Did you ever injure yourself and just not realize how serious it was?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Irish, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Irish

Irish SGMs Residential Frog-min VIP

The other day I was talking to my friends about how I tripped in my house when there was construction work going on back on the 12th of march and then went to the hospital on the 4th of april.. turns out my foot was broken/fractured in like 2/3 different places? In that time I
    • walked to school
    • did pe classes
    • went on various walks to and from town/places far too far for someone in my condition
    it hurt like shit and I just decided it would get better and when I asked my friends if they thought it could be damaged they told me to shut up that it was fine (and no one apologized :( after the fact) so yeah..
    Have you ever done something stupid like this? LMK

• Like Like x 2
  2. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

I have sprained two thumbs two ankles and gotten a bad concussion within the last three weeks and haven’t taken time off. It’s not too bad

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

I don't know how well this fits the theme of the thread but when I was younger I stepped on a nail in the woods. I walked around for like an hour before I noticed my croc bloody and freaked out.

I ran home and my mom was worried I was going to get a blood infection considering it was a dirty ass nail.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I did a flip off my cousins bounce house one time and landed on my finger which led to it getting sprained. Haven’t really had any major injuries.

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Kyuu

Kyuu The True Trap of SGM VIP

Cut open my entire left hand with a broken bottle once didn't really care about it till I couldn't move my fingers but it all good

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Dani

Dani Impersonating Staff Banned VIP

That's pretty dickish of them but you sound like a total pushover in that scenario LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

well I broke my arm while arm wrestling once and I thought it was dislocated because it was a loud pop (like a wooden object being hit against a desk) and not a snap. Didn't realize it was broken until I felt the broken bone poke my skin from the inside.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

what a clean ass break tho damn

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

Broke my wrist playing football, and the way it felt, the way it looked, and how I did it, all screamed that I'd just sprained or pulled it. Getting driven home meh mum decided that it would be the one time we didn't bother to get it checked it would be broken, and yeah, three fractures.

Also, you can surf in a cast but you'll get odd looks when it's getting taken off and sand and seaweed fall out

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. dazza

dazza Banned VIP Bronze

hmm ive never had a broken bone or anything, worst for me is multiple occasions ive had a nose bleed (i get them a lot) and not realised untill im inexplicably at the time feeling light headed or just happen to look down or someone has said holy shit dude your nose is bleeding guess im kinda used to them just shove some toilet paper up my nose and continue what i was doing :shrug:

11. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

Broke my finger at work, never went to get it checked out and it stills hurts sometimes over a year later.

Hairline fracture my hand at work, let it go for weeks before getting it checked out. Doctor said nothing they could do for it anyways.

Also broke my arm+wrist skateboarding, but instantly knew it was broken because my arm was shaped like an S. Went right to the ER lol

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

i injured
    ur mum

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

In primary school I tripped over something during hide & catch. I just continued running until someone pointed towards my feet and asked me if I was bleeding. My whole fucking foot was covered in blood and I didn't notice it lol. Good times.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Espurr

Espurr #AlwaysStabEspurr Administrator VIP

Broke 2 of my toes last month, No real need to check it out but I thought it just hurt after I stubbed them but theh both were heavily swollen, one of them went bruised for a week, and both toenails fell off. 2/10 Would do it again.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

I died but I kept living

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

same sometimes you just take a nap in a house party bathroom and then youre getting woken up by the homies saying you stopped breathing

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Got someone to hit me whit his knee on my chest, didn't cared for 2 months, then all of a sudden I try picking up my dog and my rib literally pokes out of my chest,
    turns out i had "dislocated" my rib ...

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

I mean it wasn't too serious but;
    I was playing VR, playing blades n sorcery, and I punched a dude.
    I was standing too close to my wall and punched a stud(?) or just something hard in the wall. Wall was wood paneling so it didn't break.

It hurt a bit, nothing too bad, swelled a bit, I just brushed it off, kept playing, then went to sleep. Basically, fractured my middle finger and ring, but never went to the doctor, so it kinda healed where it was. Woke up, it was sore and quite swollen, and it stayed swollen for about a month, then it went down, BUT if I hit anything on accident, like bumped it into something, it hurt realllly fucking bad. One of the times I hit it against a car door and it swelled up like a fucking golf ball, the picture I got was weird lmao.
    Fractured my middle finger and ring, but never went to the doctor, so it kinda healed where it was

Few months later, doesn't hurt at all, doesn't hurt if I hit it against anything, but my knuckle has a permanent bump, and I don't wanna go get it rebroken and put into it's rightful place because.. no thanks.

19. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

just punch the wall again

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

that was my legit idea at one point just to rebreak it then realized i'd probably just make it worse

• Funny Funny x 1