Crosshair changed?

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by rigby250, Sep 12, 2018.

1. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

is it just me or did the crosshair get fatter after today's patch?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(view full screen to get best effect)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  2. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Yes. You can read about it in the patch notes. I would like to see the option to make it a little less thick but... oh well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. rigby250

rigby250 VIP

yeah looks like it came out of minecraft, not TTT

4. The new crosshair options are great honestly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

Indeed, it's one of the side effects of fixing the misaligned crosshair issue.

The problem is that most of the standard screen resolutions (if not all) are even numbers - 1920x1080, 1270x720, 2560x1440, etc. This means there is no real "center" to the screen - both halves are equal in size.
    This is why, in the last version, your crosshair was a little misaligned to one side - there was no middle point, so the game drew it as close as it could get to it, as there's no such thing as "half a pixel".
    Here's an illustration I made to help you better understand what I mean:
    [​IMG]
    See how the crosshair is "off" by one pixel? This is because the "middle point" is supposed to be between the red and blue lines.

To solve this problem, the only option is to make the crosshair twice as thick so it can cover both sides of the "middle points". Again, to illustrate:
    [​IMG]
    Now it's properly centered! Though the downside is that it's a bit thicker now.

tl;dr your screen doesn't have a real middle point, so it's either the crosshair is misaligned or a bit thicker than usual.
    Here's an excellent video by Philip which explains this in depth, if you're interested (it's about CS:GO, but still relevant in this case too):

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. BambiBreaker

BambiBreaker I will break you, and all your Bambis.

It got smaller for me

7. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

For me it is now permanent red :whistle:

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. NeverGhostin

NeverGhostin Mod to remember VIP

my crosshair is fucking aids for the meme

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

Interesting. After all these years, I never knew that the crosshair wasn't even properly aligned.

10. Nunn

Nunn Active Member

Yes really, recently the server has updated, and now pressing F1 and going to change crosshair, you can change the crosshair. Persolalized fov was also added

• Old Old x 1