Other Culinary and confectionery recipes

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Grimoire+, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Grimoire+

Grimoire+ Sigillum diaboli VIP

Hello everyone,

As we are a multi cultural community spanning the world I have been talking to some of you in the past about food and after seeing zyp made a thread documenting his culinary skills I feel that it would be a good idea for people to have a place to share their recipes.

Have something in the family? Maybe a cultural dish that you enjoy? What about a regional dish that only applies to your county / state etc, Or even just something you've thought up within the days of college (I've heard some real food horror stories from college / university students)

I look forward to seeing and trying what is out there!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. Husky

Husky Euthanasia VIP Silver

Grim, this is gonna be a good thread. I'm boutta whip up some good shit.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

I always wanted to get into cooking but never really did much with it. I wonder where's the best place to start?
    My country is a strange combination of so many other cultures, dishes here are so many and different it's hard to even know them all. Eastern stuff, western stuff, old and new. It's really a fascinating mixture. I hope I can share some stuff here (not by me though hehe)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
  4. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

Man finally starts cooking up and makes a thread about food. Alright G you're about to get served (pun totally intended)

• Funny Funny x 3
  5. Kurta

Kurta VIP Bronze

6. Grimoire+

I know you like a lot of chicken based dishes, and you talk a lot about food so i look forward to seeing what you do husky.

Start with some basics really, everyone has a favourite dish or preferred style of food ( i personally really like Italian as it's simple in design but flavourful) And just really go from there, but i'm excited to hear what you've got opal!

It's something I've been interested in my entire life and up until mid last year i used to cook a lot even just to pass the time or things like that, unfortunately circumstances lead to my kitchen being unusable ;) But come on smusha i've seen your food and tbh i'd really like to try it

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Doben

Doben Party Monster VIP

Well this is gonna be enjoyable to watch this thread :D

For my part, I'm interested in making dessert recipes, mostly foreigner ones from the blogs I've been checking because our country's cultural desserts are kinda hard to make and it's like impossible to get a good result. I took pictures of few that I made so far, I can give the recipes for the ones interested. Enjoy (y)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Grimoire+

Dobie dobie dobie! these look absolutely amazing, I did like a lot of the turkish desserts when i was there, But you are right quite difficult to make but all of your food was lovely and i'd like to make turkish meze; it was like a tomato paste that was very spicy but was really tasy.

P.s please share the cookie dough cheesecake i would definitely love to make that

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Husky

Omg.

10. Husky

Hey y'all - I got you a nice recipe if you're looking for a little spice in your ramen noodles.

However, I do warn you that they are extremely spicy and hot, so if you're not into that or have a heat sensitivity when it comes to spicy things, be wary.

[​IMG]
    So you don't need everything here spice/seasoning wise, but this is what I use and you could always do it differently. The Creole Seasoning is a blend of multiple seasoning including chili powder, garlic powder, etc.
    Next thing you wanna do is get your pot of water to a boil:
    [​IMG]
    I put it to medium-high heat so that it will boil much faster.
    Next you wanna take out the packet of the Ramen Noodles, and separate them down the middle like so:
    [​IMG]
    This is just because it fits well into the pot, and will cook evenly. Some people do quarters, but I just like it down the middle.
    Anyways, when you put them into the pot you want it to cook on medium low so that it cooks nicer and is easy to keep track of:
    [​IMG]
    Next while they're in the pot, you wanna separate the noodles with a fork just so that the noodles will become easier to cook since they aren't together in a big block.
    [​IMG]
    This should be your finished product while it cooks. You wanna cook it for ~2-3 minutes, or until the noodles are soft and not crunchy like they original come as. Cook them too long and they become mushy like a paste.
    [​IMG]
    Now for the seasoning and the cooling down process. Put it on a separate burner if you have it, as it will continue to cook and stay hot even when it's not on the burner:
    [​IMG]
    While that's cooling down you can add the seasoning to it while it's still hot:
    Add a few dashes of the Creole Seasoning, Cayenne Pepper, Salt, Grounded Pepper, and 1 Half of the Beef Seasoning Packet:
    [​IMG]
    So anyways you want to thoroughly mix the noodles with the seasonings in it to make sure it's evenly distributed, and while you're waiting for it to continue cooling down, you want to add the other half of the seasoning:
    [​IMG]
    Once the noodles are in the bowl you're using, mix once again to ensure evenly seasoned noodles - and then you want to add your hot sauce, which is to your own liking how much you want to add or what kind:
    [​IMG]
    And finally, you can just relax and enjoy a bowl of the stuff:
    [​IMG]

Thanks for reading, and I hope you try it and enjoy it!

Warm Regards,
    Husky

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

I love cooking and coming up with new things, especially enjoy making Pizza's, including the bases from scratch. I was a baker for over 2 years, so I am pretty good at making dough for Pizzas, bread, cakes, rolls etc.

Surprisingly, this was actually a really nice trial, I did just one slice of the pizza, but you can see it best here;

[​IMG]

Anyway, turns out, after I came up with this piece of art, it's actually a Swedish specialty!

But, don't fault it until you have tried it, it's very nice.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  12. Grimoire+

There is the infamous Banana pizza that you've tormented us with for weeks, However i gotta admit it does look really tasty

13. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Grrr stealing my ideas. Well, my stuff will be in my thread (y)

14. Grimoire+

Keep it up though zyp, i do enjoy what you make :love:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

i have a turkish background, mind sharing the cookie dough cheesecake with me ^^ i love desserts

16. i need the recipes right now please :cry::cry:
    (jk i cant cook til sunday)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. my nana used to eat banana sandwiches but.. this... this... upsets me a little. looks good tho

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. ok I reallllly should be studying rn but i guess ill add a few of the ones I can think of rn. The more complicated ones can wait (y)
    my favourite cookie recipe (super quick if youre craving something sweet):
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1580654/millies-cookies-recipe

really simple marble cake.. not my all time favourite cake or anything but super easy to make:
    https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5557/chocolate-marble-cake

literal diabetes right here (i add different things such as peppermint extract/ rum flavouring and raisins etc but only to my own preference):
    https://www.nigella.com/recipes/vanilla-fudge

also anything that this girl makes because oh my goddddd
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoMum0pwewO8_WtTlUQxGHw