College Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Chad, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

Post college related things here
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

@Pomegranate I understand a wagie like you wouldn't like the college thread.
    I said NO PICKELS. Let me speak to your manager wagie, on the double!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pomegranate

Pomegranate Supporter

Chad I will fight you right here right now buddy

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

PLEASE RESPOND TO AT LEAST 2 OF YOUR CLASSMATES DISCUSSION POSTS god I fucking hate online university

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I really like your post! I agree, online university does suck!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. PwnageKO

PwnageKO "I'll be seeing you on the forums." VIP

Very well said! However, in my experience, I would say that online university does suck only slightly. Can anyone give me some feedback to back my point? Thank you!

I'm so glad I fucking graduated last Spring. It was at least only a few months of that BS.

7. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

The only options for my classes were asynchronous. I’m paying full tuition to not have any actual classroom direction. It takes days, and sometimes weeks to get a simple question answered.

This is not the education I’m paying for. They are taking advantage of COVID by making more classes asynchronous so they can offer a higher number of total classes. I’ve looked at transferring, but only half of my relevant credits would actually transfer to a similar program.

Fuck. This.

• Like Like x 2
  8. God your name is sexy.

9. capri sun

capri sun VIP

Nothing fucking works, Canvas crashed yesterday, the textbook site takes ages to fucking load, and is absolute shit on mobile. I should have just waited for this covid shit to blow over but no, everyone told me it would be fine and I was overthinking it.

This shit sucks.

10. "Alright now talk to your breakout groups about the question for the next 10 minutes"
    "Hello? .........................Hello???" No response
    Painfully awkward 10 minutes

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Lovisa

Lovisa His queen :3 VIP

"IM SHARING MY SCREEN CAN YOU ALL SEE IT?"
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Shaddoll

Shaddoll Okay doomer. VIP

Any online chemistry class just leeches all the fun out of chem and leaves behind only pain. Not being able to do labs in person is just miserable. Half the fun is getting to mix chemicals yourself and wear the lab coat and protective stuff. I'm sure most other labs for science are the same way. COVID sucks for science majors.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Scrungy

Scrungy VIP

I want you to have sex with my wife.

14. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

HAHHAHAHAHAAHAH
    Any other community college bros here?
    Small classes + low to no payment for these classes.
    And let me tell you the professors here are the realest niggas on the block!
    I also remember getting shit faced with @Lovisa and still passing my general education with an A 10/10

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Chad

Chad Banned VIP

HELLO I AM ADIS
    I LIKE LIFTING WEIGHTS AND BEATING CHILDREN
    I HOPE YOU'RE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18
    LETS HAVE A GREAT SEMESTER MOLEMAN :)

HELLO I AM ADIS
    I LIKE LIFTING WEIGHTS AND BEATING CHILDREN
    I HOPE YOU'RE ABOVE THE AGE OF 18
    LETS HAVE A GREAT SEMESTER MOLEMAN :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. PwnageKO

Lmao. Last Spring when this shit all went down, I was TAing for Gen Chem 1. Once it all went online, I had students nonstop emailing me how tf to do the assignments using the online software. Like, I, myself, do not know how to use the online software.

17. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Thats another thing. Teachers started dumping ALL the students with support questions on TAs

18. PwnageKO

I was overwhelmed with my own classes going online. Anytime I got any questions on the software or stuff I couldn't easily answer I just forwarded them right back to the professor lol. I only had 2 more months on my contract, so I wasn't worried.

19. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

And there's always someone with no headphones so theres constant feedback coming from them and they won't turn off their fucking mic

The TA for my lab group has the shittiest camera. I can barely see what the hell they're doing half the time, and she has an accent so I can't tell what the measurements are when she says them.

And why the FUCK did I have to PAY MONEY for smartwork5 and CodeLab? Shouldn't that be free with the expensive ass course?

20. Chemistry is based.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1