Creating a warning buffer

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Confused Amish Man, Jul 18, 2017.

?

Implementation?

1. Yep

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Nope

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe with some changes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I searched the whole forum, the suggestion forum, and even used control+f, so if I missed this already being made, I tried.

Basically I think there should be a rule addition that states there must be a pause between a warning and the action, such as shooting a barrel or a Traitor warning about grenades, T weapons, etc.

WAY too many times, I've been killed by a traitor buddy with a frag or discombob or jihad, with the Traitor Bud having hit his "WARNING EXPLOSION / T ACT" bind AS they did the act, resulting in the report being tossed out the window due to "he warned about it."

It isn't a big deal, just seems like a good idea to cut down on this crap, or give a reason for staff to be able to punish teamkillers.

It could be 5 seconds, could be 3, whatever, that can be decided by you guys if you agree, but the whole thing of throwing a frag grenade at me while spamming your T weapon bind and then being surprised when I can't get away is really getting old.

Something along the lines of: "There must be a 5 second pause between a warning and the following action that can cause harm to your teammates, such as shooting explosive barrels, throwing a grenade, or Jihading."

2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

This is sort of already a thing. You need to give your T buddies enough time to properly run away from the situation and if they ignore it you can still do it as if they weren't there.
    The problem is that most of the times people say they warned but immediately begin jihading we can't prove it unless it's literally at the start of the round (around 5 seconds in) which is already a rare situation.

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The situation that I want to throw my grenade or use the T trap at 5 people is probably going to be gone in 3-5 seconds so -1

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

It's already a thing, like Orion said. If you warn for the nade 3 seconds into cooking it(4 seconds is explosion), it's RDM.

5. Well that's kind of the issue, is that this is "sort of" already the norm, which means mods will never punish for it.
    You're telling me there's no way to sync up a chat message with an in round log, such as comparing when someone said "WARNING THROWING T WEAPON" and the log if it being triggered?

Right but in my post I explain that this happens constantly and nothing gets done about it so an official rule would be nice.

6. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Well if the traitors (sometimes innocents) that warn of those things don't give enough time for other people to react and back away, then it's still considered rdm and u should still blame the people that call the warnings out yet don't give enough time before they do the actions specified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

?????

If I'm a T, and my T buddy says "THROWING FRAG" in chat right as he throws it with 1 second left on the fuse, I can report him and he can say, "well i warned dumbass", and if I give the mod video evidence that he gave me no time to react, he'll be slain. If you don't record your gameplay and this happens to you, well then maybe you should start recording. It's not rocket science to use shadowplay or plays.tv dude.

8. Alright, everyone keeps saying the same thing so I guess we can just go ahead and close this lol

Yes, I'm aware that they should be punished for it, that's why I made the post.

Yes, I'm aware that I can record, but this post isn't just for me, it's for everyone, who can't all be recording all the time. Saying "just record bro" could apply to all things, like getting RDMed, but that has been taken care of to eb more easily punished and moderated, which is what I'm trying to do.

it's not a big deal, @Dolph1n is right, I just wanted to maybe make it better for everyone involved to have an official rule added.

9. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Locked as requested.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.