Chat Muting

Discussion in 'Deathrun Suggestions' started by Watermelon, Jan 11, 2016.

?

Do you want this feature?

1. Yes

53.8%
  2. No

46.2%
  1. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

Thought it was a neat idea that when you mute whom ever for mic chat, it would mute them for all chat.

Edit: After reading some comments I want to add something real quick. If this suggestion were taken into account and put into the game there should be three options, mic mute, chat mute, and mute (both)

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Yeah I hate when squeakers get gagged and then keep squeeking their little squeeky keyboards away in chat.

Edit: but seriously, I use the mute button all the time. It's the best. When people are being obnoxious in chat.. I don't even notice half the time. The chat window is small enough that each new message isn't too eye catching or distracting but big enough that I can quickly find koses and such with no problem.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Watermelon

Watermelon New Member

K

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
  4. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Do you have a history of Schizophrenia in your family, or do you just dislike people who are younger than you to the point that, them speaking in any form is bad?

I feel like if you're annoyed by someone's voice, them typing should really not be much of a problem...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea, the value of it is really just up for debate. having two separate options to mute voice and chat would be good, I believe; however I would dislike automatically muting both voice and chat.

The main thing that brought issues up wasn't really the suggestion, just the way it was brought up (all the "squeaker" stuff).

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

EDIT:Wrong things were said.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  7. Mason

Mason Banned VIP Silver

I'll walk you through it.

So he knows how to mute them normally but he'd like to have the mute do more.

By all chat he means that this would include text chat so in conclusion:

When I mute someone locally I want both their mic AND their chat to be invisible to me.

8. Viral☣

Viral☣ I'm the hero that Deathrun deserves! VIP Silver

Oh,Thanks I understand now.
    I like the idea of muting people in chat And I guess if they are being annoying/spamming you could always call a staff to come but this would still be nice thing to add.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Chewie

Chewie deadrun mod VIP Bronze

This is a huge +1 for me, when staff aren't on, and everyone is constantly spamming 'gas the jews' and spamming swastikas left and right, or even a simple arguement, this could all be solved with a click of 2 or 3 buttons, not sure why this isn't even added tbh..

Edit: After thoroughly reading this, I think a seperate chat and mic mute option should be avaliable, not just both together..

• Agree Agree x 1