(Discussion) Younger Player

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Texas Twenty Step, Apr 22, 2014.

1. In terms of first impression, i will admit, i have a hard time seeing younger players as a competent equal. I am from a community that disallowed mic use for those who are under the age of 16, in order to limit the "squeeker" mic use. I know that there are many players who are mature, but have unfortunately high voices. This will change and if i know you and i like you, i dont have a problem with your voice. It is really a matter of first impression that makes it hard for young players and mic usage to be recognized as an equal in game.

2. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

The only time I would have a problem with a squeaker is if they were mic spamming. I just simply mute them if they do that.

3. The Don

The Don VIP

Me and you are one and the same man :). im 15 and my voice is still pretty high, i dont use voice chat because i feel like it will mess my mod application up (im not saying the mods are discriminatory, I just know that the brain judges people without you knowing) I say just keep talking and have mods help you becuase we all deserve to have the same gaming experience and PWN SOME NOOBS.

4. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

If anything, not using your mic actually hinders your chances of getting chosen to be a moderator. Yes, there are staff without mica, but a microphone can aid when explaining things to players. Our mods will give feedback on applications, but it is ultimately up to the admins, who I know are pretty unbiased, to choose the future of the server.

5. The Don

The Don VIP

yah thats true but your brain will judge people by many different things even though you dont even know about it

6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

But our staff won't judge you on your voice. We have has staff members with higher pitched voices. I would rather the mods have a mic than have no voice.

7. The Don

The Don VIP

yah thats true, yesterday i had to go onto another server and i really respect how clean and organized this server is compared to others and its all thanks to the mods :)

8. I pretty much quit ttt because i was harassed so much. I rarely get on but when i do i get harrased by a bunch of douchebags. I liked this server much better way back when it was old people, staff where diekasta, zabiba, robert, rambo, cupcake, aphux, and them. There were way less dicks.

9. I don't really see calling people out in this way as a mature act, really.

There's nothing wrong with young players as long as they follow the rules. Incessant talking might be more annoying than an adult doing so but anyone playing the game right isn't worse than anyone else.