Change dumb RDM rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Harvest, Oct 27, 2017.

?

Should jihadding a teammate (as a Traitor) be considered RDM if the round is won upon detonation.

1. Yes. It's still RDM.

36 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. No. The round is over so it shouldn't matter.

97 vote(s)
    72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

I have never said that its not RDM, contrary I have said that since my 1st sentence. The point is that slaying next round is a punishment made for RDM that potentially could had ruined someones round(or did). Slaying someone for entire round when the other guy for sure lost 0 seconds from last round is what people find dumb. In a sense it becomes a loophole to slay someone, yes its technically RDM but its absolutely pointless relative to game like said before.

2. Ted

Ted The knight in white armor! Silver

How I see it:
    You need to warn!!!
    If you take away this rule it will make a lot more last person jihad/incend/ttrap kills as people would just stop warning about traps/explosives etc.. You got lucky it didn't ruin a round of somebody, but somebody else might not be so lucky.

Keep in mind there is always room for discretion unless the victum hates you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Confusing Confusing x 1
  3. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

it's just in case someone forgets to warn
    if no real damage to your round is done, why slay

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. iii

iii eye-eye-eye or triple eye is fine VIP

Honestly, is ANYONE going to warn if it is not in the rules that they have to?
    It's not like the jihad is the be all end all of garanteeing traitor victory, if anything there is much better ways.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  5. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

If they remember to warn they still would. Currently you just click ur warn button and yolo jihad, its not like you have to pay much attention where your teammates are. If you dont warn you still take risk of getting slain its not 100% "you dont have to warn".

Clicking warn bind is free get out of jail card even if you barely give time to your teammates , its not like everyone will suddenly stop warning, warning is still safer/better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Simple... End of round, no difference.

+1

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Togo ✿

Togo ✿ Nobody Gets it VIP Silver

how about you just remove warning for jihads

• Dumb x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Creative x 1
  8. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

I don’t think you guys understand the true meaning of RDM. It means random death match and any random DAMAGE regardless of when it happens is still and always will be RDM. So yea your last t with your other t buddy and I jihad the last inno but kill your t buddy. There is a chance you can still miss the inno and ruining yours and especially your t buddy’s t round and even though it shows when people buy jihads, there’s no telling when they will actually go for it unless they warn. Since you didn’t warn, your t buddy never would’ve known and he would be blown up. This is honestly a silly topic that shouldn’t even be a problem. Case closed.

• Dumb Dumb x 6
  9. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Yeah and then you get slain which has been said about 10 times in the thread so far.

Maybe read the responses before you just repeat the same points that have already been mentioned and sorted out.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  10. Togo ✿

nice job using caps and common knowledge to make an argument that is redundant (y)

11. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

Well blame the guy that made it. ;)

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  12. Togo ✿

you made the post so you are to blame for looking retarded

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  13. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

That's pretty much the situation right now...
    I've literally only gotten slain for it because I've gotten reported for it, people who don't totally despise me don't report me and I don't get slain.

14. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

It's not tho

Again, taken from the extended rules:
    If you give too little or no time for a T buddy to react, it is still RDM, even with a warning

Yes. It is technically RDM. Staff slay players for technicalities all the time. This is no different.
    Regardless of what twist you want to put on it, it is RDM and should be slayable, hence why I suggested the compromise to make it player discretionary, like goomba stomps

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  15. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

This seems like such a silly debate. Unless I am missing something, those against have 8 points

1. It isn't in-line with the current rules:
    A. Killing people for running away from C4 and not calling out was also in-line with the rules until we changed it. There are all sorts of nuanced rules in SGM that don't fit with the pattern exactly. There is an argument to be had it actually does fall in-line with the current rules, as SGM typically does not support "What if" scenarios. A slay is meant to be a punishment for ending the round of a fellow player prematurely, or damaging them and altering it that way. Because the round ends the literal moment the Jihaad goes off, if the target is killed, you have done neither of those things. You couldn't call it "Random Death Match" because you detonated the device with the explicit and successful purpose of completing the game, even if your partner was caught unaware.

2. There is a chance you will miss:
    B. Yes. Most people don't really give time for warning anyway (Lets be honest, the amount of time you have between warning and detonation isn't enough for 80% of people to react, on average). If your detonation does not end the round, then you will be slain.

3. You miss out on Post-Round fun:
    C. Tough. It is literal seconds of gameplay, most of which is usually spent darting towards a name between walls, with even less names available to you if you are a T. It is after the round has already ended, and if we start punishing people that take it away, this would be the real slippery slope: The next step would be punishing people for killing others 'Too fast' once the round has ended.

4. It's a slippery slope for other rules:
    D. The rules in SGM are so strict, I can't see how this could possibly happen, unless the Admins who are trusted so decide to go way off course, which is another problem entirely, and would have to do more with them personally than any different rule.

5. It's complicated:
    E. If you miss, you get slain. If you finish the round, you don't. I could probably make this less words and be equally as clear.

6. Innocents could exploit it:
    F. If the innocent warns, they wouldn't RDM (So long as they were targeting the T). Still, it's a dick move. The simple way to fix this is make it T-Exclusive, say "Unless you win the round" instead of "Unless you finish the round"

7. People would get lax about warning:
    G. Newbie players wouldn't know this rule exists. If they see the MOTD, they will know they have to warn before detonation, and every time they fuck up, they will be slain. It is how a lot of people learn the rules of TTT. Veteran players will read this rule. They will understand that it is to prevent needless slaying. Or, they will stop warning at the end of rounds, fuck up at some point and get slain, then start warning again.

8. It is Technically RDM:
    H. If you aren't willing to say completion of the game voids it being random, Goomba is the first thing that comes to mind were a little bit of RDM is forgivable. Right after that, I think back to all the times @DieKasta or some other staff member has accidentally bumped me with a barrel, did one or two damage, and didn't even ask my forgiveness. Because it is so unreasonable to slay someone over such a small detail that staff members of all ranks won't even report themselves even though they should. Technically. And if that was changed, then it was changed for just being so unreasonable. Like this should be.

If I missed anything, let me know. Not TL;DR, but I think it summarizes the argument.

Edit for @.shirt :poop:

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. .shirt

.shirt VIP

17. Doctor Smurfenstein

Doctor Smurfenstein Active member Banned VIP

Man, imagine how long you all could bullshit about something actually important, if even something this petty keeps you going for so long.

If the round ends because of the jihad, who cares about getting killed with it as a T, jesus.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Juice Juice™

Juice Juice™ VIP Emerald Bronze

SGM has some of the most fanatically devoted members.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  19. BorkWoof

BorkWoof VIP

20. Aarow

Aarow VIP

Well, Helix, you know I get hella salty a lot of the time. But this? This has happened to me loads of times. I have never, and I mean never, reported someone for it. To me, that comes off as loopholing. When you use a black and white rule to punish someone even though what happened was actually grey, that's usually seen as loopholing. Like warning right as you jihad so the T buddies can't get away (Salisian global banned me for this). The black and white rule? Warn before jihad. The grey area? Did it without giving them ample time to actually react. The same should apply here. Whoever reported this person was loopholing, and the Mod who did it honestly should've reported this to his or her Admin. This was definitely in the grey, and usually the grey requires Admin discretion. I don't know why this didn't.

That's just my take on the situation, though. Feel free to reply with your own opinion or for any issues regarding clarification or correction of mine.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.