Death Station Healing - Changes

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Opalium, Dec 20, 2017.

?

Which option is better?

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

3. Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

lol all these mad modded babbies cant play without their personal HS

this is undeniable proof that vanilla players are better at the game

• Agree x 10
    • Funny x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Informative x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Like x 1
  2. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

both nilla and modded players r bad
    :cigar:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Except highwon cause he spawns a lion in for himself whenever he does play.
    :coffee:

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

5. andrewca79

andrewca79 Malteser Forever VIP Silver

I prefer option 1

6. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

I still think the best way is having a standard non-recharging 50 or 100 hp heal.

If it's just between the two choices, I don't mind either one as long as the explosive capability of the death station is kept.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ruki

Ruki 目の前で明日が死んでる VIP

I still agree with this also. It won't be nerfing it too heavily that people will stop using it. Taking out the recharge makes it balanced imo.

8. "This means that no matter if you have 20HP left or 80HP left, you can only use it once to top it back to 100HP, and it's up to you to decide when."

this is undeniable proof that vanilla players are better at the game[/QUOTE]
    You do this ALL OF THE TIME.

Literally the truth. A high portion of the weapons on modded suck absolute ass, are unbalanced compared to anything that isn't an AK, Honey Badger, HK416 or Winchester. Vanilla still suffers from the see-saw that is a 2 player shotgun dick battle.

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  9. Janppa

Janppa VIP Bronze

Yes obviously i use death station heal when its possible but that doesnt mean it shouldnt be nerfed

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

roll in option one with christmas update. (y)

11. I think Option 1 should be available, however it's 100HP across the board, not per player. The same way a Health Station has a charge, as should the Death Station.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Been a while since we touched on this, but Option #1 is now available on the PTS. Feedback is important here, so let us know your thoughts once you tested it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IMO, I don't think it really needs a change. The "numbers" part of the traitor team is pretty variable, and the perspective on this can change very rapidly, e.g Take #1, all the traitors teamplay and crush the innos, making you think, "Yeah, they don't need healing", Take #2, 9/10 traitors die in retarded ways within 60 seconds of round start (it happens lmao) and it's down to No. 10 to pull off an amazing clutch, which without a DS to even the odds would more than likely be a sure death sentence.

Plus, there is enough skill involved here to enable an inno who is a good shot, or handy with a nade to nullify any of the crutch-powers of a DS pretty quick. Or you can pull a @Panda With a Gun and just run up and use it while I'm trying to. That works too.

I guess my bottom line is that some things get done right the first time; even though it is powerful, the DS the way it is adds a great mechanic that keeps things interesting, and I don't feel it causes disturbance to the gameplay enough to warrant changing anything. The game is fun this way and has been for years, let's not mess with perfection. Much better things to be done like fixing jackhammer...again.

Votes are pretty evenly split, good chunk of "Something Else". I would say that means "leave it the way it is".

• Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  14. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

This.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

Disagree. I think the mechanic could work but right now it's too much of a ''get out of jail free''-card that lets you play 10 times more aggressively then you normally would because you can heal up any small amounts of damage you take. It's incredibly frustrating to try fighting a Traitor that you know isn't going to mind taking a few hits because they can just find their death station (probably conveniently placed in a T room) and heal up, while you as an innocent have to just deal with the damage you took on top of your already pre-existing disadvantages.

By now I mean the pre-PTR death station

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. .shirt

.shirt VIP

That’s faxxxs

17. Falcor

Falcor ㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤㅤ VIP Silver

How often in current game play are we seeing the T's use DS Heal to completely obliterate everyone. (ime its more often or due to 3+ extra people buying t)
    How often are we even seeing the last T hide there DS to keep getting into fights to return and heal. -this is much more common and seen on the servers. if i was guessing numbers id say once every 2-3 map rotations where its done w/ a successful T win(when theres only <2 traitors
    How many times with the current activity of the servers are you sitting in dead chat watching the last T try to clutch it. Hoping he has ds heal still and radar.
    And main thing, whats the issue? Traitor being called overpowered again? Or is the real issue our lack of D weapons/tools and Jack Hammer nerf among other nerfs to primary weapons.
    I'm just not understanding the need and importance of changing deathstation heal at this moment comparatively to weapons and D items.

One time use seems kinda horrible to me and havign it have a set health charge just seems a little less shitty than the first option. At least with the second option, if I get damaged by a explosive/props or even rdmd in some way near the start (which happens a lot with life the roof being probably the most popular map atm besides nuclear) Or lack of staff and the props start flying) I can heal again after being pre much forced to use my ds heal at the start. But still seems kinda meh. So it brings me to question whats the problem with the current setup of high price upgrade for straight forward boom health. I don't really feel like making up a bunch of what if scenarios and gameplays for a bunch of what if scenarios and gameplay styles. So this is just my quick opinion lol.

I just see the D items needing fixing and possibly some new tools for them, as well as primary weapon changes.
    Just give the people there beloved ak back. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Use some fucking ingenuity. There's more Ts than detectives and they have better weaponry than innocents.

• Old Old x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Did you even read my post lol? I literally addressed what you just said.

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy......and?

This. Let's get rid of the retarded "NERF ALL THE THINGS!" attitude and instead build the game. Like I said, the game has been fun for years, and still is. There is no good reason to change anything. Somewhere last year, someone discovered that shit could be changed and now we've got this Pandora's box on our hands.

Another pro of having DS as it is is that it incentivises the innos to play smarter, instead of whinging "OP!" when they spent the whole round flinging props and are now 1v1 with a 100 HP traitor. I'm of the school of thought of, get good at the fucking game, stop bitching about it. I've played with and against the DS like this for years, and never had a problem. Get over it ffs.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  20. Don't waste your time quoting my posts if you don't have anything necessary to add.

• Dumb Dumb x 1