Approved Desert's Appeal

Discussion in 'TTT Ban Appeals' started by Desert, Jan 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Desert

Desert Nein! Nein! Nein! VIP

Your In Game Nickname:
    Desert
    Your Steam ID:
    STEAM_0:1:51901054
    Which Server:
    East
    Why you should be unbanned:
    I have served about 3 of the 5 days of the ban, I wish to have it shortened or undone. I feel I have learned my lesson, more on that below.​
    Evidence of Innocence:
    Well I'm not innocent, I was under the assumption that the prop dueling we were doing was fine since staff originally were allowing it (not an excuse I know), and those involved were *seemingly* having fun. At the point I was banned it was pretty late at night (around 1 a.m. or something) we had already been messing around with <10 people on the server for about 2 hours. But since I was banned I guess it made someone unhappy and that's not my goal when I join the server, so I apologize for that and to anyone that may have been irked by it. I learned my lesson and wish to play on East again.​

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Lightning is aware of this appeal. Please give him time to respond.

3. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Hey @Desert ,

I was the one who banned you on the 26th for Mass RDM 1st offense.

Give me a while to gather my evidence, author a message, then post my response.

4. [MZK]Lightning

[MZK]Lightning I've Been ... Thunderstruck!!! VIP Silver

Okay, lets get down to this:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As you can see above, I initiated 4 unreported damage reports against you after you'd racked up 4 propkills in a 3-round span on the map Community Pool Overhaul.

You were not banned because it made someone unhappy. According to rule 10.2 of this post in the Extended Rules thread, I as a moderator must report a Mass RDM if I see it happen or catch wind of it from the logs.

In addition, according to Rules 9.1 and 9.4 of the same post, I can only allow forgiveness for accidental RDM, and cannot allow forgiveness at all if a Mass RDM occurs.

The only way I could've changed the outcome of this event would've been if I was able to obtain discretion from an admin to issue autoslays instead of the ban and, because of the time of the ban (2:48AM EST), I was not able to obtain such discretion because all Admins were idle on the discord at the time. This forced my hand into banning you.

However, I will make a point that I will need you to learn from here, and that is that even though you want to propkill, such actions will eventually catch up to you as they did here.

Just put down the props and play the game as it is meant to be played.

As for this appeal, I will be accepting it seeing that your record is almost spotless. However, I will only be reducing the ban down to an even 3 days from the time of the ban, and the ban will not be voided.

You will be unbanned from the East server at 2:48AM EST on 1/29/21. (give or take a minute)

Appeal: Accepted
    Ban: Reduced to 3 days even
    Thread: Locked

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.