de_port

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Pierogi, Feb 11, 2021.

?

Add de_port?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pierogi

Pierogi Special Properations Administrator VIP

It's a great map for TTT. Lots of barrels to prop kill with, the classic orange cart + brick combo for prop surfing, good map design... what more could you want?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

The only issue I have is that Port is the size of the map. Port is a relatively large map, and it may be unbalanced depending on player count. For example, if you have under 15 players, which modded usually has around 15 to 20, the map is going to heavily favor the traitors (lot of open areas for sniping, a few closed off areas for easy pickings if somebody is alone, and a pretty good amount of area control). If there are more than 20 players the map is going to heavily favor innocents (the map has very little cover for traitors to escape if they get called, and innocents will definitely bunch up in the larger areas. I also don't think that c4 or frags would be beneficial as the area allows for groups of players to bunch up but keep a moderate distance).

I'll explain more thoroughly:
    First of all, if you are on top of the water towers, you have sightlines on most of the outdoor areas.
    First, you can see the ship
    [​IMG]

You can also see the south and west side of the port
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even the north side...
    [​IMG]

Now the problem is that while the watertower is a fantastic vantage point, you are wickedly exposed up there. Therefore, traitors aren't going to be able to utilize the water tower, as there are few exits that can get you safely out of there should you fuck up and get spotted sniping. Innocents will have better control over the watertower. Hell, if innocents congregate in this area they will win almost guaranteed. Innocents have a better chance of sniping defensively from the watertower than traitors do.

Second, all the open area
    The first open area may be beneficial for traitors, if they stay close to the buildings for cover and escape
    [​IMG]

Then there is the ship, which is honestly terrible for triators because there are just too many directions that they can be engaged at. There is no way for them to effectively lock down the ship.
    [​IMG]
    The first strat, to the left, is covered by the tower and the ship also has pretty good sight lines. The right is extremely open, and the people on the ship will see you coming. The central approach may be the most optimal, as you can snipe out the doors and the warehouse provides great cover, but the problem is that you need to be sure that you have the wharehouse secure, but that may be difficult because there are so many entrances/exits.
    [​IMG]

Now the best places for the traitors are going to be here
    [​IMG]

and in the underground tunnels
    [​IMG]

Personally? I think the map looks cool enough that I wouldn't mind it being on the server, assuming there is a ttt version that is armed properly.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

de_ported

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. waffle

waffle VIP

1+ Probably one of the many great css maps. Would be great to play it in TTT

5. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

I’ll consider arming this because I personally like this map.