Detective-Taser Rule

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Pokeben10, Feb 7, 2020.

?

Should you be allowed to kill a detective when they taser you?

1. Yes

63.2%
  2. No

36.8%
  1. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

Say this, the detective tases me off of a ledge, then when the tase ends i'm back up at the ledge, He couldn't have shot me while i was tased so i shoot him because i believe he's trying to kill me.
    He tased me and i killed him because i thought he was trying to kill me by tasing me, i don't think that should be RDM.

2. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Honestly @Pokeben10 , is any part of your reasoning or rule knowledge something that wasn't already discussed or explained in this thread?(which you were in btw... do you not remember?).
    Thread: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/fix-taser-rule.53203
    - Fair that this thread is pretty disorganized now that some people responding aren't staff anymore and some others who weren't staff now are, but my definition of what is self-defense against detectives in that thread, and that was agreed by scuffed at the time, is what it's been for years now, I'm pretty sure it has not changed. At least re read it...

Also, how come your opinion at the moment is so different than your opinion on Python's suggestion in this thread? which is after the first thread I linked, btw...
    Thread: https://www.seriousgmod.com/posts/559712
    - Funnily enough Python's suggestion is seemingly what the rule already is(if they tried to damage your ragdoll at all really, not only walking on it).

------------------------------------------------------

I don't see how that's relevant as that is already not rdm?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the same as if a detective shoots you and then ducks around a corner to reload you can still shoot them while they are reloading or even before they shoot you again if they pop back around the corner immediately aiming at you after they reloaded... the intent to kill is still there, they just didn't have the opportunity to act.
    If you get tasered and fall off a ledge before the detective can react and then you pop back up in front of them and they are aiming at you still ready to kill you... that sounds like the kind of situation where you'd still be allowed to shoot him if you did it immediately.

Though if you popped back up and they weren't there, or were looking in another direction, or checking a body or whatever else gives the indication that he forgot about you, you probably wouldn't be able to shoot him, as he isn't actively trying to kill you anymore.

3. iii

I still prefer my suggestion from that first thread of just removing the damage the taser does, that way you just can't shoot the detective at all if they tase you without them also trying damage you(and succeeding at least once? detectives are allowed to t bait if they haven't kosed you, hmmm) and the detectives can have fun tasing random people without it even being rdm. :sleep:

4. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

idk man just forget it im just getting shit on by everyone so it doesnt really matter at this point

5. iii

I mean, as far as suggestions go, the first thread wasn't officially rejected, it even had more votes for "Yes" than the other options combined, this one the Yes is winning too; and while I feel like some of those in both threads were from people not knowing exactly how the rule work or thinking it is inconsistent, I mean who knows.

It'd be nice if there was less uncertainty about the rule and less uncertainty on if people want it changed or not and why, though.

I voted no because I think the rule is just the logical conclusion of the self-defense against detectives logic, and that changing it so you're allowed to shoot the detective as soon as you get up when they could have shot your ragdoll and killed you the entire time goes against said "actively trying to kill you" logic. To me that would make it more inconsistent.

6. Pokeben10

Pokeben10 tell me pretty lies Moderator VIP Silver

To be honest, I understand the reasoning behind the rule, and I think it’s fair. I can be a bit adamant at times :censored:.