Dev Discord Logging Bot

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by PixeL, Sep 10, 2017.

1. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

This isn't related to SGM, but it's a side project I have been working on to gain knowledge of this programming language and because my other bot needs a rewrite.

My old bot is written in C#, while this new one is made in Elixir.

If you wanna watch my progress and maybe even contribute :eek:, or learn a thing or two, the github link is below.

https://github.com/PixeLInc/Elixir-Bot

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

See, what I like the most about GitHub is that thanks to it I keep discovering languages I would've never met before. If anyone would've said "Hey, ever coded in Elixir?" before I saw this thread, I'd be sure it's a joke. :confused:

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Adminツ

Adminツ VIP

i recently got into coding (java) and this looks like some BOONK GANG shit. Also what does this bot do. Might download

4. PixeL

PixeL Man märker andras fel och glömmer sina egna Banned VIP Silver

Haha. This bot currently isn't done actually.

It's a logging bot, that logs messages into a database (redis) and then upon message delete, edit, etc.. it pulls it and logs it to a channel of your choosing that you set with a server profile that would be found in servers/server_guild_id.json
    It also logs things like role create, delete, user ban, unban, guild_join, user kick..

I would advise not to run it yourself as of yet as you'd need to setup a database along with figuring out the server profile format hehe..
    I'll be updating the github readme to be more informative in a few.

5. n0blerone

n0blerone VIP

PixelInc best Inc

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1