Custom Skins or Models

Discussion in 'Player Models' started by Juice Juice™, Apr 8, 2018.

?

Should there be custom weapon skins/models, purchased by the player?

1. Yes, but only if temporary

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but only if permanent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes, but in a way other than what was described

7.1%
  5. Indifference is me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. No

92.9%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

After going through a rigorous vetting process and paying a sub-standard fee (I'm thinking in the hundreds), allow players to add their own custom models or skins to the roster. Either temporarily or permanently. I'm not quite sure exactly how server management works, but I imagine it would be a nominal way to increase server funding and give those of us in the higher class something more to spend their money on.

2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

-Server has strain because new weapon models are added, some of which can actually be quite large in file size
    -Paying in the hundreds for a few models is not worth it
    -Rigorous vetting? You mean opening up their admin stats? Realistically speaking this limits the amount of donations we can even take in.
    -Is rather exploitative on our part, as it is a lot of money that has very little change.
    -Owners and lead admins need to spend time to actually add each new custom item and make sure it wont break anything. This sort of testing is best reserved for things everyone can use, not just one donator.
    -Models may be abusive in nature, maybe re-texturing one gun to look closely like another.
    -New players will be confused as to why some guns are the same but look differently
    -Newer players may think that the guns are actually T weapons.
    -Models may inherently give a slight advantage depending on how big they are.
    -Players maybe able to get around anniversary work around with guns that look similar.
    -Lead admins and Owners now have to spend time to properly check the models to make sure they are fine to add, a task that is a waste of their time and resources.

To put my thoughts simply, this is a dumb suggestion that would be set up to waste server resources and also be designed to waste the higher administration's time; all to gain a quick buck.

No

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. i think simplicity is better like more or changed out player models or maybe some classic sttt maps but all the other stuff would just complicate things imo.. perhaps there should be an sttt classic server <3

5. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Just to clarify (And please mind, I am indifferent in the matter in all honesty, I just think it's a neat idea if it could be implemented)
    -I meant player models, or retextures on existing models to ensure compatibility
    -The vetting would be for the skin or model itself, not admin stats. It would be approved prior to payment.

And I'm not sure how providing a service/product for payment is a waste of resources, since that is the very foundation of a transaction. They would be paying a premium price for a premium (In our servers) service. If there are so many people buying this that it puts strain on the server, shouldn't that mean it's bringing in enough money to enhance the servers and reduce the strain? The entire point of this is to garner more resources for the server, and you simultaneously arguing it's a waste of resources and the price is too high seems counter to each other. I don't mind disagreement, just actually get your disagreements coherent, will ya? You seem adamant about this for very poorly thought-out reasons.

When it boils down, this would just be a way for the server to make more money and for people to leave their mark on a server they love paying on.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Too hard to balance every single hitbox, -1.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Why not just copy paste all hitboxes to be the same so it will always be fair...?

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Robyn

They have to adjust the models so that the sizes of the models are all similar and some models sre skinnier than others so they just need to make it so none of the models gain an advantage. If this were to be accepted then you could pick really absurd skins that would not be able to be balanced. I.e. A Uganda Knuckles model would be wayyy too short and definitely would be unbalanced AF. I dont even know anything about editing hitboxes yet I know this much. If you made all of them the same then it would look weird af as you wouldnt even hit the model but somehow damage them. Or vice versa. It wouldn’t be wasting resources but it wouldn’t really be possible.

9. I would understand that for deathrun, but is it really necessary for TTT? All playermodels should resemble the default model anyway, therefore it wouldn't do much harm if all hiboxes were equal. If the playermodel doesn't fit the default hitbox well enough, it should not be added in the first place

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Robyn

But letting players request would allow them to pick unreasonable models...

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. ??? Are you completely disregarding what I'm saying...?

12. Robyn

The suggestion is that ALL skins would be added if you pay, no matter how it is shaped. No im not disregarding you. Im saying that if you want it for deathrun, then you should suggest it in dr suggestions, not ttt suggestions.

13. I see now, I completely misread it. This gets a big -1 as its a waste of time and paying for 1 model is just not worth it

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Robyn

Lmao you thought this was a DR suggestion? Or you thought it wasn’t guaranteed models?

15. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1 too much work for poor dada opal

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. No its just that its such a stupid suggestion that I misread it completely

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. caring about ratings :whistle:

• Funny Funny x 2