D&D Scheduling/Organizing

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Juice Juice™, Apr 16, 2018.

?

What shall our Campaign be?

1. The Kingdom of Hero's versus the God-Slaying Cult

100.0%
  2. Something else! I don't like any of these options

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

If you are interested in playing D&D with the with the community, we're going to need to figure out the times to play. Since this is such a large group with multiple time-zones over the internet, it's going to be a bit of a process, at least at first. PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD UNNECESSARILY. Zyp's thread here is far more convinient for it!

First, we need to determine who will be playing as the Dungeon Masters. We are going to need multiple: There are simply too many people for a single schedule to handle. Rather than try and make a brief explanation to fit onto the page, I'd recommend reading this wikihow.
    For the sake of simplicity, and so we can have a unifying story, I'll handle the macro side of things, as well as the general story. This means you won't have to worry about keeping track of the story, the NPCs, or the individual players after your session is done. The down side is you won't have as much freedom with the story, or in some cases, the dungeons themselves! This also means, though, you can be DM one day and just a regular player the next! Keep in mind, Meta-Gaming is a big game-killer

Since the Dungeon Master is the heart of the game, we'll need to determine the scheduling of the game around who's available to DM. If you would like to DM, please post now, or send me a private message, with the following information:
    Your level of experience, either as a player or Dungeon Master
    Specific Times you would be regularly available to play as DM, either on a weekly or monthly basis
    How much work you want to do/Can do, and what type of work that is (I.E: Would you prefer to manage dungeons or manage players?)

Second on the list is exactly what campaign we will do!
    Personally, and I am extremely biased when I say this, I think we should do the campaign I mentioned in Zyp's thread. It is far more linear than your normal D&D campaign, but for such a large group of what I assume is mostly inexperienced players, and with what will end up being such a diverse schedule, I think it is perfect for what we need. For the sake of keeping the plot spoiler-free, I'm not going to say anymore than what's already on the thread to anyone but DMs. But, if anyone else has a campaign they would like to suggest, please do so! I am going to create a poll up top. Any campaign ideas will be added to the poll. Please remember to update your vote for proper planning!

We are going to need to figure out the schedules of the players, and who is playing, but it will be far easier to do that once DM's have been decided.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018