Answered Detective and lifetheroof

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by Python~, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

If a Detective is pressing robo-buttons or hitting this, can you kill them? I understand Traitorous acts don't apply to Detectives, but you can still kill Detectives for other acts, such as pushing you near a ledge, arming a C4, or bringing a deadly prop your way.

Also, is this considered metagaming? Because, effectively, that's what it is, especially as Detective. It only helps Traitors win.

2. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

The stance we’ve had on that it isn’t traitorous to hit and expose it since it doesn’t directly activate the robot.

If the detective somehow slips into the t room and activates the robot with a button press, i’d lean towards the side of allowing innocents to kill for that due to threat the robot presents. That ones more debatable.

I’d only consider it metagaming if the detective activates the robot from the t room with intent to lose the game.

3. Python~

This also appies to the keycard on nuclear

4. Python~

Is that metagaming tho? I thought it was when you work with the opposing team, regardless of intention

5. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

From my experience, meta gaming is handled case by case, with the broad definition of

to help the deciding admin make a judgement call on it.

6. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

I don't see how it would be allowed to kill the D when he activates it in the T room iver, what purpose would that serve, its not defensive as it wont make any difference, you just end up with a dead D too
    The D will prob get banned for mass rdm if robot kills enough though since he activated it
    you only kill D in direct self defense, with exception of C4 because the disarm code is available from his corpse

7. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I honestly didn't realize this was still open. Whoops. Yeah this could be considered metagaming but I wouldn't really say you can kill in self defense for this. The problem is that killing the detective doesn't prevent your death if they've already pressed the button you know?

8. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

How does the other secrets apply to this? So the d cant get the m16 w/ a dick on it, Since you need to break the bush to get the ledge....The bush DOESNT activate just 1 thing....

*side note a t would have to let a d or anyone in the room to push the button, once bush/face is broken. Then it'd be 100% metagaming. Plus every kill the robot gets goes to the person who pushed the button inside the t room.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  9. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

ive never had to do anything with the bush to get the m16 with the dick on it

10. Pacifist

They don't. This is specifically asking about the robot trap. The other secrets are neutral to the round, they don't help traitors or innocents. They just aid whoever is holding onto them. Picking up the dick is a traitorous act, and if a detective approached you with it you could kill them in self defense. The box gun is a passive effect and so it doesn't apply. Also the dick m16 is just a joke.

You are right about the side note. Also, the bush does only activate one thing?

11. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

Yeah but you need to break that bush to get the ledge for special dick m16. Not the dick prop. The special aesthetic box and m16 with a dick on it.... Pretty sure it does not activate 1 thing.
    Pre sure you have to push the button for the box, break the bush then get the ledge for m16 dick. Ill do it again once we're on that map.

12. Pacifist

https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/ttt_lifetheroof-secrets.44905/#post-448927
    they all are activated separately.