(Discussion) Younger Player

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Texas Twenty Step, Apr 22, 2014.

1. I am as you may all know 14 years old, many in this community don't really like people like me- COUGH COUGH. I try to stay mature at time although my hastiness and also me going through puberty may leave a bad impression, I actually am a server regular, although I can't truly say the community enjoys my presence, I would like to ask everyone, what are you thought's about Young players in general? Do you hate them, do you like them, do you like them playing to a certain extent? Do you think I have problems, I should give up playing? I have actually seen times on the server when people go on a Squeaker Hunt where they kill every kid who sounds squeaky. Sometimes I am afraid to talk because people will tell me to shut up. So please tell me about all your experiences, bad or good. Thank you and have a nice day

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. BreakCustoms

BreakCustoms The Lovely Son Of Carned VIP

Dude I feel you. People shouldn't judge on the pitch on your vocal cords create. It's really produce. I've seen so many mature players with a high pitched voice and they get hate. I just have to ignore it and deal with it to be honest because I don't have the deepest voice either. It's considered harassment to disrespect you based on your voice, and staff won't take it lightly.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

That's the whole point of the staff to begin with. Staff members prevent harassment towards particular players when it becomes a hazard and starts to ruin the player's experience. Our servers were designed for the younger audience to enjoy as much as the older audience does.

Personally, I believe that there should be no discrimination against high pitched voices since we all had them in the past.

4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

If you feel your being targeted let a staff member deal with the persons involved.

Age discrimination is not something we tolerate here.

5. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

I see this all the time in the servers, "KILL THE SQUEEKER", etc. Don't let it go. Report it. It's just a dick move plain and simple and I don't tolerate that kind of stuff. That's what the report player section is for.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Aboose!

Aboose! Floral shirts, Dads and sleeveless sweaters are IN VIP

I mean considering HL2 and CSS are both rated M (+17). You probably shouldn't be playing this game in the first place. However since we are a community that welcomes all people those who harass you should be dealt with according

7. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Unfortunately that's something i have to agree with.

Nowaday people of the 21st century generation are so much more into technology and violence.
    it's creating chaos here and there.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. The Seventh

The Seventh Bloom. VIP

A world where people are judged by the pitch of the sound that comes out of their mouths rather than the words that come out themselves is a world I would hate to live in.

It's been stated what you need to do to if you're being disrespected due to your voice, so there's no need for me to repeat that. I find it absolutely silly that someone would make fun of someone else for something they cannot control.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

I 100% Agree with you. Before I was a mod and first started. I used to get harassed for my voice. And it sucks man. People can be cruel. I have a mic and I do not even use it anymore because I still have my squeaky voice. I am only 15 and Kingangel (Another Mod) First applied when he was 12, and got mod at 13.

10. Krys

Krys Gives Explosive Hugs VIP

It is interesting but people in my generation (~age 26) didn't really have to go through this when we were kids (read:squeekers, I dislike that term) as VOIP or voice chat in general was very uncommon. I'm sure if I faced the harassment back then that these kids face today, I don't know if I ever would have continued into PC gaming.

If you are being harassed for your voice then tell the staff member on the server, if there is no staff then maybe jump to a server that does. I don't have a high tolerance for calling kids squeekers and will give warnings and remind everyone that you can mute anyone. Heck I muted a LOT of people before I became staff, and of those muted kids were the minority. Yes I actually muted the name callers and not the kids.

THAT BEING SAID, I also don't have a high tolerance when it comes to kids saying stuff like "YOU'RE SLAYING ME BECAUSE I'M A SQUEEKER" or any other attempt at berating staff while using their age or voice as a form of discrimination.

11. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

Damn guys. You mods are very wise. I 100% agree with you Seventh. A high pitched voice can be annoying, but it is something that should be dealt with. If I hear a voice that is acting immature, saying stuff that don't harm us, and acting out with no self control, no matter their pitch of voice, I will judge them for their actions. Hell, if the deepest voice I have ever heard was acting immature (Someone that comes to my mind with a very deep voice is Robdor), I will judge them the same. I think if you have a high pitched voice, you have to be careful, because even if age discrimination is not tolerated in this server, it still happens. Just like RDM will still happen. Try typing more often than you speak with voice chat. What I like to say is: If your mic is more on than off, you need to lay off. Also, if you act mature enough, you won't be judged. I have witnessed it myself as someone said "He sounds like a squeaker, but I haven't seen him act immaturely.. yet".

(BTW, I really don't think 14 is classified as squeaker)

12. ZeRo

Again, we all have or have had squeaky voices (if you say you didn't, then you're a lying son of a gun). People need to learn that puberty comes at different times. My voice didn't start sounding lower until I was around 16 years old.

So people need to stop judging people based on voice alone and just enjoy the game. They got it for a reason and we all want to have the same experience in these servers. If you get harassed because of your voice, let an staff member know ASAP.

13. Sinora

Sinora VIP

Ummm for one I don't really play here, and I was never a hater of "squeekers" when i did play here as a staff member and as a normal player. So truely throughing slander like this at someone who comes on every now and again to play TTT and would tell people to shut the fuck up when it came to making fun of people of different pitches in voices to someone speaking english as a second langue, I take offence to this.

14. ZeRo

Let's keep to the discussion at hand and Homelesshobo, stop trolling. If you want to talk about whatever you want, do it in PM.

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I want to add that this isn't a Christian forum. Sinora's language was nothing worse than what you would hear in game. He was clearly defending himself of the possible libel found in the original post.

16. Candycaneore

Candycaneore Neko Candy VIP Silver

Well I don't really know you. but being young isn't a bad thing or the fact that you have a higher pitched voice... I don't think all boys turn into a justin beiber some point in their life do they?

Edit: I'm a girl and many guys have harassed me and told me to shut up, i just ignore them tell and tell a staff. Even if it wasn't on STTT, i just tell them to mute me or if im annoying so its their problem not mine.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sinora you may not remember and It was a long time ago ask the admin named sailer something

18. how is that creating a problem?

19. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I'll be honest with you. If you show that it bothers you, the people that do it to bother you will just prompt them to continue.

What I suggest, instead of publicly posting on here, is to privately contact staff members who have the power to punish players for harassment.

I also want to clear up something else. Our female gamers, while being no different in the aspects of being a gamer, are still completely different psychologically and physiologically. I'm not saying that we should feel more obligated to help than if it were a make in their situation, but we will approach their situation differently; which may make you perceive the way they are treated as better or different. This may shed some light on those situations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BreakCustoms

BreakCustoms The Lovely Son Of Carned VIP

I agree %100 with you on what you said in the beginning. It's true if you show the person that you don't care then they look like a idiot for trying to make you feel down when they realize they failed to making you feel bad.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2014