Custom Player Model Donator Perk

Discussion in 'Player Models' started by uwu, Dec 17, 2017.

1. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

So I was doing some thinking as to things that might be an interesting thing to add that hasn't already been suggested and after doing some thinking and searched I have decided to propose the idea of a custom player model donator tier as well Custom Rank/Titles, and Colors.

Now obviously there are some questions to raise such as "What if the hitboxes don't work and Wouldn't it slow down server download time?" Well I think I have found a solution to those questions.

PRICING:

Firstly let's talk about pricing... From the research I had done I found pricing for custom models went anywhere between 7.50 - 99.99 USD, It has been suggested to me that somewhere around the 100 USD region would be a good price as it is 1. another job for a developer to do, and 2. Something that basically etches you into the history of SGM.

LIMITATIONS: (IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR MORE LIMITATIONS PLEASE LEAVE THEM BELOW!)

Obviously with an addition like this there needs to be some sort of rules and limitations to insure that it is to work well. So I have come up with a few that I have found would help.

- To fix the slow download issue, set the limit for the PM to only be 5mb or below, so that would mean not allowing any PM above the download size of 5mb

- To fix the hitbox issue, If a PM has shitty hitboxes then I can suggest 1 of 2 things,

1. Have someone dedicated to testing all custom PM's hitboxes and rejecting ones that don't work

2. Having one of the developers fix the player models hitboxes (made possible only if the model has a low poly count)

- No Giant or Mini Playermodels i.e (Dogs, Cats, Pokemon, Some Sonic Models etc)

- Also to avoid any problems with people wanting to switch, make a 1 and done rule so no switching a week later when they realize they want something different.

SOME UPSIDES:

- Letting people who like to have a themed profile for example "Venom" have a way to express that even more.

- Who wouldn't want a custom model? It would a great source of income and would keep the servers interesting!

- Would avoid most of the silly player model suggestions that are constantly -1'd and looked over, as all they have to do is make a donation to the server and see the certain model they want!

- This could possibly lead to more things such as Custom Titles, Custom Text chat color, etc, that would bring a really cool "personality" to the server.

- Adds a donation option for the people "like me" who are not a fan of the certain colors offered right now so they can show their support for the server and have something to show for it!

SIDE NOTE: Now obviously this might be a controversial idea, and I understand that, but before just leaving a negative rating, I would love to hear some feedback (Negative OR Positive) as to how I may be able to make this suggestion better. Thanks For Reading!

Last edited: Dec 17, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

You will find barely any models that size at least one's we'd want also...

Every single model that goes on the server has to have its sized manually reduced via Opal or Highwon & I can tell you from experience that the method is painstakingly annoying and time consuming that it's not worth it...

Also Highwon has a very specific theme for PMs that has to be stuck to.

Finally $40 is way too cheap, you'll be swarmed with the modes unless its $100 or more.

However I would like to see a custom rank colour/title for a decent sum so +1 to that section, playermodels though, no.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

But at the same time do you think that having a $100 price tag might make the re sizing a little more worth it?

Also I had no idea about Highwon wanting a specific theme, that kind of makes my idea look silly, but maybe that could just be added to the vetting process, meaning that the model has to be past through Highwon to be added.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Honestly man half the current models are literal trash so adding more to the pile just doesn't seem like a good idea especially considering the rather... weebish... taste the community has.

If a model is popular enough with players it'll get added (or ill just bug opal until its in aka Yen and 2B) but the idea of having 50 more models to keep track off is annoying. Like i say Titles & Colours are 100% brilliant idea but thats it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. uwu

uwu Banned Silver

BUMP, i want more people to this see this ecks dee.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  6. nigel benn

nigel benn VIP Silver

this post is so hard to read

• Agree Agree x 1