Detective voice chat.

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Mr. Disco, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Predated

Predated VIP

Predated approves

+1

2. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

Detectives an Innos are supposed to work together and that means communicating with one another (imo).
    Giving Detectives their own chat would also give a disadvantage to the traitors who would be unable to tell if the D's are onto them.

• Dumb Dumb x 9
  3. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

This statement literally made me facepalm.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

Why, because D-Chat is SUPPOSED to make it harder for the T's?
    I already know that, but that's just the reason I'm against it. Innocents win almost as much as the traitors do, which just goes to show that the format is fine the way it is. Making it harder for traitors with these suggestions of an Innocent Store and now Detective Chat are just going to make Innocents OP.

• Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. Snak

Snak Banned

And the award for captain obvious goes too...

• Like Like x 3
  6. I was talking to blackassasin23 in game today and we both agree this is a good idea. Like others have said it allows the Detectives to work together. And teamwork is what wins games, that and skill.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  7. PwnerOfThePeanut

PwnerOfThePeanut Serious Member

+1

• Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chubblebutt

Chubblebutt I'm Back.

+1

• Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

+1

• Old Old x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Penny

Penny VIP

They already have a detective only chat, this would just expand it into voice chat.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

+1 we have detective text chat, why not detective voice chat? It could work the same way as traitor-only voice where you hold SHIFT to talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

+1

Phenomenal idea!

13. Anaso

Anaso VIP

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. CorallocinB

You know...

1. They wouldn't be able to tell if they were onto them if the D voice chat was used.
    2. If there was no D voice chat, they have the team chat, so still they'd be unable to. Sucks that what we already have makes them unable to know whats going on.
    3. Detectives and Innos are supposed to work together, but who gets the work done the majority of the time? Ds. They are their own group as well, like the Ts are. The Ds are their own defined group, thus should be given a team voice chat like the Ts. Why don't innos get one? That's the most stupid question one can ask to counter this.
    4. Working together? Why not give them a voice chat. That'd make working together that much easier. You can work with innocents using world chat or !p
    5. And letting Ts have a voice chat makes it fair compared to Ds not having one? What are you even saying?

- This post ain't dumb. I was just misread horribly.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

That was one of my points Mr. Poor-reading-skills.

True, but in my experience as a D, I've hardly seen any D's use that chat. Why should we expand on a feature that is hardly used on in the first place?

OK, first off I'm pretty sure the Innos get just as much work done as the D's do. There are plenty of times when Innos witness a traitorous act, get DNA off a dead body (because some poor D died), return fire from an attacking T, etc. Unless you have solid proof that D's are responsible for more traitor deaths than innos, then this is a fact that you just pulled out of your ass. Secondly, WTF are you talking about Innos getting a team chat? I never said anything about them getting one. Either you're putting words in my mouth like an asshole or you're trying to counter arguments that weren't even presented. Either way those are horrible practices.

You can also work with other detectives using world chat. Going back to my previous statement, why should we expand on a feature (detective team chat) that has hardly (if ever) been used?

It's fair because traitors are outnumbered by innos/detectives. That's the major disadvantage they have, and that's why THEY have the team chat, because they need to work together to get the job done. Traitors can't just go around saying their plans and conspiring over world chat, or they'd be called out instantly. Detectives are safe to use the world chat to share information with the innocents and other detectives. That's why there is no detective chat.

Also, while this topic has been revived, it went dead before, so I doubt the Detective Voice Chat will be implemented.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Penny

Penny VIP

I still don't' understand why you're so adamant against it doomblade. Detective text chat isn't used much because it's inconvenient and detectives are walking around with targets on them for the traitors. Voice chat would make it easier to work together.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

@ENVY ADAMS It's because I'm against implementing features that are not needed.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. CorallocinB

1. Pointing it out that they wouldn't know, regardless. Just was putting that out there and nothing more. 2. Its there, if we expanded it to voice chat, it'd be an extension. 3. Excluding blatant RDMers, Innos are more available, thus can get the work done at a wider range, but in the sense of actually verifying who could be a T or not using DNA, defusers, holograms and such, they make the most progress. I never said Innos should get a voice chat. "The Ds are their own defined group, thus should be given a team voice chat like the Ts." I said, "Why don't innos get one? That's the most stupid question one can ask to counter this." MEANING, if we were to give Ds a voice chat, then some idiot would be like "Let's give everyone voice chat then!" Which my response is in bold. No need to be so harsh. 4. Voice chat is much easier to use than typing in team chat. It can make the Ds work more effectively. Why do I say this? How many times are people killed because they are typing? Let's just leave that there. 5. Ts are outnumbered, obviously. They are a disadvantage, obviously. Is that why they have T chat? I dont think so. Its there to make them move more fluently and to kill more effectively and to warn about dangers. Obviously they cant say what they are doing in global chat, they also have a team chat. Detectives are safe to say what they need to to all the innocents, but to try to piece together information collected by the detectives using team chat, or a more effective method imo voice chat.

Voice chat in the end is an extension of team chat. Nothing more. It will not increase the innos chances of winning 50 fold, or to any great magnitude. Its just to make communication towards your teammates easier.

No need to be so rude and harsh because you took what I said as that. Never meant it. I never put words in your mouth, you are heavily implying certain things and Im pointing them out.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  19. Penny

Penny VIP

A "feature" by the very definition of the word is unnecessary. Extra models are unnecessary, extra guns are unnecessary, nearly every feature that makes this server unique is "unnecessary".

20. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

@ENVY ADAMS I probably could have phrased that better, but I was referring to features unnecessary to affecting gameplay, not cosmetic ones.
    Moreover, I'm only referring to gameplay features that weren't in the server before. Things like the harpoon and the custom weapons that were in the server to begin with I'm fine with, however if something new is suggested I don't' think it should be implemented unless it has a big enough impact on the gameplay AND does not disturb the balance.

@Robokiller87 OK, maybe I misunderstood your argument about the innos getting their own voice chat, but it could have been phrased a lot better. As for traitors not knowing whether or not detectives are onto them regardless of D-chat, if a detective says "I have DNA on someone", "One of the traitors is at <insert location here>", etc., then traitors matching that description would realize that the detectives are onto their trail. Therefore it would matter if it was said on D-chat or public chat.

I'm not sure if by "they" (the one marked in red) you're referring to innocents or the detectives you were arguing for earlier. If you are referring to innocents, then by excluding the RDM'ers, the remaining innos (which are a good amount) WOULD have justifiable reason to kill the traitors, whether it's with DNA scanners or witnessing a traitor act or something else, which I have seen plenty of during my TTT experience. I'm not trying to be rude or disrespectful, I'm just calling it as I see it.

As for other people in this thread, I've seen arguments made that teamwork is necessary to win. If you have a detective chat that excludes the majority of your teammates (the regular innocents) from the examination of evidence, how is that better teamwork?

• Dumb Dumb x 2