Crestfallen Snow

Discussion in 'Farewells' started by Siddo, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Wowsers.
    On the list of things I expected to happen today, this was not one of them. I could make a neat post, short and sweet. But in line with my nature, I'll just make a wall of text that you probably won't read. And I can't blame you. It's probably gonna end up with me just rambling on for an essay's worth of reading.

Those of you who've asked me about when I was resigning got the answer that I was staying until further notice. Some of you also got the answer that I'd probably resign on a whim someday. That day turned out to be today. Why? Not sure. It's not because wink resigned, it's not because Cowcakes got unbanned. There's no real, tangible reason. I just feel like now is the time that I want to resign, so here I am.

I would say some motivational anime shit, but I also don't feel like it.
    The title is a pun. The reason for the title is that I feel like this is the end of the road for me. And I hadn't expected this day to come, let alone this soon. So I'm feeling a bit down to say the least. I'm far from perfect and I could've been a vastly better admin. I'm honestly a bit disappointed with how terribly I did. I did what I could to ensure my mods got all the knowledge they could possibly need. I don't feel like I failed on that front.

But being a good admin is so much more than whipping your mods. Being a good admin is making time for the community. Making time for your mods. Guiding your mods. Guiding the community. Helping your mods. Helping the community. What makes an admin truly good? That's hard to say. Because so many things play in. So many things are important. But the one, singular thing that defines an admin is passion. One's love for the community. It is from that love that all else grows. It is that love which you pour out to the community that makes you a good admin. I'm a weirdo, but I think I've always been approachable and down to Earth. I might talk with fancy words and decent grammar, since I like those. But I'm a playful spirit at heart, mischievous and an awkward dork. I've always tried my best to be serious when needed, but normally I'm just playing around. And when I was serious, I helped both strangers and friends alike. Many have asked me for help. I'm really grateful that I got to do that - that I got to help so many of you and help make SGM just a bit better.

But I failed to do more. I should have done more. I don't feel like I've made a truly significant impact. I could make excuses and say I was given an uphill battle. That I was tasked to keep a boat afloat by emptying it with the bucket equivalent of Swiss cheese. But I just fell short. I'm not a victim of circumstance, let alone a victim. I'm just a fool who wanted to keep the magic of SGM alive just a little longer, but didn't work my hardest to do so.
    Ultimately, I fell short of my own expectations. And probably short of everyone else's expectations. I can't look back and point to a thing and say "I did that." .. because I didn't do much at all. I maintained the status quo, but I didn't make things better. I didn't move SGM forward. I just helped keep it afloat. I should have done more. And I wish I'd done more, instead of giving up when the announcement to shut down came. I tried my best to keep the quality of the staff team up, stuffing my moderators with knowledge and pointing out mistakes if and when I saw them. And I weathered the storm until now.
    Anyway, with new year's eve around the corner, I feel like this is an opportune time to say goodbye to my role as administrator.

I'm sorry if I've failed you, whoever is reading this. You may not blame me. You may not think I need to take any blame. Or you may say I'm not taking enough. All the same, I've failed myself, and honestly that's the worst part.
    I don't know what the future holds and I don't have any real plan. I'll drift and do whatever I feel like on a whim, as I've always done it. Maybe you'll see me around. Maybe you won't. Maybe you'll forget me, and I guess, maybe you don't.

I'm honestly surprised I'm still here. Back in June or July, I made a giveaway that was a pseudo-farewell, because I planned to leave for good. But SGM pulled me right on in again and I just couldn't leave, I had to stay. I wanted to stay. I NEEDED to stay. I don't feel that anymore, and so I'll drift on with the waves to a new place and new adventures.
    I'm not gonna do tags, because I feel like tags are stupid. They don't even really work, and ultimately they feel superficial. It's a chance to say something you might not normally say to a friend or someone who made an impact in your life here at SGM. But there're too many to count and many have gone or been banned. So I feel like it'd be a waste.
    Besides, to say something, you kinda need something you want to say. And I have nothing. I've really tried hard to think of tags and things to say, but there's nothing. All the things I'd want to say, I've already said. And all the things I'd want to do, I've already done.

So I'll just end this with the one thing I have left to say:
    Thank you.

• Friendly x 19
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Creative x 1
  2. twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️

twitch.tv/echostorm2k ⚔️ screwdriver Banned VIP Silver

I love you man. The best admin I could've asked for. You taught me everything I needed to know and more. You were approachable, friendly, and had one hell of a personality. I love you, and I'll miss you forever. You haven't let anyone down by doing this, and oyu haven't failed to do anything. You've made a massive impact on the community and me and everyone loves you. I'll make you proud.
    Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. ryan

ryan yeet VIP

gonna miss you siddo. Had good times with you as staff. You did well

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. UncleBee

UncleBee VIP

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

what the frick gayboi not tagging me :cry:

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

All snowflakes eventually fall.
    I hope you will glisten in the landscape still.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

cya sidodo

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Sorry it went down this way. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Does that mean we can finally play League again:oops:

10. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

You were a good lead admin candidate. Good on ya.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Lordyhgm

Lordyhgm Spiteful smells Lead Admin VIP

shut yo sensitive ass up this place is better because of you whether you accept it or not <3

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

You did really well Siddo, and I hope you realize that. I couldn't have asked for a better memer friend.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Man, I have to be sad because of this resignation, especially when daddy teroxa got promoted. You did well, remember that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. Silly

Silly Fantasy VIP Silver

You've always been very kind and helpful, take care siddork :oo:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

Piss color again.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Aluf

Aluf -redacted by the administration- VIP

You did pretty good, but I completely agree that you could've done better. Like holy shit change your same damn weaboo avatar for once... ;)

17. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

I'll always remember you rigging all those giveaways for me. <3

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

Now you got alot of time to be my ADC while I suck on random support pics I wanna try!! :D

In all seriousness, no matter what you say or anyone else, in my eyes, you did fantastic.... You were the one that had my back several times and I don't give it a second thought if you had anyone elses aswell, because I know you did.
    It's in your nature.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

hmu on tinder / grindr

• Winner Winner x 2
  20. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

:drool: :bag:

• Funny Funny x 1