DarkRP - Thoughts and Ideas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Opalium, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAA coolgamer VIP

I feel the opposite. People don't have a lot of school left and most people have their exams over so they are going to have a lot more time to dedicate to the potential new server

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Kyül

Kyül Caged Bird VIP Bronze

It is deeply delusional to believe that DarkRP will do better just because it has a bigger playerbase. This project is too big to be successful under this team. Especially if the head of the team has openly stated that the constructive criticism of the community doesnt matter and discredits anyone who actually brings a good counter idea to the table. You guys made a thread to gather opinions from the community and when there was a lot of backlash you changed your focus to bringing in new players and putting the actual SGM comm aside. I still stand by the believe that DarkRP will ruin this community and bring in countless toxic trolls that will disrupt it.

DarkRP might not die like MC, but it will possibly be the most negative thing this community has experienced.

Reflect on it before blindly dislikingth post. If you still disagree, go ahead.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

The negative backlash is fine, basically speaking, DarkRP and TTT players are pretty different, I'd be surprised if we got more than 10 active players from existing SGM to move to a new RP server, the reason for this thread in my opinion was more for finding those players that enjoy both, or enjoy DarkRP more. (I personally prefer DarkRP over TTT, but 90% of DarkRP servers are run by kids and / or crappily coded etc, so I play TTT instead) And getting those peoples opinions on what they think makes darkrp servers successful and not, Highwon and Opalium have no RP experience and are relying on community feedback as well as the development team members with RP background to develop a server that will fit well with the existing community infrastructure, as well as being fun and growing itself. If you think there is a better gamemode to expand to or another game, go ahead and suggest it, but GMOD is sort of limited these days.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Theinkern

Theinkern Inkern VIP Bronze

No need, dark rp I feel is the only way to be able to successfully expand Considering it is way bigger than TTT and has such a huge player base.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Agreed, I feel like this is the best / last gamemode that we can expand to within Gmod before the community looks into expanding to another game, which would be a massive undertaking.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. .shirt

.shirt VIP

DarkRP is the only place to expand into realistically speaking. If the time is given and executed properly it will be amazing.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Everyone on the Dev team is extremely detail oriented and every detail is being considered, if we are able to build a server successfully chances are it's going to be very nice. The only thing we really need that could make or break is a good staff team, but thats an issue for another time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Okay, I spent a couple days watching some GTA RP, seemed cool.

How does it compare, realistically to DarkRP?

Example vid

9. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

I'm just saying that I really liked the immersion and rules on gta Rp, including stuff like "you can't just shoot your way out of every scenario, example if you're being fined by the police a small sum, don't kill the cop, you wouldn't do that irl"

Additionally I liked that you couldn't just Rp by yourself, gta 5 create need for certain utility and support jobs like a tow truck driver, this creates more immersion and makes it more community friendly, vs not relying on others and just being alone

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Rozboon

Rozboon Forgive and Forget, or just forget. VIP

You're suppose to do it until someone else takes over or you cannot physically do it anymore, by then the person is more than likely not coming back.

Example of DarkRP

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. Yorke

Yorke Banned

I would say that Roleplaying is the most popular of all gamemodes -notice that GTA Online is a roleplaying game too- if the server has a good economy, staffs, plug-ins it will be popular to.

12. s1rcool

s1rcool Active Member VIP

this is why i love the concept of fearrp in servers. you need to act according to the scenario

13. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ♠ Lanes ♠

♠ Lanes ♠ Member

Redacted.

Woah, the person broke FearRP by shooting the mugger!

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2017
    • Dumb Dumb x 3
  15. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Just add the ability to cook meth the way most RP servers do so I can just sit in my house and cook meth for hours on end.

Literally all I want in an RP server

Actually fuck RP

Just make it all meth cooking

• Funny x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Creative x 1
  16. STONEY

STONEY I AM FIRE, I AM DEATH. VIP

Is this going to happen anytime soon? Cause I want something else like RP to resort to when I'm bored or when I'm not feeling like TTT.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Chastity4lyfe

Chastity4lyfe *Eye roll* VIP Silver

Lol, @PizzaParadox and I have had some good memories in DarkRP.

I personally love DarkRP, i'm not very great at all the roles and rules, but my favorite server is no longer working SO i'd be totally up for playing it if we had one. Of course there is ALOT that goes into DarkRP servers, but I think since it's way more heavily used than say... minecraft... I think it would be a big attraction for Gmod users. I could definitely get behind a DarkRP server.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. The potential for fun DarkRP is always based on the players, and in our case we always made it fun! If we had a DarkRP server I could see spending quite a bit of time there, I'm itchin' to open a pizza bar.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Kavokan

Kavokan Supporter

I have mixed feelings about DarkRP. While I find it fun to a degree, I feel that they are probably hard to maintain due to a need for a lot of content to be competitive, difficult-to-moderate rules, and an unusual attraction of the worst players gmod has to offer, among other things. Also there are already a lot of DarkRP servers out there, meaning a lot of competition. However it can be a lot of fun if done right and a lot of people play it. All in all in my opinion, it wouldn't be such a great idea, but I may be wrong in that.

20. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

I've been a big fan of GTA V rp as of recent, and if a nice middle ground could be found between super serious and relaxed roleplay, I think it would be a good addition.

The only issue would be having an adequate set of rules that keeps the players under control without being too restricting. A good start would probably be taking a look at the most popular RP servers (GMod, GTA, Arma 3, etc.) out there right now and finding out what makes them popular. Then we could take what's good and use it while scrapping any of the elements that cause issues.

That's just my 2 cents.

• Agree Agree x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.