Rejected Defibrillator

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Hashira, Jul 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Theres a few servers im in that have a defib item, that allows Ts to revive other Ts or other players, even innocents. Revived players will be revived as T, no matter their previous role.
    I believe this can add an interesting dynamic to the rounds, and give more players chances to play as a Traitor.
    It is a Twep.

I believe this is the correct link.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=422006754

• Disagree x 3
    • Dumb x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

So, I dont like the idea of it changing anyone who was res'd to T. The original defib just brought the player back to life, and their role stuck on the leaderboard so they were easily identified as T and people knew to shoot them the second they saw them.

+1 on the defib, -1 on it bringing everyone back as a T.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. I give +1 if it's also a detective item. Works the same way as it does for Ts, but they revive as a Det.

4. Or this idea. This works, too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  5. Qaaap

Qaaap 404 User not found. VIP

Has been requested before with exact the same behaviour, wouldn't be added due to it being slightly OP and really confusing for gameplay and reports.

The only version that would be considered balanced is if it gave the same role as before but defib has to occur within 10 seconds (to lessen ghosting)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. Elvis

I dont think itll get confusing for reports at all. itll be logged in f8 when they are defibbed sooooo

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Qaaap

Would only be added to RDM manager if someone manually added it (not sure if it's a thing already)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Hashira

Hashira VIP

Ive seen it implemented on other servers and they seem to have no issue with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Qaaap

10. Elvis

It should be labeled as "Can cause RDM, and a manner of problems."

Knowing who killed you and telling the players is the whole purpose of the defib. I dont think its considered ghosting. It sonly ghosting if you tell who the other t's are from what youve seen when you were dead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

IMO, if this would implemented as how you suggest, it would be another blatantly OP T item that lets traitors go ham even easier..
    also im pretty sure we would reach levels of sucking rice and chicken's dick that shouldn't even be possible

But yeah, it could probably be more balanced if it was a D item that ignored "give any revived player this set role" and just gave them the role they already had. Obviously it should have drawbacks like spawning with X amount of health and a new life rule would have to be implemented where you "forget" everything that has happened beforehand

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I believe one of the reasons this has never been considered is due to it causing issues with death scenes. Probably in one or more of the links provided by @Qaaap .

13. Many, Many other servers have defibs that work in both ways described in this thread and they have no problems whatsoever with RDM, reports, or Death scenes.

14. Jabba the Slut

It's possible they use different systems than we do here, I can't say for certain. Not all servers are uniform. The decision to not include the defib was made before my time, maybe things have changed. I'm just contributing what I've heard in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Santa Claus

Santa Claus Best Member VIP Bronze

+1 i might actually play TTT again

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Death

Death May we meet again. VIP Bronze

Eh, a t buddy could be like I'm dead in this certain area come defib me. I mean that's ghosting enough..

17. Elvis

Then theyd be banned for ghosting

What people are talking about (in past posts) is that you coming back into the round and then telling people who killed you is ghosting. I dont think this is because its literally the point of the defib.

Times change. People change. The past needs to stop being brought up because “this and this can happen”.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  18. That's the point of the defib. Saying who EVERY traitor left alive is Ghosting. There'd have to be a rule added that you can only KOS the traitor that killed you. No one else.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Jabba the Slut

Ghosting is solved when it's a T only item that only ressurects players as Ts. If they decide to sell out the traitors they get hit with metagaming punishment.

20. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

This has been suggested before and shot down every single time due to a number of problems. Please use the search bar next time.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.