Change dumb RDM rule

Discussion in 'Rules and Protocol' started by Harvest, Oct 27, 2017.

?

Should jihadding a teammate (as a Traitor) be considered RDM if the round is won upon detonation.

1. Yes. It's still RDM.

36 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. No. The round is over so it shouldn't matter.

97 vote(s)
    72.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvest

Harvest The Forever Serpent VIP

So, here's what happened.

Three traitors, me included, were the last alive with one inno on White House. I buy a jihad, (which would warn, as everyone knew there was one inno) and detonated it by the inno without warning in traitor chat or over voice, killing both the inno and one of my T buddies. The round ended, Ts won.

I was reported and slain for this.

Now, it's always been my understanding that RDM is slayable because you're taking a round away from someone, or altering the round in any way (i.e., shooting someone randomly to half hp means they're killed easier later on). This took nothing away from anyone, as the round immediately ended. I can understand if I hadn't killed the inno - that would be RDM. But essentially, I got a round taken away from me when I didn't take a round from anyone else.

Seems kinda dumb if it's the rule. I'd suggest it be changed to be not considered RDM in this scenario.

• Agree x 27
    • Disagree x 6
    • Dumb x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Informative x 1
  2. .shirt

.shirt VIP

It doesnt matter when you buy a jihad.

YOU HAVE TO WARN YOUR T BUDDIES ANY TIME YOU ARE USING AN EXPLOSIVE OR TRAITOR TRAP, THIS INCLUDES THROWING NADES AND INCENDIARY GRENADES!!!!

• Dumb Dumb x 12
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  3. Harvest

Wow, the caps definitely make your argument more solid. Warning would changed nothing. Literally nothing.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. .shirt

.shirt VIP

Yes it does, do you not understand the point of a warning.

• Dumb Dumb x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Why blur the ones of when to warn and when not to warn. Also, what if you were unsuccessful and, in killing your t buddy, you made it a 1 vs 1 situation and your team lost because of you.

Just warn and don't be lazy.

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

This can be found in the extended rules here: https://www.seriousgmod.com/threads/sgm-ttt-extended-rules.42318/

This rule is perfectly sound. As mango stated, what happened if you had been unsuccessful, you would have severely altered the outcome of the round.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. neutral

neutral Banned VIP

Hey guys,

I can understand Harvest's point here which I why I want to hear more feedback. Keep in mind with suggestions- the point isn't to restate what the current rule is, this isn't a Q&A. But rather the intention of the rule and whether it should change. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

In my opinion RDM is punishes because it ruins someone round... if you're killing someone as the final kill... you're not ruining their round as it would end.

If you don't kill the innocent they you get slain, to clarify the rule used to be like and was changed to the current ruling.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Dumb Dumb x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. .shirt

.shirt VIP

There is a grey area in this "final kill" theres a good chance that the inno can get away or what if it was a detective that went into a hex shield upon the explosion. You end up killing your t buddies.

10. Toest

Toest "I am the bus" ~ Falcor, all the time VIP

I think that there is a more than enough reason to change the rule to state:
    Any damage/kills of teammates caused by failing to warn them in time and which does not result in the winning of the round by their respective team is considered RDM.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Then you get slain, simple.

Its not grey at all, its black and white.... You kill the Inno and T buddy = Not RDM, You don't kill the Inno but T buddy = RDM.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steven

Steven VIP Silver

Previously the rule was that if you killed both the last innocent and any fellow traitor to end the round that meant it wasnt RDM. This is of course because the game ended upon the innos death so it cancels out the traitors. I dont see why this rule was changed.

13. Acnologia

Acnologia modern desperado VIP Silver

Can see Harvest's point, and I agree completely

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
  14. Siddo

Siddo Banned VIP Bronze

Honestly, I see where you're coming from here.
    RDM is essentially playing in a way that doesn't align with the rules.
    Typically with, as you say, the effect of
    Now, with the rule being clear cut like this, it leaves no question about warning being a necessity.
    If we were to soften the ruling, so that this situation isn't treated as RDM, it may make people more "lazy" with warnings near the end of the game. Ultimately leading to more slays for RDM/unfortunate deaths because people slack on their warnings and don't always succeed in killing their target(s).

Inversely, we have this actual scenario where you actually win the round and your team mate suffers nothing under their death. But you are eligible for slay(s) if you don't warn prior to activation, despite your T-buddy losing nothing with their death if you succeed.

Personally, I think it'd be fair to add a special scenario to the ruling, something akin to what was suggested above. That should activation lead to the win of the round, any 'crossfire' on teammates without warning is ignored. However, the ideal is still that you warn out of regard for your teammates.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

It doesn’t matter if it happened right when the round ended. You still didn’t warn for the jihad and you could have missed the inno but killed just your t buddy. It is still considered rdm even though you kinases your t buddy when the round ceased.

• Dumb Dumb x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Adrian Shephard

Adrian Shephard VIP Silver

But if u survive u get 1 more score points if u die u won't get it.:(

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  17. Timo654

Timo654 EU BEST VIP Silver

we're not talking about what it is right now, this is a suggestion to change it.

if you missed the inno, you could get slain

if you didn't, then not. it would be simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Harvest

So, I got slain for something that might have happened? I've said in my post, if the kill didn't end the round, it would clearly be RDM. I'm saying that this shouldn't be, because there was no further round. I'm not asking to be told the rule, I'm suggesting a change to a stupid one.

19. Jässa

Jässa Thick thighs save lives VIP

+1 to changing it "back" to that if you win the round at the same time/with the same play, as you RDM, its forgiven. In the end you are punishing someone for only ruining someone elses after-round which is pointless. Sure its still RDM in a sense but the only effect it has on the game is that you lose karma for damaging teammates.

The only really drawback is that someone might be so confident in their jihad that they dont warn jihading last inno but they just fuck it up and end up RDMing because they know if they succeed they dont have to warn. Though im extremely confident more often than not, people who are using jihads etc are regulars who know what they are doing and end up succeeding.

Also kinda offtopic but the thing with jihads is, if someone buys it while theres 1 inno left, you can be 99% sure they are gonna try to jihad the last inno, if you die to that jihad Id say its pretty much your fault anyway as anyone with a brain would know whats going to happen.

tl;dr please stop slaying people for the sake of slaying them, they didnt ruin anyones round if they succeed. You arent helping anyone by slaying them

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. ThatAintFalco

ThatAintFalco You should’ve followed the damn train CJ VIP

But he just told us that he did indeed jihad his t buddy and therefore lost karma. I’m fine with him coming up with a suggestion but I’m explaining why it is still rdm.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.