Damage Logs

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Adlactor Nell, Dec 28, 2019.

?

Should Dmg Logs be public?

1. Yes

51.2%
  2. No

9.8%
  3. They are already available you dummy.

39.0%
  1. Adlactor Nell

Adlactor Nell Advertiser Friendly, Right out of the box! VIP

So hopefully I'm not a blind dumb dumb but afaik dmg logs are only restricted to mods and the higher ups and I don't see what's wrong with it being available to us.

2. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

You can type in the console a command that will print the damage log for that round. ttt_print_damagelog if I'm not mistaken. Keep in mind that you can only use it at the end of the round.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Adlactor Nell

The reason why I did this was also due to the dmglogs keybind not working

4. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

theres just no reason for normal players not to have access to it once a round is over and ive never seen a good argument against it

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

If @Highwon wants to enable this that would probably help us out in the long run. Forum reports could be handled easier as we could just get a screenshot of the logs and relevant information. Death scenes would probably have to be disabled on the player end to prevent server lag (if so many people are accessing it there may be lag, idk). Even if it is just a dumbed down version of the logs, this could be helpful.

+1

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Adlactor Nell

Probably the 3 main logs should be helpful for everyone, Deathscenes would be good to have to but it wont be necessary if it will be hard to implement.

7. eks dee

eks dee SGM editor in chief VIP Bronze

+1

8. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Okay, but other servers do this just fine? Also, can't we strip back some of the more advanced features of the logs then? I don't understand Opalium's logic here. That being said we enforce the rules on duplicate suggestions on a case by case basis. I don't personally feel like this is worthy of being shut down simply because it was shotdown once a few years ago.

Again, I re-iterate, if it is feasible to do than we should do it. It clearly has community support, so why not?

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

Different times different rhymes. It’s easy enough the way it is, but if highwon has altered his stance on it it doesn’t hurt to try it out for a map or two and see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

At the end of rounds, you can do ttt_print_damagelog. It shows you every hit made, and you can copy paste it.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. 8BitF0x

8BitF0x a pixelated fox that loves rdm VIP

I find a problem with this, not all regular players know about this, and it doesn't help that it's not shown anywhere. I would totally agree this should be allowed to be viewed by regular players with limited features.

+1

13. I think giving damage logs and shot logs if that isn't include by default to everyone can also help make punishments for rdm more transparent. its one thing to be told they never shot despite what you saw but it hard to argue with seeing the system logs

14. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

"@ Someone damaged me can you check who"

If someone disagrees with logs "!p playername imgurscreenshotoflogs or deathscene video"

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  15. Temar

Temar Administrator VIP

as someone who has has done coding work with damage logs let me just point out that by default public had access to previous round logs

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

+1

I've been on two other successful gmod communities that used this option for regular players. Considering the server has been rolled back, I'm sure SGM should be able to support it, if not provide the means to support it. I feel as if the "server stress" caused with Opal's additions to the server. Now that presumably most of them, if not all are out, then SGM should give this a try again.

17. +1 there are a lot of times that I question my own sanity when someone insists that I shot them but I didn't. Access to good dlogs would be a nice qol change.

18. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

It's a pain to use compared to damage logs.
    Staff isn't online 24/7

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911

Twitch.youtube.com.ttv/AAAAAAA911 Now you just somebody that I used to know VIP Silver

Yes, it's such an inconvinecene to type a short phrase to see if you rdmed someone

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

Bind the command to a key maybe? thats what I did before I got staff, also you do realise that copy pasting logs is not considered valid evidence since it can be altered, right?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1