DarkRP - Thoughts and Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Opalium, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♠ Lanes ♠

♠ Lanes ♠ Member

"pLogs is like Penguin's private administrative system, bAdmin."

Is like =/= his private administrative system

I was also giving an example of how 128 players can be fitted in a map like Danktown which isn't too big or small. I didn't say that you guys should rip it off now, did I?

2. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

At the current time we are still not confirmed, but we have a team working on darkrp, right now we are only about 4 active members I'd like to bring others in for consideration, if you have extensive experience setting up or managing ~20+ player darkrp servers please start a forum conversation with me and I can propose you to the team. Thanks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

Who is "we"?

4. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Highwon, Opalium, Amr, Rick, Myself.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Explains why I cant get a reply in the Content Team.

Fan-fucking-tastic.

• Funny Funny x 11
  6. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

I wouldn't mind being able to help with this in some way or another. I might not have experience in setting up or managing servers, but I do have extensive experience playing on a large variety of servers with an even larger variety of content. Sure, anyone who plays GMod could claim it, but back before life hit me hard, I was pretty vocal and helpful within this community. You may not know me, but there are others that are still around that know me and can at least remember my mod days on TTT.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

Not gonna lie DarkRP would be a pretty cool gamemode to venture in with this type of community, although an issue I see which others have brought up is would we still be able to moderate such a gamemode properly like we would with TTT?

Another issue with DarkRP is the amount of trolls which exist so a large number of staff would definitely be needed otherwise the whole game mode would be ruined.

Again many others already brought this up and you can also find a large number of trolls in TTT it's just not as bad as DarkRP were some trolls end up going viral.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

We'll need a large and competent staff team and we know that going in.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dwardu

Dwardu School tmrw? VIP

That's great to hear, hopefully all goes to plan as I would really like to see a Serious DarkRP server :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

If this is going to be a thing, I would ask @Highwon to not create ranks simultaneous to launch. Let it go for a few weeks, and if it doesn't work out, you can remove the server without anyone getting mad over the loss of their DarkRP rank

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Leniency is a thing in darkrp that's not in ttt. If someone rdms they get a warning.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Yeah, the last thing a DarkRP server needs is strict, stick-up-the-ass administration and rules.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

But we have to have staff that actually listen to RDM complaints, unlike some other servers...

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  14. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Punishment procedure hasnt been solidified but the only thing that can really be done is bans and jails

• Like Like x 2
  15. Good Noodle

Good Noodle VIP Silver

Well, as I think it would be nice to have a DarkRP server, I know with that, many trolls and problems would erupt. I used to play on a very successful DarkRP server for about 2-3 years and it all fell apart because of the community and overall toxicity. I wouldn't like to see that happen, but I wish you good luck with it.

If you need it, I have a Google Doc filled with the basic addons and mods for a creating a decent server.

16. .shirt

.shirt VIP

From my understanding the only ways i've seen successful servers die is, 1. lack of care from owners. 2. staff that are terrible.

17. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

lack of immersive rp, shit staff, shitty premium content, shitty economy. we're fixing all that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yes, when an economy first starts off its rough, a good economy takes a couple of weeks to get kicked off. Gun dealers near to useless when a server starts off at low start money.

20. shadowdragoon66

shadowdragoon66 hic sunt draconis VIP

Just want to say one thing though: having things like VIP perks and whitelisted things are fine, so long as you don't go overboard. I used to play on a server that went bust quick because 2/3rds of their jobs were either VIP or whitelist only and the remaining jobs had so few slots, that they filled up quickly. This resulted in people up and leaving because it is no fun being stuck playing civilian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.