DNA on Decoys

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Daddy Nexxus, Aug 7, 2017.

?

Yay or Nay

1. Yay

26 vote(s)
    47.3%
  2. Nay

29 vote(s)
    52.7%
  1. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Why not just code it so that if the traitor that placed the decoy gets killed it deactivates? A timer sounds pretty useless unless it only lasts for 5 minutes and, if less, can be repurchased.

2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

EMP ACTIVATED

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

also plus 1

If you're a detective w/o DNA and you see a traitor planting a decoy literally just on a ceiling, that traitor deserves to be kosed

5. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I'm really not sure the people who are downvoting this understand what I suggested.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

-1. Decoy is used to get away from dets. Adding this would just make a decoy backfire on itself if its found. Plus with radar, its easy to spot a decoy as it never moves, so a D would just have a flashing indicator to where it is, making it a stupid thing to place anywhere except in a T room.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. +1
    If detectives could destroy T equipment to stop the OP decoy-in-t room strat, this wouldn't really be an issue in the first place

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. +1 this bad boi

We can do the samething with C4 and trip mines, I don't see the problem with the scanner doing the same for decoys. I only use decoys on maps with t rooms anyways or if I'm fucking desperate because some scrub is trying to find me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

The decoy is important because it leads the player that has DNA of the Traitor to the decoy and because it gives the Traitor more time to kill people before the Player searching him finds the decoy and can find the Traitor right after that.

Adding the "DNA of Decoy's" would make it kind of useless because the Decoy is the only thing (+ harpoon) in the T-Shop (On Vanilla) that you can't take DNA of (the only safe thing to buy).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Cherious

Cherious Regular Member

That's been the point of what I have been suggesting. We all know the decoy leads the detective away for sometime as bait, but it becomes overpowered in a way if it's placed in the traitor room since it's out of reach. What I am suggesting is to either be able to get dna off of the decoy if a detective finds it incase it isn't in the traitor room since you can't get DNA from decoys (unlike getting dna from c4 and tripmines if they held it before) and/or to have the decoy expire after a set amount of time. The best way to deal with this, in my opinion, so that the DNA doesn't become obsolete for the whole entire round is to have the decoy expire after an X amount of time or it is destroyed.

I feel your pain nexxus.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Aarow

Aarow VIP

+1 It would make the game harder and require more skill. People that aren't afraid of a challenge should +1 this. Decoys are pretty OP as of now. Although I agree with the better idea of no DNA but having a decoy expire. That's like +100

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Aarow

Aarow VIP

5 minutes in a game that's typically no longer than 6? More like 2 minutes. Maybe 3. Imo.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. The time it would take to code is not worth the "benefit" that would come of this. People rarely use decoys, and if they do, they're not going to be dumb enough to place it out in the open lol. Many maps have T-rooms where they can place it.

Also, @Aarow and some banned guy are the only people giving the dumb reaction. And they are doing it to posts that actually make sense. Please stop shilling this silly argument.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Skipster baby

Skipster baby Member

I agree, DNA should be on the decoy. I honestly don't know how u guys did not get what he was saying.

Now to counter the decoy in traitor room dilemma, D's should be given a gamma Ray burst gun of course. Either purchased for 0 credits or given to Ds at the start.

The D would obviously have to get DNA from a body, notice the DNA signature does not move (decoy), and fire the gamma Ray gun (30 second charge) which only destroys decoys if aimed right at them and can go thru walls. The gun could also disorient others if given the option, but than credits may be needed for it's renowned status.

2ez

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

This suggestion gets my +1. I actually hopped on to suggest it myself, but being the good boi that I am, I searched for a similar thread first. And for all of you who think decoys in the T room is OP, let me share a somewhat little known fact. If you know there's a decoy in the T room, look for the person who isn't showing up on radar. Follow people until you find the one with no life-sign. They're the T. It's like a game within the game.

My side-hoe Death and I tested it, I was mistaken/wrong.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. I know what your trying to say, what if you implement a invisible box surrounding every t-room and outside of it for a little bit of distance so that it will put a timer on it like a c4, giving it an expiration time before its destroyed, almost like a decoy on CSGO. This way you can't camp it inside the t room where no grenades can hit it and you will constantly have to watch where you put it

17. Jabba the Slut

I fail to see how me explaining that a decoy in the T room isn't OP because it leaves someone vulnerable if you're smart enough to spot it is something to "Disagree" with.

18. if your tracking someone based off the fact that your using a radar, then your killing based off suspicion, doesn't matter if its obvious or not

19. Jabba the Slut

If you're a detective, and you notice a player doesn't have a radar ping, after it refreshes and you're looking at them dead on, it is in no sense a kill on suspicion, as the only conclusion is that they have a decoy. That's just daft.

(Or they're disguised, but then you can still shoot them anyway.)

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  20. Jabba the Slut

Ah, yes, rate the post dumb because I'm right. That's certainly not an abuse of the rating system.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1