Rejected Change the way how mods are allowed to punish people

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Herra Kali, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herra Kali

Herra Kali Member

so, i just accidentally killed a t-buddy while we defended ourselves from innocents and he reported me.

well, i apologized and offered to buy him a t-run as a compensation. i was slain anyways.

the rules even say that "Punishments are subject to change under an admin's discretion."

when i asked the reason for this in admin chat i was told:"i'm sorry, i'm only a mod, so i have to follow the rules to a t"

why this? you are forcing your mods to work against their conscience and refuse the possibility for arbitration between the victim and the prosector.

• Disagree x 8
    • Optimistic x 4
    • Dumb x 2
    • Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling x 1
  2. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

The most common argument to this is that mods don't all know how to use discretion properly and there will be a lot of misuses in situations where it's not necessary or just completely wrong.

Mods already have some discretion, they can forgive goomba stomps if the victim forgives and they don't have to report unreported damage 20 or less.

Furthermore if a mod sees fit for discretion they can always ask an admin+ to grant it for them.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Herra Kali

Herra Kali Member

well... i seriously think this would have been one of those situations where one could have just left it as it was. i bet you would have.

4. ink

ink Genuine Happiness VIP Silver

Another prominent argument is that the sheer number of mods decreases accountability of discretion and statistically gives a much higher chance of abuse and improper judgement. I think the current hierarchy of staff is fine. Admins are pretty much always available so.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

After reading the title I propose we allow mods to spank players... It may awaken something within them :sneaky:

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • Optimistic x 1
    • Creative x 1
  6. Herra Kali

Herra Kali Member

well, there was none at the time. just like there were on those countless of times when i was rdm'd for my day's first t-run. these servers are fine and cool but mods and admins are too ruthless

7. Herra Kali

Herra Kali Member

@Carned i totally agree. i'm into bdsm so don't worry

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

+1 to ur perma ban application

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Pacifist

Pacifist Cynically Insane VIP Bronze

I mean if we are talking about context, the other player never approached me that he had forgiven you. Rather, you just came to me and begged not to be slain because you bought him a T round.

give me discretion, don't give me discretion it doesn't mean anything to me. I'll still enforce the rules to the best of my ability every single time.

• Like Like x 2
  10. .shirt

.shirt VIP

pretty sure this goes under crossfire.

11. Herra Kali

Herra Kali Member

um, actually nope. i told him IF it's okay to him i'll buy him a t-run. he didn't reply. so no i didn't buy him because he didn't agree to it

12. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Well, what's the big deal then? You RDMed -> the guy cared enough about it to report you/didn't respond to your PMs and want to forgive you -> you got slain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Herra Kali

Herra Kali Member

rdm is kinda rough word for an accident but yeah. however, i have had 2 similar situations and in both of them i bought them a t-run. but still got slain.

14. Rauno

Rauno   VIP

Getting slain is a part of the game. Everybody makes mistakes and miscalculations and gets slain from time to time. It's not a big deal.

After you learn the rules and get better at the game you'll get slain more rarely but it will still happen and you shouldn't sweat it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Is this actually in writing anywhere? In ban appeals mods say that they must report unreported damage but the extended rules say that they may.

Although if a player damages someone slightly who then heals at a health stations they should just be slapped for the amount caused as it didn't really ruin the persons round.

16. Emily❤

Emily❤ The strongest light is the one within VIP Silver Emerald

We don't use the slap feature on our server and the rules does say that all random damage is RDM and you will be punished for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Agent A

Agent A Veni, vidi, vici VIP Silver Emerald

It's a common knowledge at this point that staff do not have to report any damage inflicted 20 damages or lower, but they may choose to investigate it at their will if they find the person abusing the damage threshold to avoid being slain for rdm.

Secondly, the damagelog doesn't record how much the person heal with the healthstation. Even so, a slay is much more simple than slapping people since slapping people can move them around whereas the aslay just simply slays them next round.

18. Smusha

Smusha Meme Marine & Staffin' Machine VIP

Speaking out of experience I presume :sneaky:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. littlememe

littlememe nothinglastsforever VIP Bronze

Deal with it.

20. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

This debate will never end I guess.
    The previous replies explain this well. You can also search for the many other threads where this was discussed. I hope this will give you a better picture on this.

Thanks for suggesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.