Death Station Healing - Changes

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by Opalium, Dec 20, 2017.

?

Which option is better?

1. Option 1

2. Option 2

3. Something else

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Hello SGMers!

This is likely going to be a very... controversial thread. However, I am still bringing this into the public because it's a pretty big change and we need more opinions. I know many of you won't like this, but this is necessary.

So, death station healing. It's a pretty damn powerful mechanic - perhaps TOO powerful. The ability to get almost unlimited healing for a Traitor is extremely powerful and works against the very basic disadvantage of the Traitors to begin with: their numbers.
    The concept of the Traitors is that they are outnumbered and constantly hunted for. They must use all kinds of tricks and tactics to make sure they stay on their feet and not go down. This is the concept the entire gamemode is built upon and is embed in its DNA.

However, death station healing changes that. It allows Traitors who somehow made it from some very ugly situations to patch up and try again. The danger of death is no longer much of a threat if you have a virtually unlimited healing source nearby. And indeed, this often makes it very difficult to fight the red team, as their only disadvantage - their numbers - is no longer a problem: they can just patch up and avoid dying.
    Healing is an important concept in TTT, and the reason it was left in the hands of the Detectives only is to counter the already incredible power of the Traitors. The Ts have a wide arsenal of powerful weapons and tricks, have access to secret map features and locations, and overall have the upper hand in many things. They don't need their last weakness also countered.

With all this in mind, we figured the death stations are simply too powerful right now. We've been discussing ways to fix this, and came up with two different solutions. I'm sharing those here to see what you all think.

Option 1: Single-Use Refill
    Death stations will have a single charge of 100HP that is collected in a single chunk. This means that no matter if you have 20HP left or 80HP left, you can only use it once to top it back to 100HP, and it's up to you to decide when. To avoid abuse and clutch-healing, collecting the HP will require you to stand still near the station for 2 seconds after you use it to receive the healing. This is obviously a harder nerf and requires much more careful use of the death station - but then again, that's not necessarily a bad thing. Proper and calculated gameplay is always encouraged.

Option 2: Health Decline
    Death stations will now have a cap of 150 HP stored in them. They can be used as they are now, where you hold E near it and collect the HP. However, the stored health in them will slowly decline over time - the death station will lose 1.5 HP points every second, draining it from all points in 100 seconds (or less if used). This makes the death station ineffective in the long term, and only usable for a much shorter time. It'll help greatly with issues like camping in a T room with them or generally just using it over and over whenever you're damaged.

Note: the numbers offered in both options are just a suggestion and are open to changes.

So... what do you think? Which option is better? How would you go about it?

• Like x 16
    • Dislike x 8
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Confusing x 2
  2. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  3. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Tfw habibi accidentally accomplishes good shitposting.

I like option 1 btw.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

Thank you for taking time out of your day to work on these changes and help out the server

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

Please do not change it.

• Agree x 24
    • Disagree x 14
    • Dumb x 6
    • Confusing x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  6. Definitely 2.

7. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Option 2

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. FoxPac ◢◤

FoxPac ◢◤ The Alpha VIP

Option 2 sounds better to me.

This would make it so other T buddies that have Death Station heal could use it as well to get a bit more HP. This also encourages teamwork in the sense that if you drop a DS, you can say "Hey T's that have Death Station heal, I am about to place one in (location), come quickly."

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Sly

Sly Onward and Upward to Greater Glory VIP Silver

Leave it the way it is. But if a change is in order then 1.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

1 sounds more balanced...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

Personally, I would prefer the second option, as it prevents traitors from abusing teleport to a death station after a gunfight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. GRYPHN

GRYPHN ♫ Thanks for the Memories ♫ VIP

Option 2.

13. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

Option 2 sounds better.

Again, some of the alternatives that had been suggested are:
    1. Reduce the price to buy deathstation heal.
    2. Reduce the cap of deathstation heal.
    3. Reduce the rate of healing.
    However, option 2 sounds a bit more interesting concept to me than what had been suggested in the other thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Well option 1 has a single charge.... Meaning it is a one-time getaway from death only. The 2nd one presents many options for evading death in a shorter period. Also having DS for the whole round is fair as you do not know when you need that sweet one-time hp refill.Also, the concept of 'one charge only, regardless of hp' means that Traitors have to be more aware and reserve it for emergency only... Awareness is one of the basic skills in TTT, so that way it becomes even more valuable as a core mechanic.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

reduce the rate of healing to 10hp/+use reduce the cap hp to 200, (2 uses basically)

otherwise nerf the current health station. As a deteictive i can pretty much win easily. You don't have to look at it to use it at all. You just gotta be near it and press E from what I can tell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

I think that the death station should be a one time use, and not something you can save for later.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Xerp

Xerp VIP

I think Option 1 is better. It will be more practical. Just carry it in your inventory and drop it when needed. Essentially a med kit :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. MythMe

MythMe VIP

Shitty stuff. Keep it the same

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Graze

Graze Zzz... VIP Silver

Traitors can use health stations too. Why should traitors get the ability to just free buy a ton of hp and a bomb for 1 credit when that just goes against the whole point of the game to begin with?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

I prefer 1. Like Wink said much simpler to use, straightforward, you know what you are going to get. Number 2 doesnt change enough, just little cooperation between T mates and all of them can still heal stupid amount.

• Agree Agree x 2