Cosmetics replace off-hand slot instead of helmet

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Juice Juice™, Feb 27, 2017.

?

Like it?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, if Modified

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Pug (You can vote twice)

42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

First off, I have no idea how plausible this is. My skills in coding are limited to RPG maker, and even then I've only been tinkering around for under a month. That being said, if it is possible, it would be a nice way to retain the substantial protection of a helmet while also charging into battle with a doughnut for a head, or under the banner of Pug.
    The only real downside I could think of for this is that people might use hats to hide their helmet, but in any serious engagement, I think the glowing diamond chest, legs, and feet would give it away. Making a new slot for it entirety would be even more ideal, letting people hold shields, but that seems like it would be more difficult than it is worth.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

+1 if you can add a cosmetics tab to the E inventory, where you can equipped cosmetics to each slot that didn't replace gear.

3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

+1, but why not just have the head overlap the helm? And you can unequip it using the gmenu command

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

Ya'know, I'd probably use all those hats I paid good money for if it didn't mean I'd have to go without a damn helmet all the time.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Harry Potter

Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived VIP Emerald Bronze

+1

6. Yatty ☄️

Yatty ☄️ Yatt'em VIP Silver

Pretty sure this isn't possible without modding

7. Skyrossm

Skyrossm Ideal Female Moderator? VIP Emerald Bronze

There may be a way to fake the head clientside while having the helmet still on the server, but it would be prone to crashes/errors and delete the helmet by mistake.

8. Yatty ☄️

That's why I said without modding. With modding you could add a second inventory for cosmetic gear.

9. Juice Juice™

The way I was thinking, as clumsy as it would be, was makingit so the off-hand sprite was directed to the head, though I imagine that would be as buggy as hell. It would probably work for banners, though, without much issue

10. Yatty ☄️

That's not how this works though.

11. Juice Juice™

There are ways to do it, but it is a massive pain and doesnt look very good 90% of the time

12. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

-1 don't wear the hat then. It's a cosmetic meaning optional and not useful, I want my off hand free to put my grapples or my bow or my food in it.

13. Juice Juice™

Wouldn't you end up dying faster that way if you entered actual combat? Except for maybe the enchanted apple, all those would leave you more vulnerable than a helmet

14. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

Well, you see I wouldn't wear or use any hats, just the trails and particle effects maybe. I'd much rather live and play normal survival than stupid cosmetics.

15. Juice Juice™

ok.

16. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

I'm for this! I don't -ever- wear my hats because I don't want to sacrifice using my helmet.