discombobs

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by incognito moe, Aug 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why is throwing discombobs a traitorous act? I threw one in an empty closed off room and was shot for it. Nobody took any damage, nobody fired any shots but I was killed and it was ruled justified.

It's no different than the t-bait rule or firing at a wall and you get slain for killing someone who did the latter. If it's wrong to throw grenades about then is H.U.G.E spam kosable just because it causes a nuisance?

You could argue that someone may not see the grenade in your hand but intentionally cooking it is a little different than throwing it directly onto the ground because then it's much easier to identify which grenade has been thrown. I also believe it should be at a mod's discretion whether the player was in immediate danger or not to prevent freekilling.

Remove the discombob throwing from traitorous acts unless the person is near a source of danger, such as a ledge, a T-Trap or incendiary flames. It does no damage. It's no more dangerous than a smoke grenade and both are used by traitors to cause a distraction but distractions do not equal T acts.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Minimelt

Minimelt The Ice Cream Dream VIP

The discombobs being a T act rule is most likely in place because of how many maps have wide areas where throwing a discombob could do major damage to someone/kill them. As for smaller areas/maps, I'm not sure. I know I've been flung up/down high enough in a small area by a discombob/prop to where I've actually taken a decent amount of damage. I do think it would be a good idea to make it so that discombobs are only KOSable if you're near a wide enough area, so I can bring that to upper staff if you'd like.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Yeah, like I said. If the discombob either A. is thrown in an area where a player is able to take damage, including but not limited to near a T-Trap, near a ledge or flames, or takes velocity damage then it's okay. But if they don't take any damage and aren't put in any immediate danger it's RDM.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Paradox

Paradox The One Eyed Ghoul Banned Elite

Can destroy gun fights too so i guess theres that meh

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

Discombobs can cause props to fly at fast speeds around players which can inflict damage. Even then, really high velocity from a discombob can cause damage to a player even if they don’t fall very far. It is hard to implement a rule where discombobs are only kosable if there is a possibility for danger when the possibility for danger is almost always applicable.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

removing the blanket rule and trying to only make it a traitorous act in very specific scenarios is way too complicated and not at all worth the effort

it's already toxic to kill someone for a discomb that obviously couldn't do anything, like one thrown out of the map, and you can get punished via admin discretion

if you don't want to get bopped just don't throw one lol

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. No offence but it's not hard to put this in the extended rules and make it simple.

For example:
    Traitorous acts:

Throwing a discombobulator is KOSable when:
    It places a player in danger, e.g. near a ledge of T-Trap.
    It causes damage via the environment e.g. props flying around at a high speed.

Throwing a discombobulator is not KOSable when:
    It does not inflict player damage.
    It does not put any player in immediate danger.

Going off what you said @Minimelt let drrobinson off for killing me when I threw a discombob inside a bathroom on the mansion map. Nobody took damage, but he decided to shoot me for throwing one on the ground even though nobody took damage.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

tbh I like the idea of it just being "only kosable by dangerous areas" or whatever. how my old server I played on did it, then people can't get petty ass kills because someone threw a discomb.

never had a discombob do damage to me with a prop out of all the hours I have on these servers though so I mean.. oop?

+1

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

I like how all you only use discombobs just to throw people off places. I use them for people who are chasing me when I am T or when I throw them in a crowd and then start shooting at them. The discombob sends their cursor to a different direction so it's really useful for me when I am a T. So having a rule like that will benefit me a lot so I can never be killed by doing this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

If you press Q (default bind at least) it drops it instead of needing to throw it

saves everyone the effort of dealing with un-needed discombs (y)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. no shit,

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Why would a innocent need to be throwing a discombob anyways? You threw it, you know you can die because of it, now its on you that you threw it so stop complaining.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. that's your logic? "it's the rules so stop complaining" this is what the suggestions are for lmao. there's many reasons you can throw a discombob.

you can throw it to stop a traitor aiming at you, to stop a person following you, to manoeuvre items closer to you?

it's not a t-weapon. why throw a smoke grenade as an inno?

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

Smokes have 0 chance of damage

Incends and discombs can both cause damage

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Incendiaries cause both AOE and damage on impact.

Discombobs only cause damage when they fling a player towards danger or danger towards a player. Throwing them in an empty room is harmless.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

i mean they're pretty situational but they can help against people door blocking or when they need a speed boost just to name a few examples

i think this rule change doesnt matter that much because if you kill for such a petty reason knowing that its not a lethal act they probably get consistently karma banned anyways

17. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

nah.
    it's usually the type of dudes that look for the littlest things to kill people for, so they end up killing a traitor here and there because there was an unid 30 feet away or some shit so their karma doesn't go too far down lmao

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. pretty laughable that people are getting frisky over stopping this suggestion. I think the rule change would be good. people that get damaged from a single prop flying have apparently never experienced ttt on these servers where innos throw props across the floor basically every round. It's not uncommon to be killed by a prop thrown by an inno, and yet tossing a discombob may cause 1 dmg if you get clipped by a desk or something.

I think innos throwing discombobs to throw off aim of someone is perfectly natural, not traitorous at all.

+1

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

ppl who kill for petty discombobs are the same people who kill ppl for flinging props around

• Like Like x 1
  20. @Minimelt if I report drrobinson for that RDM he did on me will you honour the report?

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.