Rejected Discussion about the right to PM

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Floating Bathtube, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It should be restricted to VIPs or Mods and not regular users since i was tricked to minor ghosting at my part
    and you could be tricked into it too.

So the story about why I ask this is shortly;
    A staff has talked to me in private a lot in a friendly conversation(not giving the name because this isnt meant to be appeal of abuse against him) and he kind of tricked me into minor ghosting like *check chat* or stuff while he was alive and we were still messaging each other and said he verified about it with a admin and banned me right away then dismissed my arguments about him actually messaging me that friendly the rounfd even when he was alive for quite a while. (End of the story)

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

So you want to remove regulars' right to PM, because you had a private conversation with a moderator and got banned? No. SGM is a fair community where we won't remove peoples' right to communicate with each other in private. The whole idea is just silly. You should think about what you do next time to avoid getting banned again.

Also, if you and a moderator have a conversation midgame, while you're (edit: both) still alive, it's not ghosting (as far as I'm aware).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

4. This.

The solution isn't to stop people talking; if your story is true, and it sounds rather bizarre, you actually do need to file a report against this staff member.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. He was talking to me while i was dead so i was blamed on my part i just dont want to file a report tho

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  6. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

But did you ask him to check those and those things? If you did, I clearly get why you were banned.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  7. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I am the Moderator in question - don't hesitate to hold me accountable for my actions. Anyway. There was no tricking of any kind. I was just being friendly as I tend to be.

As for restricting PMs, not a good idea. People will just find different ways of ghosting as it typically happens between friends. This would be to the detriment of many innocent players for the purpose of punishing and stopping almost nobody from ghosting.
    Just be mindful of the things you say in PMs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. oh how about you be mindful about how much you get close with people in the wrong way first then ill do lmao

• Confusing Confusing x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

I really don't think @Snowflake❄️'s actions were bad/negative, since she was being friendly. You were the one who actually ghosted, you can't blame other people for your own mistakes.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  10. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

I agree with bathtube. Plebs shouldn't be able to PM. I mean cmon, what is this community becoming? Everyone getting the right to talk to each other!? Disgusting.

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

No

12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I hate when I accidentally ghost. I blame @Death

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. Carl

Carl Kachow! VIP

I hate when I accidentally ghost as well @NachoGril

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Actually, if you're giving round related info, even if you are both alive, through pms, it is still ghosting. Just having a chat, nothing to do with the round, is not ghosting though no matter your live status.

Anyways, this would be a bad idea. Anyone should be able to pm anyone. As long as you don't give any info regarding the round, you should be good.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Heya,

This isn't a feature we are looking to limit to only donaters, and furthermore, as you can see in this thread the idea isn't well supported.

Furthermore, the rules related to ghosting are listed on the motd, as well as the extended rules- so every player should be well aware upon joining the servers.

Thanks for suggesting!

• Winner Winner x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.