Change The Way Players Respond To TTT Reports

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Bonk2, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

If you get reported in game : You shouldn't be able to respond or be prompted to respond until you are dead. This is a form of ghosting as it affects the player during their round because the player has to take time out of the active round to respond. There is a sense of urgency to respond on the spot, especially when it says "Player x is now handling your report" in the top right hand side.
    Answering reports during active rounds can also relay information that the player wouldn't have otherwise known.(Let me know if you need an example)

I would also like to add that when a dead person enters the command !RTV : It shows up for the players that are alive. If the person who did this is missing in action, then this is also a form of ghosting, as players that are alive can deduce the fact that this person is using the Traitor chat or is missing in action, which i would argue is a form of ghosting.

Let me know what you think.

• Dumb x 6
    • Disagree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
  2. lmao no

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. Sable

Sable Keepin it chill VIP

I agree about reports - They shouldn't pop up until you die, and the command perm should be limited to staff usage for !respond.

For the rtv thing, I think the message of who rtv'ed should be relayed only to dead chat. The message of how many votes are needed still should be global. This would fix the potential ghosting.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Elvis

Elvis TheRockStars VIP Silver

When you are reported, the staff that are on know that you likely wont handle the report until you die. There isnt a sense of urgency really because they can view the DeathScene prior to getting your response, and refer back to it if need be, even on map change.

The rules for ghosting are: Ghosting is the act of providing current-round-related, game-influencing information to an alive player, or players, through means of communications other than world or team chat.

By responding to a report, you are not ghosting. However, if the player that reported you gives you information like "John is a traitor", then that would be ghosting if found to be true. It is unlikely, and to be honest with you I've only seen a handful of those situations in all the time ive been staff.

Going to your !RTV point. Refer back to what I quoted the ghosting rules to be. You are not providing any round related information through a 3rd party chat when you type !RTV in chat while dead.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. DarkShiny

DarkShiny Just guilty me NOW, boi VIP Silver

You can rtv in console, thus
    making this invalid

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

@Elvis I personally as a player, feel a sense of urgency, this might just be me unconsciously not wanting to waste staffs time. As you are staff, your perspective will be different. Stopping someone for 30 seconds to solve a report, that is game changing.30 seconds is enough time to do various amount of tasks, resulting in a different outcome of the game. Although it may not fit your description of ghosting, I feel it is relevant to come under a similar term.

My RTV point , yes I agree it may not exactly be ghosting. However I can easily tell who is the traitor and it has come under RDM when I have done so.

7. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

That was information that I did not know. I still feel majority players, similar to me, do not know this and from what I have seen. Most players write !RTV in chat and not through the console. Maybe It's easier? Anyways the option for it to show should at least be delayed if not removed, as @Sable mentioned

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

Being able to respond to a report right after the kill also will avoid confusion and allows players to more accurately give their reason. If they have multiple reports they may not remember who they killed for what. Staff can see reports, so ghosting using the report function is easy to catch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

I think you may have missed one of my points, let me provide an example. I am an innocent sniping someone who I consider a traitor on McDolls, I actively KOS this player and killed him. Now he reports me because he is salty. I know he is innocent because of his report going " I didn't do anything , i am innocent". Now that gives me information to go hide his body to decrease the suspicion on me, which I otherwise may not have done. It affects decision making. Now If I never knew i was reported, I would go tell someone who is closer to go ID it.

However I understand your point about people having bad memories of what happened, however I personally haven't experienced this to a bad extent and I had 7 reports against me in 1 round today...

10. Moleman

Moleman Dr Pepper Enthusiast VIP

I partially agree with this, as the report feature can possibly be considered a form of ghosting, but I think that it's necessary. For instance, as Ryan stated above, it's important to be able to quickly respond to a report and it's even more important to know if you HAVE a report or not, as some people may leave immediately after they die or the round ends, thereby missing the report.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

Maybe a compromise somewhere? Like a pop up after you die or just a little note that you got reported, not the actual report against you and the ability to respond before death

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

I thought the response prompt didn't pop up until you die?

• Like Like x 1
  13. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

So you're suggesting removing the !respond command? I'm not sure what would be considered ghosting about it. Could you give an example?

14. RyanHymenman

RyanHymenman Conscript the women and kids Administrator VIP Silver

He is saying that you CAN ghost with it. Someone can say "Boomerang Man is a traitor" as the reason for the report. Typing !respond will then show you what they said. Note this isn't ghosting for the player receiving the message unless they act on the info given to them. Giving potentially round influencing information to a living player will always be considered ghosting. Even if it is not acted on. (note: putting round relevant info is not ghosting if its related to the reason for the report. i.e saying that the person you were shooting at was a traitor).

That is a possibility, but instances of people a) being reported and getting info like that, and b) not knowing the body is already inno, and c) acting on the information, are so few and far between that I think the positives of the !respond function far outweigh this negative.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

so what tho? if they ghost, they'll get banned. you are pretty much guaranteeing you're ban by showing proof to the staff member who is handling the report.

after some thought, this is stupid suggestion. -1

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  16. Dodley27

Dodley27 Dolfin VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  17. Najm

Najm Feeling cute, might remove other eye later. VIP

Why are you booing him? He is right.

SGM always highly valued the topic of clean gameplay and this is an issue - it might be a small one, but it is an issue.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

Honestly, there is a point of having it be 'so clean it's toxic'
    I love bringing it up, but there was a point in time where you had to be so 100% sure that the person you're shooting was a T,
    You could be standing so close to someone your shotgun clipped through their head
    Shoot them
    Have them spin around and shoot you in under a second
    And then you'd be able to report and have them slain.
    Why? Because it was technically possible that in that second it took to turn around, the movement could have been so perfectly timed that the person you should could have been someone else.

of course, there were reasons other than making a good rule that made this a rule, but the point remains: TTT is not meant to be a perfect gameplay loop. Mistakes happen, uncertainty happens, and part of the game is that sense of uncertainty. So finding every little way that someone didn't behave perfectly, and then punishing them for it, is just ridiculous. !respond is fine, it makes for faster report responses and smoother gameplay as a result. This *is* still a game.

19. It's a small issue if you're a god damn nerd! Amirite fellow chads of sgm?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Bonk2

Bonk2 Banned

You all make fair points. However I believe filling a response (Doesn't matter if it takes 10 - 30 seconds) interrupts gameplay and can change how the game turns out. The dead player is influencing the player that is alive by giving him the option to take time out of his active round to fill a report. That is something that should not happen. I think the admins should consider my thread. Although it might not be liked (as I have received some dumb ratings), I felt this was a suggestion I had to express.

• Dumb Dumb x 1