Detective voice chat.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Mr. Disco, Jun 17, 2014.

1. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

A D should make it public once figured out, but communicate effectively with his D buddy to make sure people of great importance knows whats going on (Ds).

Ds

2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

The reason detective text chat is never used is because standing still in TTT is already a death sentence. Want to get killed? Stand still and type. That's why so many people use mics. Detectives are already targeted by traitors moreso than innocents, so standing still for them is even worse.

I'd argue that for this reason, detective voice chat would be used a lot more than its text chat function, thus making it not useless.

To add, something not being used does not make it useless. A lot of features in TTT are ignored either intentionally or unintentionally.

When I have DNA on someone, I usually do not tell anyone because I do not want the traitor I'm after to avoid being tracked down. If I am able to use detective voice chat to tell my detectives that I have DNA on someone, they can perhaps assist me by providing backup, or I can tell them "Hey I'm gonna get DNA off of this body, why don't you also get DNA and run the other way so we can maximize our search efficiency?"

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. +10 from Detective Buttermuffin.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Anaso

Anaso VIP

@Doomblade3890 you're basically saying that you should'nt give detectives voice chat coz its a disadvantage to t's
    Well , here are some stuff that are advantageous to t's
    -They hava a massive store with c4 and shit
    -They have voice chat and text chat
    -They know who the D's are
    So they just need to be good at the game
    Some stuff that are advantageous to D's
    -Small ass shop
    So why are you so adamant against it? You can already see the disadvantages and advantages
    "Accept it,dont fight it"

5. +1

6. Change-up

Change-up "Change is coming" VIP

+1
    Unique idea!

7. Ditto

Ditto Some people fear death, others ask for it. VIP

+1 Obviously, as stated before. I never tell who I have DNA on because every time I am a traitor and a Detective or Innocent who has a DNA scanner starts to say that they might want to KOS me. I just run away into a T room and lay down a Decoy.
    Having this feature will allow me to safely kill T's while informing other Detectives about a KOS or DNA. When I am a traitor also, I ask for back up when sniping or killing. Might as well do the same when you are a Detective.

8. I have always wondered why we dont get a det vc. should be added

9. Butters

Butters VIP

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

People really like this suggestion? Thanks guys!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Rasta

Rasta kektop VIP

add it and make us happy

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mr. Disco

No pressure though. :D

• Like Like x 2
  13. Mr. Disco

Bump this old dump.

14. BlueCore

BlueCore Onward and Upward Banned VIP

Nice bump Quit :p

I like the idea, it would prove very useful for players that use microphones! I honestly thought that when first joining the server this was already a thing, alas I was mistaken. Detectives have text chat, so why not voice? I don't believe this creates an unfair advantage, but instead a more competitive playing ground. Both the Ts and the Ds would be able to efficiently communicate to their team.. without the need of standing completely still.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  15. Happy

Happy Laughter is the best medicine. VIP

I also think it'd be great. Typing is annoying and makes you vulnerable to Ts. Voice chat is always useful and allows for better communication between the detectives.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Inb4 I read and this isn't a thing. But I think people are arguing about how useless it is because of how much the D team chat is used.

Anywho, I believe the reason for that is because the Ds aren't supposed to give warnings to their fellow Ds when doing something as compared to Ts with traps and such so they aren't slain for RDM. What other reason to use D chat other than to maybe be selfless and get the Ds to band against a known traitor? That's sort of what's going on here. I mean, teams should have their own team chats, shouldn't they? Why break up communication btw. teammates? Maybe because the mic D color is blue, and you dunno what color to make it when they're using a team chat like how Traitor's have their names become red when they use team chat?

There's no unintended consequences that I can see other than a bug or two. +1 from me still.

17. Cereal KiIler

Cereal KiIler gib banan VIP

Bump +1

• Like Like x 1
  18. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

+1

• Like Like x 1
  19. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

+1

• Like Like x 1