Combine DR & TTT Staff

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Cash, May 15, 2018.

?

combine gamemode staff teams?

1. yes

23 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. no

17 vote(s)
    42.5%
  1. Cash

Cash I staff the proper way Banned VIP

We currently have 1 DR mod who rarely needs to staff (seeing as DR is pretty much dead minus point farmers) and I feel we would benefit more from allowing TTT & DR staff to be cross-gamemode instead. This would allow for TTT staff to hop on DR if staff is called and would also allow for some slightly faster responses in the case that a DR report actually gets made on the forums.

Just seems pointless to have a staff team dedicated to a server which is rarely played, and rarely have that staff team staff. Could have a team which is more geared to DR (Pixel's team) while the rest are mainly for TTT staff, without restricting one from staffing the other gamemode.

also leads have staffed DR more often than DR staff recently

kthxbye

• Like x 6
    • Agree x 3
    • Disagree x 2
    • Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
  2. Cash

3. Voca

Voca o.o Administrator VIP

From my own experience it is possible, like I once staffed for a server that required you to be able to staff for 5 different gamemodes, 7 if you include the gamemodes that got changed to something else.

But there is required much less for someone to staff DR compared to TTT, so wouldnt give the DR staff permissions to staff for TTT unless they have proved through a trial periode that they can handle it o.o

TTT staff most likely have it easier with staffing DR, however with the playerbase being so low, would more staff even be needed >.>

In any case if this should go through, I would say, check up who of the TTT staff is most active around the time the DR server is active, and put some of those on a minor team that can handle the DR server if anything happens and the actual DR staff isnt available ^^

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I suggested this a long time ago, back when Deathrun was hitting peak times and no staff and well... it didn't really go anywhere...

Still supportive of it. Just seems so silly for deathrun to be separated like that. +1

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Throwback to #HeWillNotDivideUs.

I m o, it'd be fine to combine it but the modes are quite different game-wise, which could slightly complicate it. Staff-wise, TTT is more complicated, but a lot of the (current) TTT staff might have little or no interest in playing DR. For that reason, they may not want to staff there (not that there's a need). So globalizing the need could be an issue. But your suggestion of:
    is gucci. Also that means staff groups can be moved to general discussions and have one big neat post rather than two separate threads in separate subforums.
    TL;DR: +1

EDIT: Also @Pacifist, most recent date first, most recent change last. Superior system.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Robyn

Robyn Floof Moderator VIP Silver

+1

• Like Like x 1
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

yo +1 i can do both i have experience hmu daddy @PixeL

8. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

my old server used to do that... ttt, darkrp, deathrun combined staff. it worked out pretty well tbh. +1

9. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

+1

I think this could be a really good thing if done correctly. I'm not the most active DR player but there are times when I like to go on when the server is busy and have some bhop fun. The times I've gone on I've often run into mic spammers/harassers you name it. These are things that TTT staff already know how to deal with, and I'm sure would have no problem handling on DR. Especially for the TTT staff that are already familiar with DR and the basic game rules.

In the last few months I don't think I've even played with any DR staff other than @wink who seemed to do a good job despite not actually being dedicated DR staff.

The only thing I would like to add is that I don't think TTT staff should have to make a mandatory hour requirement if they chose to staff DR, and DR hours should not count towards the TTT biweekly requirement. It should be something that TTT staff can do if they chose, but would not be a requirement.

10. john redcorn

john redcorn strangers like me VIP Emerald

I’m hesitant; it may sound simple to make the rank transferable due the similiar duties upheld and simplicity of the game modes, but with the rulebooks we got for each server I’d be afraid of sacrificing quality if a staff member chooses to actively participate in staffing both; hell I’ve made quite a few mistakes myself with my self trained knowledge of the game mode and rules over in deathrun, magnifying that with 40 moderators might not be the best plan of action.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Solar

Solar El Dorado VIP

Although I used to be against this because of hurr-durr-quality of staffing etc., staffing Deathrun is not hard due to the simplicity of the rules.

Yes. +1

12. Peach

Peach sweet c: VIP Silver

I see where you're coming from, but let me just ask. What's the worst that could happen? It's not like Deathrun isn't already a dying server. If anything I think the inflow of new staff could help DR in the long run. Be it by helping out with forum reports, or by just hopping on when the server has a sudden population spike to keep things fun and friendly.

I'd like to put more trust in our TTT moderators and think that the ones who care enough about DR to help out would know a thing or two about the game mode first. Will there be mistakes? Sure.There will most likely be some mistakes, just like in TTT. But given the current state of DR I think a little mistake every now and then would be a small price to pay for having a larger range of DR staff who for the most part would be capable given the simplicity and similarity of the rules compared to TTT.

13. Han

Han       VIP

just remove deathrun and let people buy the ranks anyway. The highest player count it had in the past month was 23, which is barely half the size of the server. Even though I like Pixel, he hasn't even touched gmod in a month.

real comment: Deathrun mods =/= TTT mods. They don't go through a trial period and they lack the RDM manager. I wouldn't want Chewie to staff a TTT server without going through a trial process. I'd probably be fine with TTT mods staffing DR, but I don't really see the point. I know I actually suggested you make this thread, but I kinda regret it because I don't think the benefits are actually there. I haven't seen people call for DR staff in ages, and the report forum is pretty irrelevant as well. In addition to that, I also know that more than a couple TTT staff sometimes afk on deathrun for points. If this combination happened, that wouldn't work. Finally, I'd wonder if staff would prefer to moderate the more simple ( and new ) alternative of deathrun, thereby decreasing their already low hours.

I just don't see any convincing arguments in favor of this, while there are some admittedly minor arguments against it ( afking, potential mistakes, lower hours ).

Last edited: May 15, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

There were a handful of people that actively staffed both dr and ttt. You would just have to apply for both servers.

15. Cash

We all know they won't remove DR, .and they also won't allow rank purchases without a server for said ranks (I've offered to buy SMC obsidian for $200 a few months back)

In terms of the suggestion, we have a staff team that does fuck all (the leads have to hop on DR whenever staff is called, because DR staff is nowhere to be seen) regardless, something should be done whether it's allowing ttt staff on DR or just getting leads to staff (or finding people who enjoy DR)

16. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

I am kinda confused how you can suggest combining them when DR mods doesn't have training like TTT have. If they want to be TTT mods they can be that instead or both. By doing this you would force them to have to learn how to staff a mode they might not really want to staff. And if you did this there would be more staff that can be on DR than there are regulars playing it.

17. Cash

Have a team still geared mostly towards DR, but have those staff members learn some of ttt staffing incase (for whatever reason) ttt staff aren't available.

I mean we could also just remove DR staff and have leads be the only ones who can staff it, such as they have been doing the past few months

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. Emily❤

Yes but as I said where is the need for this. DR doesn't need more staff as nobody has complained about there not being staff with a single mod being on. This seems just a way to make DR staff more relevant by making them into TTT mods. But you forget they applied to be DR mods and I dont see a reason for them to have to learn how to staff TTT when that wasn't what they applied for to begin with.

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  19. Cash

Then get rid of DR staff, neither pixel or Chewie touch DR which ends up requiring leads to staff it when staff is needed.

20. Emily❤

That is a different suggestion that this one but feel free to suggest it.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1