Death Scene

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by My Dime Is Up, Jun 12, 2015.

?

Should we add a death-scene optio?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

Hi,

So recently, there have been bugs with TTT and the props. The most recent one, I was with @ant. on magma and I threw an explosive barrel. Then someone else picked it up and threw it to hard and killed himself, but TTT registered it as me killing him.

@Highwon should make some type of death scene thing like the new damagelogs has to prevent this from happening. It should be sorta like the deathscen on the new 2.3.0 logs. You right click on the event when someone dies, and you click "Death Scene" and it will show you a 15-10 second preview of what happen before the persons death.

NOTE: It will not slow down the server at all.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

I'm pretty sure hosting video files on a server will slow it down, especially considering how far are old logs go back and how many it would have to store in one round?

3. My Dime Is Up

Not a video file.

Let me go on my server and record a preview of what it would look like. Its not saved as a video format like .mp4 or .mov

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Alpha Wolfy

Alpha Wolfy Nocturnal VIP

I believe @Highwon was planning on distributing new damagelogs to the servers to show a player's death, which would eliminate word vs word scenarios and crack down on loophole trolling. I do not know what happened to them though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. My Dime Is Up

You can change your votes if you thought it would be to hard on the server. This is what it looks like:

Here's the First Video (Without a prop):

Here's the Second Video (With a prop):

Remember to watch in HD

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. Carned

The lack of weapon in the cam concerns me, this would mainly be used to stop false "t baiting incidents" and with no gun this doesn't seem to help.

Im still going to hold off on the idea.

7. Rek

Rek Ø

This would help with "unided" + "he was throwing props at me" though wouldn't it @Carned ?

8. My Dime Is Up

If you notice, above the persons head, it shows what gun they are holding. It also shows if a corpse is ID, UNID. It would actually cause lag to show the model of the gun. The reload animation would put stress on the server and making the gun model move with the player would make it worse. Remember, its a recreation of what happen (A really accurate recreation) not a video

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Carned

Yes but im talking about shooting in directions, something that the gun name wont do.
    Also yes the unided thing is a fix, but im not sold sorry.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. My Dime Is Up

Notice, when I shoot, it shows a line of where I shot and it plays the gun shot sound. So it does show where I shoot by drawing a line. A red line for the reported person, and green for the victim (Though I had a bot, so it wouldn't shoot)

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Carned

True, however im not sold until it becomes first person, sorry.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. My Dime Is Up

I think ill stop here with putting this on the +1 but i'm sure @Highwon could make it first person.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
  13. MrEvanJ

MrEvanJ On my grave I want VIP not RIP VIP

Of course I like the idea. But it would be better if it was in first and third person because I usually kill people from behind so it is harder for me to get called out. So if people get prop killed them you can look what direction it came from.

14. Doesn't hurt to add. Just use the feature for the "passing of unids" responses

15. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

That's not always a difficult thing to determine. A simple question of "Whose body was it that was unID'd?" Check to see if they or someone ID'd it shortly after or before the kill. Trolls aren't hard to find.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bacon Bombs

Bacon Bombs Matthew 1:25 New Testament VIP Bronze

+1

17. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

Did you just +1 your own suggestion?

And also -1
    The current state of this "death scene" command on the damagelogs doesn't seem to be very useful.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. nikki

nikki Dutch female gamer: cocky, rude/toxic. VIP Bronze

It's impossible to moderate properly without deathscene, you have no way of knowing who's right when it's word vs word and being able to look at the deathscene clears everything up.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rek

Rek Ø

When you commented on this, did you not realize this post was made 3.5 months ago?

Also, it is very possible to moderate properly without deathscene.
    Us staff do it every day.
    There are currently 1771 people banned on our servers and more added to that number everyday, some bans expire and the trolls never come back.

If someone is caught loopholling with word vs word reports, they will be severely punished.
    I'm sorry that you feel this way, but commenting on a thread this old about something that happened to you recently isn't necessarily the best option.
    The staff isn't perfect, but we are pretty effective.

You can always record or take screenshots to catch those who loophole.
    If you feel like you need to talk about this more feel free to message me on the forums, don't bring your issues with staff onto a 3.5 month old thread.

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  20. it would be cool if there were killcams like in cod or rainbow six siege

• Like Like x 1