Accepted Death by Firing Squad (Please Read - Vote)

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Jabba the Slut, Apr 14, 2020.

?

Should this change be implemented?

1. Yes, it should.

73.9%
  2. No, it should not.

26.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

During our recent staff meeting we discussed a few proposed rule changes. One of which we could not decide by a staff vote. It was almost 50/50, with a slight leaning towards accepting this. Personally, I don't want to implement a change with such a slight majority margin. So we are opening this proposal up to the community in hopes of a more definitive outcome.

I am neutral on this proposal myself. I can see arguments for both sides.

The idea is to allow players to assist the Detective when the D is actively damaging someone. It would be a passive KOS of sorts. Currently it is RDM to kill someone for being shot at by other players, including Detectives.

There are a few ground rules for this idea.

• It is not a Traitorous Act to be shot by a Detective. This means nobody will be GBA for choosing not to help the Detective gun someone down.
    • The Detective must be ACTIVELY damaging the person. Think of it the same way you would when using self defense against a Detective.
    • In the event that the Detective is RDMing the person, only the Detective will be slain.
    • If a Detective is found killing people who helped them kill their target, due to them being Innocent or otherwise, Toxic Gameplay punishments may be considered.
    Feel free to discuss the idea below, as well as make your own arguments for or against this proposal.

2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

Wait it was against the rules to help the det?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Elvis

The detective is always innocent. 9/10 times of the detective is shooting someone it’s for good reason even if the person is innocent. +1 it should be allowed.

you should also tell staff to not vote on this to not sway the vote of the community since you already have their votes

4. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

5. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

It is currently against the rules to help the Detective kill someone without a valid reason. This is assuming the victim isn't shooting back or hasn't been KOS'd, etc.

6. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

This situation of rule pops up 90% of the times when a player is walking around and the Detective starts shooting at them, without them firing back and another player jumping in and assisting the Detective.

This normally ends in a Slay since you had no right to fire as they were not doing anything traitorous.

7. AndrewB

AndrewB VIP

A detective has a DNA scanner and that is a major advantage to the Detective. The detective can also kill a person for many reasons, such as: Calling false kos, Shooting other players, DNA, etc. A detective kills an innocent with a valid reason with the help from random innocent players. It sounds to me like a newbie on SGM would not want to be slain for assisting the detective in killing a person if he is most likely the traitor, based on the evidence the detective has. I don’t believe a player should be slain for helping a Detective kill a player that they were shooting at.

+1

8. danstorm

danstorm Caaaaaaaarl, that kills people! Moderator VIP

I agree. It sucked the first time I got a slay for this, "because the detective could've been rdming". But like, I know that person and they don't rdm and it would be weird that the detective would only be rdming one person in a group of people.

9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

So long as I can help the detective RDM and not get slain idgaf

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

I mean I already help the detective and never get reported for it so why not make it a definite (y)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

I can't think of any reason to disagree with this rule change, so +1

12. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

Wait so instead of getting demoted as a staff member you die by firing squad.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  13. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

time to hit you once as det

14. Adlactor Nell

Well shit now I removed my vote
    #StaffSuppression

• Like Like x 1
  15. Maro Lupus

Maro Lupus I don't know what to make this VIP

Anything that opens up a loophole is a +1 in my book

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Scarwolf

Scarwolf Active Member

imo this adds wayy to much complexity to already difficult scenarios. The way i see it, if the det is already actively shooting someone, then they are probably calling a kos in chat, so id say most cases it wouldnt even really change anything. This also opens up room for abuse of the mechanic as said above lol. In the contrary if the person being shot by det decides to fight back you know 100% they are t (or are allowed to kill them anyway), so having innos help detectives only opens room for lower karma for everyone (imo). in short i dont see it being really useful, so -1 for me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1

This needs to be made extremely clear. I love to T-bait people as detective to get them to shoot back. The last thing we/I need is to have innos start blasting people because I baited them.

If this change gets adopted I really think we should have a running documentation done by the staff team on whether this is happening or not. We're doing this to try and lower the RDM, but we might drastically increase it if people confuse t-baiting with actual damage to the player.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Elvis

Well if this does happen the RDM will fall on the inno.

18. Adlactor Nell

there should still be a line where the blame falls on the inno rather than the det, if the det shoots near a player and a third players kills the person who was near the area where the det was shooting at then it falls onto them due to the detective not actively shooting them, now I hope players can discern between a detective actively shooting at someone and a detective shooting at someone's legs

19. Elvis

Thats what I mean. Unless the detective damages the player, then it falls on the third guy for shooting the 2nd guy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.