Death knell

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Bubonic, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Bubonic

Bubonic Burning heretics since M31 VIP

Well then, I've been here a year, staff for most of that. I've made amazing friends, met great mentors, had people support me through some really hard times, came out of my shell and got comfortable being myself.

When I joined last December I struggled really hard with thinking every word out of my mouth sounded dumb, never felt comfortable on the mic, and just felt like an alien overall. At the time I was unemployed and had no friends spending most of my day depressed and alone.

As I spent more time here (90+ hours a week for a while) I became more and more comfortable being myself. You guys actually helped me through some really bad social anxiety and gave me something to do other than hate myself all day. Thank to your help I was able to get a job and work on my social anxiety in real life. I even started moderating and that helped even more.

All of that makes today incredibly hard for me.

The shutdown thread was SGM'S death knell and the people have listened. The thread made me want to do everything I could to save SGM but knowing @Highwon is not "in the mood" to continue SGM kills that spark of hope.

Losing that spark of hope is why I'm outta here, love you all.

• Friendly Friendly x 15
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

I hope yo still enjoy seeing you around from place to place. Keep in contact and i hope all is well after the quakes

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Prisma

Prisma That one person who doesn't do a thing. VIP Bronze

Bye bye :|

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  4. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

i'm with you on that and i'm glad this place had that affect on you. the light and the spark that gave SGM that edge left and now there's no point being here anymore when the staff that made this place so welcoming left. that's what also led me to my resignation. and idek if ill do a farewell theres no point this place is dead anyways i love you though and wish you the best.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  5. TrinityBlade ⚔️

TrinityBlade ⚔️ They question the king upon leaving. VIP

Highwon isn't in the mood for a lot of things, I'm glad I met you bubonic, you're a cool ass dude. I enjoyed staffing alongside you :) <3 See ya man.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

I liked you, you were pretty alright fam.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Noob999

Noob999 The best Noob around. VIP

:( see you around :(

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Love you long time, fam. Don't be a stranger <3

• Friendly Friendly x 2