes more teamwork with the innocents. There are many players who know how to use the DNA Scanner; it would be simply unlucky if incompetent players assume the role.

In my opinion, low-rate DNA Scanner spawns won't disrupt gameplay balance, but it'd just make more sense if the source of all Detective-esque equipment are from, well, Detectives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. stakkuu

stakkuu VIP

I'd say a single DNA scanner spawns in the detective room, but that leaves the potential for random people to grab it as well as the potential of there not being a detective room at all.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Honestly i dont think this would be a good idea. Like Dolph1n said it would make traitor life hell. When you get down to it, if we add a randomly spawned DNA Scanner, yes the T could pick it up but it would cause a disruption in flow of gameplay. I agree with Senpai and say that we keep this a Detective Exclusive thing and not make a random spawn on the map.

13. stakkuu

stakkuu VIP

This adds to my suggestion of, if @Opalium adds this into the game, having a single scanner spawn in the detective room, but innocents and traitors can get in, and there aren't detective rooms on some maps. So probably just no spawn period.