Checks and Balances

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by The Coffee Smeagol, Aug 18, 2017.

1. So as I'm sure a couple of you know I've been complaining a fair amount about mods and reports and the like. So I was wondering if we could make a buddy system for mods, which would require 2 mods to be on a server together. This would in theory ensure that all reports are handled properly, and the proper punishment is put in place. It would help make sure that the reports are true and each mod could check the other one and make sure that what happened in said report actually happened in game. I believe this might help eliminate forum reports as well if we could do this

• Optimistic Optimistic x 7
    • Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

Yes, let's make it harder for staff to get hours, and reduce the average number of staffed server hours. If you have a problem with a staff member, make a report or go to their admin, lead, or Highwon respectively.

3. Teroxa

Teroxa Vier Fäuste für ein Halleluja VIP Silver

That would require a lot of manpower.

I don't think that a system like this would work in reality.

4. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

no lol

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Great concept sure but unless you can manage to double the staff team it's not going to happen. If you really want to make an impact befriend admins and talk with them when their staff make mistakes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

Us as a staff team we try to avoid double staffing. I will give you an example. Say me and my buddy hop onto Vanilla and West 1 is unstaffed. That makes little sense to double staff a server when one is unstaffed because we are required to stay with our buddy. We need to cover more ground as we have 7 TTT servers all together, as much it would cause less reports, it would just cause more trouble elsewhere.

7. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

We're trained to be lone wolves.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

Your suggestion would cause many issues if implemented. Moderators are humans, and humans are social by nature. It would not take long for certain mods to develop preferences for who the other moderator is. If you were a mod you would only want to play with moderators who have similar training to yours. You would also only play with moderators who always agree with you, as they would never find you doing something wrong. My next point comes from the fact that moderators are bred to work as a team with other moderators and admins. After awhile this team dynamic would be crushed, as each mod is no longer working together, but working against the other. Say we get 10 reports on round one and there are two moderators. In the system we have now, two moderators could easily break down the workload into 5 reports for each. In your proposed system both mods actually have to deal with 10 reports as they not only have to do the 5 they would do anyways, but then they would have to go back and check the other reports. This is not only a waste of time, but it doubles the work load. Moderators can barely handle the workload they have as the servers can be crazy at times (even the most skilled of moderators and admins can sometimes stare at a screen and say "fuck me" when shit gets crazy) and this would not make it easier. The mods aren't working together to get reports done, they are working harder to make sure that every single report is right. Then what happens if both mods get it wrong? Who is ultimately at fault here? The first mod for making a mistake, or the second for not catching it? Do they both share the blame? Would that make you mad if the person who is suppose to be watching your back fails you? What if you disagree with their judgement on a report you clearly know is a slay?

Next point is that the staff has trouble staffing all servers at peak times. This would mean that more and more servers would require staff as you would need to wait for not ONE but TWO moderators to be available. There are times in the deep of night where one mod will bounce server to server lending a hand. You would require that this mod go to bed and that rdm be allowed? Also, if there needs to be two mods on one server at one time, then the mod who joins first would be breaking the rules. Mod A is not allowed to join a server unless there is another mod like Mod B but then Mod B can't join the server until Mod A joins. You've created a paradox that can only be solved by both mods joining the server at the same time. So your suggestion isn't logistically feasible.

If you don't trust a moderator's judgement then don't play on the same server as that moderator. Fact of the matter is that most moderators will resign after a certain period of time, and if they get admin your problem is essentially solved because admins often time don't staff the servers as much as their main priority is handling the mods that are suppose to. The basic idea here is that you don't have to play with specific mods. Even if they join your game, you can easily move servers or just get off. Not to mention the fact that you don't have to talk to the mod or anything like that. If you find that this mod is just a bad mod in general, talk to his admin and see if there are ways that this moderator can improve (or be took out back and shot with a .357).

TL;DR: I've put the summarizing words in red for you fucking children who don't like to read things, but please read the whole thing because I made an MS paint flow chart to organize my ideas, and I took a good 15 minutes to type this. ayy lmao :blackalien:

• Agree x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Creative x 1
  9. So in other words my attempt at something I thought would be better was an absolute waste of time and a total failure. fuck it. at least i tried

10. I think that the rating of 5% accepted or whatever to 95% not accepted, is a little insane... I get wanting great mods, but sometimes they pass over people with great potential, sometimes, that is my opinion, and I think this idea is great on paper, but wouldn't work in-game, seeing as the schedules for moderators would be really hard... but I think that something similar to this, might work... maybe more moderator monitoring done may help, but I don't know, it seems as if this idea would be awesome if it worked, but it most likely won't... which saddens me, because I'd love for this to work!

11. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Ok here's the thing. It is not possible to have two mods on one server all the time filing up reports. And even if there was only one mod on at that time, he/she can still do the reports no problem with a little bit of evidence and usage of the damage logs. As long as there is one mod on, then it's already taken care of. Having two staff on at the same time is not possible all the time because people got shit to do irl such as work/school and other things.

12. Scares70rm

Scares70rm Festive Mod VIP

• Old Old x 1