Discussion: Genders n shit

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Kyül, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Did you just assume Hitler's gender :mad:

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

.. Maybe.. >_>

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Juice Juice™

Racist

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

What?
    [​IMG]
    What am I making out to be untrue? I am simply stating that I don't fully understand it because I have never had an experience with a genuine gender-neutral character, so I'm not sure what your point is whatsoever

"The fact is you are likely". Pretty important word imo. I never said it's a fact that you are doing this one thing.

Also, I do admit to assume things, even on this very thread I admitted to assuming something that seemed decently obvious, so I don't see that as being ironic

Are you really going to accuse me of logical fallacy then pull a Godwin's law :confused:?
    And yet another logical fallacy, you are removing parts of what I say to better easily attack it. The quote in its entirety was "Who knows, maybe an omnigender space-australian demiqueer otherkin is actually really nice, and doesn't require you to discern they are such". You removed my entire counterpoint and argued against something out of context, so I hope you're proud of yourself.

Seems like at this point you are just using passive aggressive statements and keywords to try and get a rise out of me, as well as only reading what you want to read, so I'll leave this here. Have fun

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. It's called "they"

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

If you wanna have male sex organs yet claim you're a girl, that's your thing. But that doesn't mean I'm going to call you a girl when you look like a dude. (assuming you look like a dude)

male and female. that's it. There's no such thing as anything else. It's just bullshit from people wanting attention, so they've created their own way of seeking attention. It's just the truth.

just gonna put this out there. I agree with this, not because he's a redneck, because it's pretty fucking honest, and hopefully shows you how mentally disturbed these people are.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

I meant singular gender non-specific. I'm sorry, I assumed everyone would be aware of that.

And while yes, 'they' can be used as a singular, it is completely contextual. When you say "They did something stupid" it is impossible to tell from that sentence alone if you are referring to one person or multiple.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  8. Yeah that's why context exists...?

9. There are pronouns for non-conforming people that have been suggested by these people but what a surprise, they get ridiculed :thinking:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm not even bothered to even read all the replies here, ye are all too much of a hateful bunch to have a civil discussion with.

• Dumb x 3
    • Confusing x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

They get ridiculed cause its ridiculous. If they dont conform thats not my problem, simple as that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  12. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

ya guys do know edit is a thing, right?

also convos?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Witchking

Witchking VIP

Wait, there are actually people who don't identify as male, female or trans? I thought that it was just a meme

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This imbred's first point is criticizing the hair of the first person he sees in the video. Barely 2 seconds into them speaking and he somehow made 20+ seconds of content just making fun of the person's appearance

Didn't watch past that lol.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Renko

Renko VIP Iron

I disagree to it because:
    1. Life's too short to memorize the pronouns made by special snowflakes.

2. Gender wasn't meant for knowing your emotions and personality.

3. Reproduction problem in many decades that will destroy humanity.( Don't tell me that Science can do anything it's 2018 but hoverboards has still a wheel.)

4. Having genders rather than Male and Female doesn't make me feel special.

5. P U R E E S C A P A S I M

6. Degeneracy @ LGBBQ parades

7. https://amp.reddit.com/r/asktransge...tf_srs_question_why_do_people_complain_about/

Feel free to rate anything my idk about the ratings anyway.

• Dumb x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Confusing x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  16. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

I respect all of it man. If you're a man, that's great. You happen to be a female. That's fine too. If you recognize biologically you are the one of the two, but wish to be shown differently based on how you feel you are truly beside biology, then that's perfectly fine. Just let me know what you prefer to be called, but also don't be mad if I get it wrong - I'm still human and all that good stuff. Long as you're happy with your own life.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Juice Juice™

Says the racist who sees differences between white people and everyone else.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. Bravo

Bravo VIP

To purely focus on the scientific aspect of this discussion (because fuck me I'm not opening this can of worms) - Interestingly enough, even taken the assumption that X and Y chromosomes are the only thing that matters (they aren't, but at that particular stage you're reaching even more complex shit than chimerism), there are genetically speaking at least 4 "genders" (XY, XX, XXY XYY; the last two being rare but not just a statistical anomaly at 1 in 500 and 1 in 1000 ish give or take.) There are additional rare circumstances where you can get biologically male XX (who can be fully male, partially hermaphroditic or fully hermaphroditic; don't ask me what partial is, I'm not a god damned scientist) though this is rare to the point of being silly (at 1 in 20,000; figures from wiki because I know very little about this particular genetic issue) there are XY Females as well, but I have no actual knowledge of this syndrome I'll just link the wiki page on the matter in the first place rather than use it as a reference point as I did with the others: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgen_insensitivity_syndrome

I excluded from the above non-gender related XY chromosome differences, also because screw going in depth into genetic disorders on a gaming forum.

In addition to the things I already mentioned - there are also full on Chimeras which, to briefly summarize for those that don't know, is where two or more distinct genetic patterns are present in the same individual (this can be basically any living organism, though obviously its relevance to this particular case is in humans); purely focusing on the gender side of things, it is entirely possible for an individual to have the 'incorrect' gender's genitals, or possess both. Chimerism is rare however as the overwhelming majority of human Chimeras are never even genetically tested (When I researched the matter I came across a story from America of a woman who nearly lost custody of her children because the children had a DNA test to prove the father... and HER genetic material implied she was non-related; this was later proven to be a case of Chimerism)

There are likely other genetic disorders related to gender that I missed (either because I've never heard of them but have forgotten them).

TL;DR - XY Chromosomes are not only the sole definer of gender, they also genetically prove distinct 'genders' beyond basic male/female.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

There's a rule, and exceptions to the rule, @Bravo . Which is why at the end of one of my sentences I stated that there are rare occasions where genetic anomalies happen, more or less. We're literally discussing 1% of the population here, so while this information is meaningful and interesting, it's ultimately not relevant to my perceptions because the reality of the matter is humanity has worked successfully as is for an exceptionally long time - society shouldn't change at large to accommodate the demands of the extreme minority in this regard. I am not advocating against understanding and acceptance, I'm advocating against the notion of people being forced to change how they speak, think and behave. Just so we're clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Bravo

Bravo VIP

I reiterate my point I was refuting any claim that science disputes more than a bi-gender system; when in fact per science there are categorically dozens of different definitions of gender. This has nothing to do with what an individual identifies as, and is purely focused on the actual genetic science of the matter. I dislike seeing people try to use science to make an argument when the science is... not only more complex than they realise (seriously, I skipped over a lot of the more complex shit and focused purely on the XY chromosome argument) but also clearly lack actual knowledge of the matter in hand. I'm not getting involved in the actual semantics of the argument, I'm just making a point that, purely on a scientific level, claiming that there are "Two genders because XY chromosomes" is false.

As a side note - I would argue that as many people have hundreds of "Friends" on various social medias, it doesn't actually take much of a stretch for any given individual to have encountered someone with one of the more common conditions I listed, 1% is rare but it is statistically probable that, with a community of thousands of total members (I assumed heavily the numbers on this because fuck knows how many people have joined SGM over the years) there are half a dozen or so with various syndromes I listed.

PS - Still staying out of the actual argument.

• Disagree Disagree x 2