Change Traitor associated markers to different colors for color-blind players

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by neutral, May 22, 2017.

1. Amr

Amr Benevolently Committed VIP Iron

Alright HOMIES,

I researched this and I went ahead and made pink VTF files for the red things, and then I realized, you can't hot load vtf files(switch them out), this would need the person to restart their game(theoretically). Also to change things such as the hud you will need to redraw the hud so it doesnt affect the files of the gamemode.

I am willing to redraw the hud but I dunno how I can add an option to switch the colors and the vtf files since this requires a derma hook. Since I am no derma expert which is where @Opalium can help out.

2. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Bump. Just heard again today that this was an issue for some people. If this is something that may be possible, that'd be awesome. :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fear☠

Fear☠ The Dark Lord VIP

I +1 everythink that helps players to get a better experience on the servers, without giving any advantage over others.

Take my +1 kind sir.
    May this be in the server faster than light!

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  4. Panda With a Gun

Panda With a Gun CHINA NUMBA ONE Administrator VIP Emerald

I mean if it helps people +1

5. Jmanp

Jmanp Member

+1 I have a few friends who are colorblind that play on the server and think it would help them and anyone else.

6. Lion

Lion Ryan's Favorite Admin Banned VIP

+ 1

7. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

This would be very cool to have. +1

Maybe a yellow for the color, kinda like the PUBG crosshair change from when you go from non color blind to colorblind mode.

8. MemeDaddy

MemeDaddy VIP

please @HelixSpiral half the time i can't see my cross hairs and shit blows.

9. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Additional single.

that mean +1

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. (ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一

(ØČĐ)™ Atlas ︻デ═一 Always Gray ︻デ═一 VIP

Just wanna jump in here cause i got the email notification. I was talking with opal when this was originally brought up (Before he was owner) And apparently this is not something that can be done on the coding end but is more on the game end if i remember correctly. This being said I will come back to test any colorblind additions to the server. Love you all and I am 86.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Would help a lot of people, hell it would help anyone really, sometimes people (Including myself) can't see it sometimes and almost shoot our T-buddies because it's just a dim little square.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Jabba the Slut

Jabba the Slut That's Kinky! Lead Admin VIP Silver

Yeah, this would be cool for the people it applies to. +1

13. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

Core TTT update gl but good idea

14. Xerp

Xerp VIP

Colorblindness is actually a spectrum. So giving custom entry box or a slider would be most helpful

• Like Like x 1
  15. Anonymous1

Anonymous1 do you know how it feel to feel alone VIP Bronze

+1 i think i know someone who would benefit from this... :D

16. Qwesi

Qwesi VIP

As a player suffering from red-blue colorblindness (aka deuteranomaly) I would love for this update.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Zuko

Zuko VIP Bronze

+1

18. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

From my experience with ttt there is a colourblindness already programmed into garry's mod. So why do we need more programming while there already is a programm?

• Confusing Confusing x 1
  19. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

People who are colourblind can already change it if they just tick the box colourblind (will add a screenshot tonight of where it is located.)

20. jshore

jshore VIP

how about you just stop being color blind lmao

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dumb Dumb x 2