Detective Playercam

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Jennacide, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Jennacide

Jennacide VIP

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Is it single use/ insta kill or guaranteed kill? that link doesn't say anything and everything else is in German

3. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

So based on what I'm getting at with this...
    It's a detective weapon that you can shoot onto a suspect and monitor their actions? Doesn't deal damage?

4. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Let me translate:

If this addon is installed you'll be able to buy the Dete Playercam in the Detective-shop.
    If the Detective shoots a player with the gun it opens a small window in the upper right corner of your screen.
    If you open the scoreboard you can move the cam around or close it.
    If you close the cam-window, you'll get the ammo for the gun back and you'll be able to use it again.

Known bugs:
    - none

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Salem

Salem VIP

Based off of what I've been able to understand in the workshop I'm going to have to say -1

I see no real need for detectives to be able to do this nor do I see how it would really be beneficial enough to require it's addition.

6. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

Personally, I like the idea, but I'm not sure how seamless this could be integrated into our servers.
    We have a very specific rule-set. Imagine a Detective witnesses a GBA situation through the cam. How do mods know what he actually saw or if it was RDM?
    You would also have to integrate this addon into our logs or even record what the detective sees through the cam so staff can go back and watch the footage.

It would make the staff's job a lot more difficult and open some potential loopholes.

I can't think of a good way to implement it to our servers without causing more harm than good.
    Even though I really like the idea... -1

• Like Like x 1
  7. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

yes

+1

8. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

+1

9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

This would be a great tool if there was a way for staff to view the same perspective that the detectives could to avoid confusing RDM reports and loopholes. I don't see that happening.

10. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

-1 If I understand the item it seems overpowered as it would mean that if used on a t(which is not known to be one) the T would not be able to do anything without being revealed by the cam. Also means that if a t that isn't aware goes into a t room it could mean everyone is spotted or any items like c4 would been seen and easily avoided. Plus it would mean that a D could easily chase a T since the cam would reveal their position.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. -1. This just really isn't compatible with our ruleset. I doubt that it would allow admins/mods to see the camera perspective, which would make figuring out RDM absurdly difficult.