Change Vote System

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Saturnity, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Alright, lots of people seem to complain about the same like 4 maps being played (yeah it gets annoying sometimes)

So to help the problem, why not change the vote system to where when it plays a map, it blocks out the map. Now, you might be saying "It's already like that" well I mean, it keeps blocking/ locking maps until the big grid of maps to choose from, is halfway gone. It would force people to vote for something else instead of Dolls every other game.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  2. As much as I like democracy, giving everyone a vote and all that shit; I think we should just have a map rotation so all the maps get played. We've gotten too spoiled with being able to vote. Or make it so a map can be played once for every five maps.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Should just rename this, block more maps than we currently do. I wanna say it only blocks like the last 6 right now, whatever it is should double tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. degolfer222

degolfer222 I finally changed my title VIP

Iirc, it already locks out the last like 5-6 maps played.

And to the original suggestion, +1. It would limit map choices, sure, but then we would get actual variety instead of motel and dolls with short breaks between em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hyper ✿

Hyper ✿ peace lata VIP Bronze

i want my numbers back

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Tbh I don't know why people complain so much about maps coming again. If they are picked over and over maybe people want to play on those maps. They are picked by popular vote so why are you guys constantly trying to stop peopel from getting what they want.

• Dislike x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  7. tz-

tz- feelin it VIP Emerald

3 elites are worth 12 votes we literally choose which maps we want to play

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

Then its not how it locks map that is the problem but the vote power :confused:

9. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

How many voting threads will there be? Nothing is perfect, every change results in people being unhappy, deal with it. It's fine as is. Also im surprised Motel and Dolls get complained about a lot when every map selection is people micspamming for lifetheroof and nuclear power.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I personally like a system like Battlefield or COD. Two maps pop up to vote for, both with pretty equal popularity, and then players vote on this two only. Other than being the same popularity pool, the choices by the system would be random.

• Like Like x 3
  11. this. the whole premise from the author of this thread is false. a handful of threads/posts a month does not constitute "a lot of people complaining" when you compare it to the amount of players who do not partake of those threads, and the even larger number who aren't active on the forums at all.

if the map is chosen often, it's because it is wanted, it's popular, and the majority want to play it. if you can't get over yourself on this point, you have serious issues, and you may be a fan of Castro's Cuba.

iv'e been on maps i didn't particularly enjoy because that was the way the vote went. just play it out and get to the next one. also, a good solution is to find some rallying cry and get an rtv rolling. it actually works quite well more often than you would think

12. tz-

the majority is 5 elite players getting together and having 20 vote power

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. and that has been determined to be valid. those people contributed $100 to the servers this month. i'd say they paid for that power

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. tz-

alright the majority is 5 vip+ players having 20 votes

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  15. maybe its not the majority, but if someone were to contribute that much money to the server they damn well better get some privileges for it. are you feeling guilty now? o_O

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  16. Ata47

Ata47 Mars Rover Banned VIP

"That map was played less than 1 hour ago"

How about that

17. veL

veL VIP

Yes please. So many underrated maps that never get played.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

Do the servers go six maps without crashing, though?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

+1 to *some* kinda change

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.)

ZaneLoehr (Masochist Ver.) Warehouse 13 Next Generation VIP

Bit of a rant for this post, if you're not into reading just rate it Bad speling (here's your excuse) and move on.

The idea of a change to the voting system is something that players have suggested for YEARS (I mean we're at 5 years now). Every time some form of change, is done on the voting system, people complain about it. There have always been those that aren't happy with the way it is or the way it becomes. Even now if some of the changes you guys are suggesting gets implemented, people still wont be happy. NO SYSTEM IS PERFECT. And that's natural. There is no need to keep searching for a perfect solution cause it will never come. Let's look at the voting system we have now.

Number of votes are hidden so that vote count cant influence players decision on voting, in addition to this, the past 5-6 maps are locked and can't be selected (so saying its always the same 4 maps is an overstatement). Meaning if people vote for a map it's because they want to play that map. The only external source that can influence someone's vote is player's micspamming what map they want to play and you'd be surprised how many players give in to that peer pressure. With that being said the maps people complain about still get picked time and time again, what does that tell you? YOU ARE IN THE MINORITY! Lot's of players complain? If this was true we wouldn't get Dolls and Motel all the time since you wouldn't be voting for it. People want to play those maps and that is why they get picked, so please stop stroking your ego by implying the majority are unhappy and that change is needed simply cause you don't like playing those maps often.

When players complained about having 3 different community pool maps, the consensus was that players enjoyed those maps hence there being no reason to remove any of them. If that's the case then why does there need to be a change for the voting system when the maps getting picked means that players want to play those maps and therefore enjoy them. I have to be missing something because I fail to see why the popular maps getting picked a lot is a bad thing, THAT'S WHAT MAKES THEM POPULAR! Also most of you are ranked players. You have extra vote power. You have the power to sway votes to your side. If even with your extra vote power another map gets chosen then so be it. It wasn't wanted.

Also feel free to make a log of the maps that get chosen when you play, you'll realise that its mainly confirmation bias. They do not get played nearly as much as you make it out to be.
    I've ended up on lifetheroof way more than motel in the last few weeks. And this is coming from a player who insta-joins when he sees motel is being played.

Also I should mention when I make statements like 'as much as you make it out to be' its being directed in a general sense to those who are unhappy with the current system and not as a direct response to any post in the thread.