Content Clean Up

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Carned, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The Big Content Clean Up

So with people having a lot of lower FPS issues on the server since the latest update added a lot of good new content I thought it might be time to have a clean out of the content we currently have.

But Carned why would you want to remove content?!!?!?
    Well the number 1 reason is that its causing low FPS for some users but also

• Some of the content is outdated in terms of relevance
    • Some of the quality of the is questionable (Looking at you Carnage)
    • Some stuff very few people use
    • Allows room for new suggestions to come in

How do we do this though?

Simply, surveys.
    Like with the previous map survey you can gauge community feeling towards content using these surveys.

What would the survey's contain?

I envision the surveys asking players to give each item a ranking from 1-10 with 1 being hate it and 10 being love and use it constantly. With the numbers in between being for indifference and use occasionally.

Surveys would be on every piece of content

Player Models, Maps (Again but ONLY Focused on removing/keeping maps), Guns (honestly there is a bit too much choice sometimes and not enough unique weapons), Jihad sounds, etc.

Users would have to understand that by voting they are opening themselves up to having their favourite piece of content being removed and this may cause some negative feedback from a vocal minority however I'd feel that if the survey was made public and advertised on the server via the messages and using @OpalBot it would be very difficult for users who care to miss out.

I'd love a lot of feedback on this as i know not everyone is as vocal and passionate about content as myself but I feel that a positive attitude toward fixing some of the lesser loved content and making room for something fresher & most importantly helping out those with lower FPS.

Another smaller area to focus on may be modifying pointshop so it has a more sleek UI and doesn't have to render all the models every time you open the tab, however less models may fix this issue somewhat.​

• Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
  2. To add to this, remove the expensive shaders from the playermodels because a lot of them are causing FPS drops (I removed every playermodel and surprise, 10-15% increase in FPS)

3. RaYm0nD

RaYm0nD VIP Bronze

Excuse me, I have a GTX 9000 Extreme Gamer Extreme Edition V5 with dual turbo thrusters with a freezer cooler, 1TB ram, and a hexabytergibatyeterabyte hard drive. Why should a peasant with a peasant toaster pc have the right to make his filthy suggestions.
    You disgust me. Just replying to your thread insults my 20k monitor.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  5. Carned

Because a post made by Opalium is going to be taken 10x more seriously than a post made by me, trust me I thought about it ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

How would you individually remove each of the new models?

7. replace them with the normal playermodels

edit: also this makes pointshop not take half of a hour to load

• Confusing Confusing x 2
  8. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

This is a funny post, considering you have no idea what's actually causing FPS drops. :p

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  9. Carned

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Carned

No FPS issues before + Spycrab disabling models has increased his frame rate....

I wonder if maybe just maybe people would get more fps idk though just a little hunch because I have no idea after all!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

:D

I'd be glad to tell the content team where they went wrong +1

13. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

the content team is rigged.

as for the suggestion, sure my dude. And this should include end round songs. I'm so tired of hearing all the current end round songs again and again, so much that I have just disabled them entirely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. My favorite Youtube series is Content Clean-Up

• Informative Informative x 1