CS:GO Ranks of SGM V3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Panda With a Gun, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

That (2017)? derank update was fucking garbo. I was climbing my way up and was basically Master Guardian Elite and was doing great and then the update hit. Since then matchmaking just hasn't been the same. If the reason was to really "lower the amount of globals" then it's a pretty silly reason imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

What i heard is they wanted to make it harder to get to global. Yeah, there were far too many globals but thats bc their elo system was and still is fucked.

3. Frost

Frost Frosted Pun King VIP

That was pretty much the reason, they wanted to keep a reduced amount of Globals, granted there were a lot of people in the wrong ranks, they should've just increased ELO and not derank a shitton of people. After a certain time, a population size is met and additional rankings need to be made, they could've done that.
    But nah, they took the literal easy way out, which made me lose all respect for MM and Valve, shows me they care more for their money than the playerbase who makes them that money.

4. Elvis

They did increase the elo though. say 1 is silver 1 and 500 is GE. if youre MGE at (not doing math here so bare with me) 415, and they increase the elo range from 1-500 to 1-1000, that 415 is now in a different rank.

5. Frost

Makes enough sense, to me I feel it's unfair. I would have done the commie thing and raised the people's elo, let them derank on their own, while keeping the skilled winning to just proceed to keep their rank and climb. Though it's not too effective, I feel the same applies by just letting ranks drop, because once you drop you're stuck in the loop of shitty teammates. I had a smurf at silver 3, and dear god the teamwork is horrid. But it was what it was so, :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Elvis

Ive never been good at fps games. Im not horrible, nor am i bad, im just not good. I really lack the mechanical part of aiming (muscle memory where i can move my hand/wrist/arm exactly where it should go). The only thing that people say is to play the game and eventually youll get the muscle memory, but 850 hours in csgo and almost 1900 in gmod and ive still failed to get the mechanical aim.

Thats why ill never get out of silver. No matter if i 5 man stack each game, have incredible communication, know all of the peek spots and most of the odd angles, ill still never be higher than GN3 if I ever make it there. Mechanical aim alone can bring a "never touched this game doesnt know to run with his knife out" all the way to mg1.

I know ill never be great at FPS games.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Frost

I'm only as good with a team, alone i gauge to be MGE, but when I was with my friendos and we teamed, communication, teaching, patience, encouragement and plans won us games, kept us going. That's why I hit LEM, tbh I had to keep playing csgo to stay good at it.

Teams make a difference, and yano skill changes based on practice and trying your best. In all games are supposed to be fun, after a while csgo became a drag. So jus play to enjoy, rank is jus a number. XP

8. Smash

Smash Baka VIP Silver

I was MGE recently but went back to MG1 after a few bad games. Been a while since I played, I'm probably a solid MGE with a decent team though.

9. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

sounds like you're utter garbage and need to get good

btw i'm ge

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Elvis

[​IMG]

Bro why do i get matched with people like purple? I had more kills than he had kills, assists, and deaths combined. Almost 40 bombed bc all i can do is carry but still end up losing like wtf is this game bro.

11. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

git gud and stop baiting ur teammates lmao

12. Elvis

>”git gud”
    >1 round away from 40 bombing
    >am forced to be entry fragger every round bc no one pushes
    >literally the only person calling strats
    >literally the person controlling the team
    >teammates only rotate when i say so
    >teammates dont check corners
    >same guy dies to a guy sitting on scaffolding 3 rounds in a row
    >i call awp mid and 3 line up top mid and get collated
    >”git gud”

13. Aquast

Aquast lordy was here :barefoot: VIP Bronze

this is why u dont solo q elvis

• Like Like x 1
  14. Elvis

I dont know anyone thats in my rank area that still plays comp :/ i would have a 5 stack if i had the option

• Like Like x 1
  15. Elvis

Finally won a game. Got silver 2 :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Elvis

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Elvis

[​IMG]

Tic tacs and I were queued. We are the ONLY reason we clutched this game. 11 rounds in a fucking row bro.

The other 3 trolled the first half, and fish got 6 kills total first half.

[​IMG]
    tic tacs carried us those 5 rounds for the first half, besides the one i got a 4k on. As t's, the other 3 kept going a leaving tic tacs and i to 2v5 every fucking round. As CT, we won first round and was expecting the t's to save but i forgot this was silver and they rushed us with a force buy and basically gave us AK's. That really set us up for the fucking 11 round come back.

Dear god i hope someone is proud of me

18. Bogdanoff

Bogdanoff VIP

if u were so consistent at fragging and weren't just cleaning up, you would have won the match bro

git gud

19. Elvis

???

20. Panduh

Panduh I love ass VIP

Use to be legendary eagle :/ Theres no one to play with anymore though.