Change the RDM and Leave Rule..

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by jonnyallen3, Jun 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So I just went through my ban history and I have a shitload of RDM and Leave bans and I have never RDM and left ever. I have never randomly left after killing someone for no reason, and I have never left after a slay. So why the hell do I have any bans for it?

If someone leaves while they are reported, especially with no mods on, then just leave an autoslay for that person when they return.. Why would a mod come into a server and ban someone when they have no clue what even happened, also why should someone be forced to stay in a server while they have a pending report and there is no staff online. Just leave an autoslay or drop the case altogether. It isn't the end of the world if someone gets away with RDMing every once in a while.

Now I like the rules to negate RDMing, without it, TTT servers would be a disaster. When someone blatantly RDM and leaves, mass RDMs, and is altogether ruining the experience for everyone, then yes, they deserve a ban. Not when someone leaves during a pending report or there is no staff online, just outright banning someone for it is kind of stupid.

Also I don't get why people get banned for leaving after a slay. The deed is done and that person is dead for that round regardless if they stay or not. The punishment has happened. What is the point of forcing someone to sit in a server and waste their time after getting slayed? Last I checked this isn't Nazi Germany.

• Dumb x 10
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Old x 1
  2. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

A slay is literally timeout. You ruined someone's round, so now you have to sit out a round. Leaving in the middle of the round is like trying to get out of timeout early. That's all the needs to be said on the topic.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

You're saying some things that aren't exactly true.

We don't go into servers and ban people that left with a single valid report on them. We can add slays to someone's SteamID and it's been like that for a while now. RDM without staff on bans aren't a thing anymore. You can also leave the server if there is no staff online. If you have 3 valid reports or more then it's a ban, but never RDM and Leave.

Now for this. You've been administered a punishment and you tried to avoid it. Why would it be fair for the person that got RDM'd to possibly not even see if the person is going to get some sort of punishment? I say that because lots of trolls go in the servers every day just to RDM, leave and come back months later. By then, everyone's forgotten about the incident.

And come on, comparing this to "Nazi Germany" is really stretching it. Simply ask the staff member if you may leave in case they find something. Done deal, no ban for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. I've never RDM and left though. It's an extenuating circumstance when I leave with reports against me and get banned for it. I've never actually rdm and left, which is why the rule should be changed.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
  5. Zypther

Zypther #SuitUp VIP Bronze Iron

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Zikeji

This isn't a subforum meant to talk about yourself. You made a suggestion regarding a rule, bringing your own personal ban appeal into this (while still waiting on it to get resolved) is counterproductive.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Yeah but using examples from myself is very productive.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Scotty

Scotty Heroes come and go, but legends are forever. VIP Bronze

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. Zikeji

Your example is worthless at this point because it hasn't be resolved. And if you're referring to historical examples, well.. They aren't going to help your case either.

10. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

_Seeing as that isn't the rule there is nothing to change.
    _If you do get banned for RDM and Leave and you're sure there wasn't any staff online, then keep doing what you already do and appeal it, if they are unable to prove you left while they were on the server you will be unbanned and your ban will be voided and they will be chewed out/talked to/etc by their superior to make sure it won't happen again.

_About the other things you want to change in the rules though, I disagree that leaving during the round you were slain in should go unpunished because if you were already thinking of leaving you could just RDM then stay for the seconds it takes for the next round to start and then leave, nothing lost if you were already not going to play anymore or change servers, and therefore nothing discouraging people from doing exactly that.
    _While it certainly isn't a massive inconvenience as someone can alt tab and go do something else or even just leave their computer instead of watching the round finish, it is still inconvenient enough to discourage people from RDMing.

_The TTT rules are there so that playing TTT on SGM is mostly enjoyable, or at least isn't bad, the punishments are there to discourage people from breaking said rules and therefore diminishing the experience.
    _This particular rule does exactly that, as your best option at the moment is to not RDM, else you go through the experience of having to wait until the round you were slain in ends or leave and have an even longer punishment.

11. Titan

Titan SGM's official music nerd Administrator VIP Bronze

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Ah yes,

The ole "change the rules, because I don't want to change" suggestion.

No.

Denied.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

You do understand that this is a person run server right? Where when you join their server, you agree to follow the rules set by that person/people/community. Like when people say "Oh it' free speech I can say what i want" it doesn' work that way. The rules are there for a reason and well explained by the others in this thread, but I wanted to touch on this part.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Shelbutt

Shelbutt VIP

Short, sweet and to the point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. I'm guessing that's why my last ban was lifted because of a mistake. I bet you all feel pretty stupid now, huh.

• Dumb Dumb x 8
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Not really. You just proved that our system works. Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. Saturnity

Saturnity SGMs Personal Planet VIP

Slightly confused on the topic. It is already like as you suggested.

If someone is reported, a staff member can come on and view reports, that's why you can report with no staff on, and that said person will get a slay if they were in the wrong. Staff don't just go on and ban people after they left IF no staff were on at the time of the report. So, in your case, there probably were staff on and you left AFTER you got slayed, because you have to stay the whole round, and you might have left sometime in that period of being slayed and respawning.

18. Daddy Nexxus

Daddy Nexxus Toxi-Fessional VIP

I've not used the "dumb" rating so much as I have in the past week since I've joined this community. You are kind of an idiot.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Xproplayer

Xproplayer VIP Silver

[​IMG]

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. Opalium

Opalium Stay Awesome Banned VIP Silver

^

Thanks for suggesting.