Rejected Change the 'accidental RDM' rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Electronized, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Should it be classified as RDM as it is currently?

1. Yes, it should stay.

30 vote(s)
    83.3%
  2. No, it should change.

6 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think that a crowbar fight which both parties agreed to beforehand should absolutely not be counted as RDM.
    I find it even more ridiculous that the one who attacked first is the only one who gets punished.

Apparently if you change this rule there could be some loopholing. Well, no. If both parties agree to it, the moderator should check if the claim is correct, by reporting them both. If it isn't(1), or one of them doesn't respond(2), then you should either slay the one who started(1) or slay them both(2)*

I also heard the argument that it would disrupt gameplay. That's idiotic. If having fun with one of your friends disrupts gameplay, why do we even play TTT? I get it that you mean 'people will shoot the fighters', but so be it, if they want to crowbar fight that should be a risk they're willing to take.

*For the love of God allow moderator's discretion on this one.

• Disagree x 16
    • Optimistic x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Dumb x 1
  2. Toxic gameplay, loopholing.
    Just change the rule.

3. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Well,someone is still gonna get punished(either RDM if someone gets hit,including your partner,by a bullet that one of you shot,or loopholing cause that way you cant get slain and thats exploiting a hole in the rules,sooooo)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  4. Dolph1n

Dolph1n Time is an adventure- if you know when to look. Banned Elite

It can cause rdm chains, so definite no from me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Why would anyone get hit by a bullet if you're fighting with crowbars? o_O
    Well if you'd change the rule it's not loopholing.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  6. CorallocinB

CorallocinB Animeme lord VIP Silver Emerald

Ok, but it's also not something that's integral to TTT gameplay. Why have it and allow it? "It's fun." Well, aren't you playing TTT because that's fun and the purpose of the servers?

Based on current RDM rules, the person who deals damage first is at fault. The person who received the damage can kill them without penalty.

But, why? Why report them both? This is also adding onto the work load and training of mods. "Ok so our rule of crowbar fighting requires both participants to report each other and say we agreed to this." Hey, here's another loophole. You can fuck new people over who aren't aware of the "you have a report" alert and the other person can say "ok we've agreed thru reporting each other". Again this is also really stupid to take care of thru reports. Also re-reading a bit, one of them initiates the report then the other responds to that report. Again, why do it through reports?

Reports have not been used in this fashion before. This can be the gateway you're suggesting to use reports for something other than... reports. Might as well just make them into basic alerts or something. Because what they're doing isn't anything worthy of a report.

The fact im stumbling about the logistics of this shows just how stupid of an idea this is. "No, it's because you're stupid."

No it's because there's no good way to execute what you're saying you want to do with this realistically.

Oh look as im commenting piece by piece you've addressed something I've said. It would absolutely disrupt gameplay because for fun crow bar fights isnt apart of TTT. Also like dolphin said this can cause RDM chains. In any case, crowbar fights arent TTT and TTT doesnt include for fun crowbar fights. Go to a stupid server and crowbar fight there. You can crowbar fight elsewhere, not in these servers that are for TTT. If you are having fun crow bar fighting you dont have to do it here. You're having more fun crowbar fighting than playing the game mode the server is hosting so get out of the server.

Oh look this disrupts gameplay too. If two idiots want to slap their sticks at each other and not play TTT, then other people who are playing TTT will kill them and then other people playing TTT will kill the people who killed the crowbar fighters AKA RDM chain (well, not RDM chain but mass murder for a really stupid non-ttt related reason).

This is stupid.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Can.
    If you just do it properly, i.e in a secluded area, and/or give people plenty of warning that the fight is consensual, everything will be alright.

8. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

It's a no from me...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Zack

Zack Shepherd of Fire VIP

The fact of the matter is, it DOES disrupt gameplay. TTT is not about random crowbar fighting. Doing so, is in fact, a disruption to the natural order of things. There is no reason for this rule to change, sorry, Electro.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ptownslayer21

ptownslayer21 i'm better than ryan VIP

Exactly what I said @Rick

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  11. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I tried.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. It could be put under moderator's discretion, alongside goomba stomps, but I don't know if that'd strain the moderators too much on hectic sessions.

• Dumb Dumb x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  13. CorallocinB

If mods are already having a difficult enough time to get more discretion from the upper administration as seen through various threads in the past, and you're trying to sell this as a way to give them more discretion or to just allow discretion due to the variability of this asinine idea, you've got one of the hardest sells to make to a staff team in the making here. Your idea is instantly dead.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Agent Knockout

Agent Knockout Шуми Марица, окърваена! Плаче вдовица, ранена! VIP

Mistake in typing,I typed from smartphone.so....

15. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

The main issue that I would think a lot of mods would have is this:
    Player 1 says that player 2 said he could shoot him in voice chat. Player 2 denies this but neither the mods or both players have evidence of it NOT happening. Therefore, the mod could not slay.
    This presents a huge problem to loopholing with this rule and could be easily abused. You might say that you could make the rule more specific, say:
    "If both players agree in CHAT to the fight then it is not RDM."
    But at this point you have to question if the time of the staff is worth having to go through chat logs every time someone claims this and look for two people saying something. Further more, it could be said in T or detective chat that the potentially innocent staff could not see. This ruling just wouldn't work and it should stay as it is.

16. Ashes Relandi

Ashes Relandi ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Weeb Admin of TTT Administrator VIP Silver

I don't see the point of changing it.

Sure it's to have fun yes but as mentioned, it causes RDM chains.
    Even if you do it in a secluded area, someone is bound to find the body and grab DNA. Plus if you announce that you two are essentially fighting it out, someone is going to KOS you anyways for the death of the other. Not everyone is going to agree to both parties regarding that.

That causes more reports which essentially is more usage of staff resources. Plus checking "claims" takes time as not everyone pays attention to chat.

Also the matter brought up with loopholing.

Overall this would cause more issues for a small "fun" thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Yes that's my point, if admin's discretion is such a pain in the ass put it under moderator's discretion, but like I said, the workload would increase.
    No shit, I don't know why you brought this up.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  18. CorallocinB

And that's the problem. You can't just sell your initial idea with the caveat of mods getting discretion. Admins+ are not happy campers about giving mods discretion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. That's a problem with the admins+ then, I can't change that.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  20. Chris

Chris Custom Title VIP Bronze

If you want to randomly crowbar people and RDM, either load up your own multiplayer game and invite someone to join or find a DM server, this is not something I can support and can cause huge RDM chains.

If I see 2 people crowbar fighting, im taking one of them out, and if that person is Inno, someone is going to kill me too.

This is not something that should happen on TTT and ruins the gamemode.

I will not reply after this, but I will drop this to conclude.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.