Claims PVP Poll

Discussion in 'Minecraft Suggestions' started by Squidd, Feb 1, 2017.

Tags:
?

What is your personal opinion on PVP inside of claims?

1. PVP should be ENABLED in claims, as it is now.

24.0%
  2. PVP should be DISABLED in claims, as it was before.

44.0%
  3. Other (In favour of PVP)

29.3%
  4. Other (Opposed to PVP)

2.7%
  1. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

So because it's bad for a lot of people now, just because it could be worse, we should be grateful? I sum this comment to be as productive as "Get good" or "If you don't like it, don't play"

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Squidd

Squidd VIP

The thing is, the server has to cater to a large spectrum of players who both like PVP and dislike PVP. As it is right now it is manageable. I know you personally don't like PVP, but as it stands PVP will be a part of the server whether you like it or not, so it's best to just adapt and protect yourself/your base appropriately.

3. Juice Juice™

I enjoy pvp immensely when it is remotely balanced, as I have stated multiple times. What I do not like is the inability to defend yourself unless you have a certain playstyle, and the staff's fuck-you attitude when it comes to it.

4. Veno

Veno Emerald

I think it's a poor idea to disable PVP in claims. If you feel as if you are at risk while in your claimed land -- up your defenses. Combat between players, I think, should not be inhibited in any way. It is your responsibility to protect yourself from other players while playing. Stay safe. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Juice Juice™

This completely screws people who don't know how to build, and forces players that aren't equipped or aren't good at pvp to constantly hide in fear of everyone else. It's not a fun way to play the game, or build a community.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Is there anything positive you want to say about the server that you want to put in here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/mc-appreciation-post.36786/ ?

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Juice Juice™

You know robo, your constant Passive-aggression, Sarcasm and Nihilism make me really question both why and how you became a mod.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  8. zomborg

zomborg "She's like a little Satan." - CDriscoll 2015 VIP

With the way things are currently, someone can just come up to you and kill you usually in a few hits/arrows or less. I'm perfectly okay with PvP, but I don't like the fact someone can come up and zerg you in less than 5 seconds when you are on claimed land.

If there was a small time period(let's say 15 seconds) for you to be able to defend yourself on your own land, I would be okay with that. Of course that would have to influence TP times so that isn't abused, but I don't like the fact someone can come and gank you when you are minding your own business in your house/claimed area. For instance, earlier I was feeding pigs and a player came up and killed me by the time I could scroll wheel to my sword. Then they killed me again when I was in a chest in my home. By the time you get out of the menu for your chest, you're dead.

The ganker obviously has the advantage, which is perfectly okay in unclaimed land- but I don't think that should be a capability when you are doing things in your own area without some kind of system in place to give both players a fair opportunity if something like /pvptoggle doesn't become a reality.

With that said, I'm not an experienced builder. I'm not an experienced MC player at all, honestly. I'm all for looking up good ways to defend your house, but the way things are right now awards ganking/spawnkilling and leaves the victims in a pretty consistent circle of loss until the attacking party decides to leave.

All in all:
    +1 to /pvptoggle
    +1 to different colored names in regards to /pvptoggle
    +1 to potential safe areas where people can build instead(Lone's suggestion)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Squidd

Squidd VIP

Can you stop bitching? Christ you've been at it all day man, don't you get tired of being so negative all the time?

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Juice Juice™

Very tired, actually, but in this particular case with Robo, I'd say he's the negative one. Like, depressingly negative.

11. Squidd

Squidd VIP

I dont see it your way. In fact, I dont think anybody does but you.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Juice Juice™

I had an entire PM discussion of which I only screenshotted part of with Robo, a particular potent line coming from him being "Humans are inherently selfish, so yes. If my hide is fine I am fine" followed directly by "You'll learn sooner or later."
    And when multitudes of people are growing frustrated with problems on the servers, and the response is constantly "Deal with it, if something bad happens, it's your own fault," yes, that bugs me. That makes me negative.

13. Squidd

Squidd VIP

You say a multitude, but it's pretty sided with an In-Favour of PVP (Check the poll. You know, the whole point in this thread?). We get that YOU and a few others dislike it, but refer to Irri's and Death's posts and just the fact that you're out numbered.
    And Robo isn't wrong to say that Humans are inherently selfish, etc. His philosophy should bother you to this degree.
    You've been negative and whiny since the release of this server, and you tell others that their Nihilism is an issue? You need to self reflect, maybe go take a break and do something you enjoy, because nobody is enjoying your presence here on the forums.

Thanks for your opinion on the poll and the state of the server, you're one count "Against PVP" has been noted, and anything additional is unnecessary and mostly not appreciated. Have a good day.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  14. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

@Squidd and @Silent Artemis I would love to get this thread back on track with the original topic which is a mature discussion about the future of PvP and the server in general, So if the both of you would be so kind as to stop with the arguing, that would be great, I don't want to lock this thread, but I will if you two continue to argue here.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  15. Juice Juice™

Do you even read what I type, ever, other than to assume? I am staunchly in support of PVP as I stated earlier in this very thread, if it can be modified so that more than just PVPrs can enjoy the server, and anytime anyone voices a direct complaint, the immediate reaction is either there is no problem, there is no solution, or that we shouldn't be bothered by it and be grateful for what we have.

As to my opinion? That one vote is not me. I voted for for in favor of pvp. I offered my suggestions, and gave reasons why some others might not work out. And if offering suggestions isn't the point of this thread, then why did you make it? To get an echo chamber of your own personal opinion? Or did you just stop reading after the first few replies, only to read something when a mod comes and posts.

If I come across as negative and whiny, it's because almost every single response I have gotten from staff (not including the devs here) is "Nobody's enjoyment but my own matters." I care about this community and the enjoyment of others. I am trying to get changes made so that more than just a handful of people can enjoy the game, with what little power that I have.

Oh, and in case you missed it, PVP being disabled has the popular vote. If you want a more accurate representation of what people want, don't make a category for one of the sides something exactly one person voted for, and the other category something that is never going to happen, because that means something is inherently wrong with your poll.
    Anything else I will take to PM, but I wasn't going to leave it at that nonsense.

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  16. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

Just block off the doors to your base. Anyone using a glitch in will be punished.

I wasn't attacking you, so try to be open minded.

Most people wanted factions. Factions means your base can get destroyed. However, we are sticking to the claims.

First off they were changed mainly due to the fact you could abuse the fact no PvP was in claims. This was wrong, and it could happen easily. The only way to prove such things is video evidence. And since GMOD doesn't have a demo recording feature, you'd need an actual screen recorder. Not everyone has one, and most lag your PC since a lot of people have lower end computers.

Some people like to PvP, I don't. I haven't been killed yet. But I usually never have armor, or swords. I use low end stone tools to get my work done. I only keep parts of what I need for the current project. The game is already on hard mode. You have no idea how many times I've died to a spinbotting skeleton. :ROFLMAO: Dying to a skeleton is the same as dying to a player. But instead you have /home or /tpa to_ur_buddy_who_was_near_your_shit and a skeleton doesn't steal your stuff.

PvP is an aspect of MC. I hate it in a whole. But I would rather have that PvP playerbase happy instead of not have players at all. It adds a challenge. As long as there's no actual breaking in claims, then I am fine with PvP. It doesn't bother me to be killed now and then. Plus I have ways to avoid people coming in my base.

*By PVP is an aspect of MC I mean multiplayer MC.
    *We can also try to fix doors in claims.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Squidd

Squidd VIP

tl;dr moving on. :D

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. Juice Juice™

Why the fuck would you make a suggestions thread without reading half the suggestions on it?

Edit: And if you didn't read it, how would you know there is bad spelling

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Juice Juice™

I know you weren't attacking me, but the 'Just deal with it' mindset has been going on for way to long now. It's just a lazy, uncaring answer to a problem that deters many people from wanting to play on the server, and it doesn't support diverse playstyles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. AnarkisT

AnarkisT ★ No Gods, No Masters. ★ VIP Silver Emerald

And with that I'm going to lock the thread, Since you guys just kept arguing after I told you not too, Seriously, you've gone on for almost an entire page.

If you absolutely must, take it to PMs, but I'd advise just dropping the whole thing.

Edit, Because other members of community would still like to voice their opinion, Im unlocking the thread, But if I see any more, its getting locked again.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017