Accepted Death scene+

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Siddo, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

I don't know about the technical limitations that may apply, but I had a thought just now..

Is it possible to make death scenes carry over on map change, the previous maps' death scenes can be cleared after that, but just to allow them to be used for last maps' final reports.
    But I've been told that the mods can't access death scenes once the map has changed, which I figure may lead to some issues in investigating reports where things like logic/common sense are claimed in the final round.

So uhh... Yeah, would it be possible to have death scenes carry over to the next map to allow investigation?

The reason I'm phrasing this more as a question than a real suggestion is that I don't know if it's technically possible, as for all I know, death scene uses the map currently played as the "scene" for the player models.

Can it be done?

If it can, would it be something that mods/admins feel like is needed, or would it be more hassle to implement than it's worth in terms of moderating the servers?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. JtheBeast

JtheBeast VIP

I don't know either but ima tag @Chai to help you out.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

Since we have limited control over the engine, I don't think it's possible to load deathscene on another map other than the current one.

The technology isn't there yet, I think**.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Alright. Shame, but if that's how it is, that's how it is :3

5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The way @Opalium told me deathscene works is by recording all actions into a lua table, that would be lost at map change, it would have to dump all the data to the sqlite, sql, or a file, its doable, but not sure how easy it might be.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Chai

Chai returned; VIP

The problem is not with the data, but as how to present the data on map B while you are actually on map A.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Ahh yes very valid.

• Like Like x 2
  8. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

what i have seen on a different server is this; you can watch the deathscene of earlier rounds aslong as you are on the same map. so if you were on 67th way and look at some logs for 67th from a month ago you could view the deathscene

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

This was what I figured was the case, without having known for sure.

10. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I am currently working in a possible solution to this behind the scenes. It's still in early development, but if it all goes as planned, it will help us resolve the issue with death scene availability.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

+1

• Old Old x 1
  12. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Opalium created a way to do this already, albeit not live on the server.
    I'll lock this thread as the suggestion is not relevant anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.